TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

inside source saying another coaster is coming! no further details.

As much as I want to believe you, I'm sure you know that saying you have "inside sources" doesn't really go over well here.

trust me my inside source always comes through!

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Considering that the original statement is in no way falsifiable, I'm calling BS. Another coaster is coming...yeah, probably, at some indeterminate point in the future, one will be built there. This is a meaningless statement.

Glad to see this park doing so well. I'm thinking about making my first trip to the park next year after the awesome additions they've made over the last few seasons.

Agreed, with LR and SC, this is a park that I definitely need to check out. My wife's sister just moved to Louisville, so I will hopefully be paying KK a visit next year!

• 2 weeks later...
I've noticed that there is something going on behind the Rapids River Ride which can be seen from certain parts of Phillips Lane.

I've noticed that too. The main bit of work I've see is where the old Top Eliminator Dragsters used to be. I can't wait to see what they add! My guess is that spot looks perfect for a Zamperla 'Disk’O Coaster'. About the right size and shape of land. They could count it as a coaster (ugh) which bumps their coaster count.

I've noticed that there is something going on behind the Rapids River Ride which can be seen from certain parts of Phillips Lane.

I've noticed that too. The main bit of work I've see is where the old Top Eliminator Dragsters used to be. I can't wait to see what they add! My guess is that spot looks perfect for a Zamperla 'Disk’O Coaster'. About the right size and shape of land. They could count it as a coaster (ugh) which bumps their coaster count.

Interesting thought. Those Disko coasters are fun. Kings Island has one, and Holiday World doesn't, which is honestly an advantage in KK's favour. They're never going to be as big as KI, so they're going to stay focused on HW, and gaining an edge on them in the thrill ride category can help keep some Louisvillians in town.

Interesting thought. Those Disko coasters are fun. Kings Island has one, and Holiday World doesn't, which is honestly an advantage in KK's favour. They're never going to be as big as KI, so they're going to stay focused on HW, and gaining an edge on them in the thrill ride category can help keep some Louisvillians in town.

I know I am going to get backlash for this but me and my wife much much prefer KK over HW. A disco would make there already better flat ride selection even better!

They're never going to be as big as KI.

Never say never.

SFSTL vs Holiday World. Rewind 15 years. Then, envision 15 years into the future.

I'm not trying to start an argument. Just something to think about.

I know I am going to get backlash for this but me and my wife much much prefer KK over HW. A disco would make there already better flat ride selection even better!

How dare you have a different opinion? Preposterous!

In all honesty, I like HW better, but I like both of them a lot. Last year I went to HW but not KK. This year I did the opposite, and next year I'm going to try to go them both. I think you can't go wrong, whichever one you choose.

They're never going to be as big as KI.

Never say never.

SFSTL vs Holiday World. Rewind 15 years. Then, envision 15 years into the future.

I'm not trying to start an argument. Just something to think about.

That's a fair point. They are growing quite fast and acting like they absolutely want to compete with HW and KI. Lightning Run and Storm Chaser are absolutely players. Add to that a killer waterpark, a well themed rapids ride, and a bunch of good flats, and it's hard to argue against them.