TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

On 5/6/2021 at 10:29 AM, coasterbill said:

- They will continue to operate the Drive-Thru Safari in New Jersey as a separately gated attraction

Not a surprise as this is the most financially viable option. Since bringing it back impromptu last year during the lockdown, they have definitely improved the experience with an audio guide, refreshed signage, and a gift shop/food stand at the exit (versus just porta-johns last year). It'll continue to attract an audience who maybe wouldn't normally pay admission to go into the park, even if they were just interested in the safari. Staffing wise you're only adding gate attendants (which anyone can do) while not utilizing caravan drivers that would command a higher wage and specialized skills; the animal caretakers obviously continue to work 24/7/365 as usual. And any liability concerns have been addressed (mainly not having the baboons tear up vehicles).

Is this a viable long-term solution? I don't know. But there's currently no sense in bringing it back as an included-with-admission attraction when there's financial benefits to be reaped from the drive-thru operation, just as there had been for years previously.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No random regional park in Pennsylvania is going to put a bunch of different size drop towers right next to eachother, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Please don't be ridiculous.

I get why enthusiasts make jokes about rides like these or Cedar Point's Pipe Scream that but since my son started riding things I've been a lot more forgiving on the naming. He sees it's called a coa

I think Dorney should buy it, put it right next to Demon Drop, and open some kind of f*cked up living Intamin Tower museum. That would get me to visit Dorney like once a week. 😆

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, wildcattb5 said:

Not a surprise as this is the most financially viable option. Since bringing it back impromptu last year during the lockdown, they have definitely improved the experience with an audio guide, refreshed signage, and a gift shop/food stand at the exit (versus just porta-johns last year). It'll continue to attract an audience who maybe wouldn't normally pay admission to go into the park, even if they were just interested in the safari. Staffing wise you're only adding gate attendants (which anyone can do) while not utilizing caravan drivers that would command a higher wage and specialized skills; the animal caretakers obviously continue to work 24/7/365 as usual. And any liability concerns have been addressed (mainly not having the baboons tear up vehicles).

Is this a viable long-term solution? I don't know. But there's currently no sense in bringing it back as an included-with-admission attraction when there's financial benefits to be reaped from the drive-thru operation, just as there had been for years previously.

Yeah, it's viable in the long term.  Drive-Through Safari was the name of the game for the first 40 years of its existence.