TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Just letting you guys know, the indoor queue and that front entrance is exclusive to Great America's as far as I know. The entire ride for the other two parks is shown in the second picture. Great America's will not have that little side room sticking out. That is the pre-show building at New England and Great Adventure, the rest of there queue will be outside.

Though I still think the idea of putting to wild mouse coasters right next to each other at SFGAm is a little dumb, I'm definitely impressed with the drawings for this ride. I'm really hoping that the level of theming they are putting out for these three coasters is going to be a sign of the future.

I'm excited to ride in a little subway car... those are cute! However, that's one HELL of a queue line... I guess they're ready for large crowds and crappy capacity?

That queue is INSANE. Thankfully, it'll be air-conditioned, but the size of that thing is just huge- and boring looking too (it's just one large, meandering queue)

Hmm, it looks like Dark Knight and S:UF will share the exit queue at the end.

While I'm a little upset that it won't be as themed as Scooby Doo in Australia, I am impressed with what SF is doing. I just hope they don't waste the 3.75 million in theming on the structure the building will be housed in. The trains look cool though, and is it just me, or is the lift enclosed in its own "room"?

I still don't see why they would get this when they already have Rajun Cajun.

I was wondering the same thing. The Dark Knight is being heavily themed, so to the average amusement park go-er they are two seperate rides. The park president explained that the reason they used a wild mouse is because they wanted a ride that could pull quick manuevers and that they could work with for the theme.

I think that the experience will be more of a dark ride (almost like a electronic target shooting ride) rather than a coaster. I forgot to ask if they planned on heavily trimming the ride in order to allow more time to take in the theming. Before this was explained, I wasn't expecting much from the ride. Now I'm pretty sure that it will be a good addition and will add a new type of experience to the park.

Great Adventure has received the first shipment of track!

They have the pictures posted on their official construction journal.

Click here to view it!

Enjoy!

I'm having a flashback to last winter when I put together an HO-scale model of that exact same mouse

Here's what the full-size version looks like with the stock cat-and-mouse theming: