TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

^It's the combination of the "sooooooo" and that denotes sarcasm, the second post was clearly just using in response to the first, but the straightforward wording indicates that he genuinely thought the first post was a complaint.

Sarcasm 101 thread, I'm starting it now. I will also be starting

"Pulling the Stick Out Your Butt 101" as a companion course.

Edited by neil009

^It's the combination of the "sooooooo" and that denotes sarcasm, the second post was clearly just using in response to the first, but the straightforward wording indicates that he genuinely thought the first post was a complaint.

Sarcasm 101 thread, I'm starting it now.

I think all the RMC conversions have a certain ugly/pretty aesthetic, pretty in an industrial sort of way but yes also kind of ugly. Kind of like old factory buildings.

Right now Storm Chaser is sitting in a mostly empty plot of land (because, hate to point out the obvious, but there used to be a roller coaster sitting next to it that is no longer there), but all it would take is some trees and landscaping and I'd really like how it looks.

Lets not forget the Pepsi-Cola warehouse right across the street (ironic considering KK serves Coke products ). The whole area outside the ride area is industrial and currently lacking in trees, so the aesthetic does carry over to outside. Although, I hope they do add trees since the inside towards Mile High Falls is heavily forested.

I wonder if they went with inversions on this to separate it from being too similar lightning run?

It's possible. The thing with RMCs is that the inversions flow so naturally and smoothly, I can't imagine feeling a significant difference on those without inversions versus those with. Either way, the Midwest is getting loaded with some RMCs; I really need to visit sometime!

EDIT: Oops, you said Lightning Run, not Lightning Rod. My mistake.

I wonder if they went with inversions on this to separate it from being too similar lightning run?

Could be. Could also be that Ed Hart looked at Medusa's first drop and went "That's the coolest f*cking thing I've ever seen, I'm putting that in my park."

Could be. Could also be that Ed Hart looked at Medusa's first drop and went "That's the coolest f*cking thing I've ever seen, I'm putting that in my park."

Sounds pretty accurate!

I'm just so happy for Kentucky Kingdom. It looked like we might not ever see the park operate again and now they will have two of the best coasters in America along with a full head of steam in the amusement park world. I for one will make the trip this year and I know the addition of Storm Chaser will draw many more from around the country to Kentucky!

#KentuckyKingdomrocks!

No more outside banked turn like it had in the animation? I'm confused.

What outside bank are you referring to? There was no outside bank in the section shown in the 4 pictures posted above, from what I've seen.

I'm assuming they were referring to the outside banked turn shown in the animation:

thumb_storm-chaser-tipoutspiralend.png

But there is no outside banked turn:

thumb_fb_img_1457793525142.jpg

I'm excited to see a hi G helix of death by them. This looks yummy!

Agreed!! This is going to be awesome!

The Helix looks like it will be great, but the outward banked turn would have provided another moment of airtime. But either way, I'm excited to ride Storm Chaser some day!

you don't think it might still pop up on that next piece of track? looks like there still might be room, and without the ledgers placed yet, hard to say yes or no.