TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt SFMM will be getting parts for their (supposed) 2010 coaster so early, not to mention all of the Terminator track still lying around. I don't think it is going to Australia. My personal guess it to be for Dorney Park 2010 to replace Laser like maybe a small flyer or Alton's SW6 getting ready to be shipped over seas.
But they already have 2 B&M's there... not saying it wont happen but I see a GCI replacing Lazer if anything in that small of a footprint. Like an Evil Knievel ride...

Have they had any history in just making a prototype before they build? Could this be a prototype for the RoboCoaster?

B&M did say they have a new concept, maybe we'll see it soon?

Yeah, but I heard it is supposed to be more like a rocket coaster/LIMs. It would be really cool if they came up with a whole new concept. I would be kind of surprised if it is a new concept though as a lot of their original ideas have not caught on. The flier is good for now, but I think its more of a gimmick, the last stand up was the Georgia Scorcher before Goliath, and the dive machines are only at Busch parks, and there are only 4 or 5 on earth. I think a B&M rocket would be awesome. I agree with either the invert for Toverland, or the rumored Carrowinds Hyper, because I think the rumored name was thunder struck, so the color scheme would make sense.

I doubt SFMM will be getting parts for their (supposed) 2010 coaster so early, not to mention all of the Terminator track still lying around. I don't think it is going to Australia. My personal guess it to be for Dorney Park 2010 to replace Laser like maybe a small flyer or Alton's SW6 getting ready to be shipped over seas.
But they already have 2 B&M's there... not saying it wont happen but I see a GCI replacing Lazer if anything in that small of a footprint. Like an Evil Knievel ride...

A GCI would be an awesome addition for Dorney. They need a replacement woodie for Hercules big time. Dorney's B&Ms are popular & reliable so I don't see why they wouldn't replace Laser with another B&M. You do have a point though with the GCI since Valley Fair got Renegade & World's Of Fun is getting Prowler. Maybe (hopefully) Dorney is the next Cedar Fair Park to get a GCI.

Th only thing that pops into my head right away would be a coaster for Universal Studios in Singapore. Maybe it will be their version of Hulk?

But by the looks of it then it's most probably a sit-down looper, maybe a flyer. Since it's (as some already have stated) too small for a Dive Machine, and some of the pieces in the background looks like parts of a sit down loop or flying Pretzel.

Based on the shape of the ties it is either Inverted or Flyer track, unless it's a new type...

There is one way we can confirm that it wont be an Invert. A piece in the background curves inwards and as such wouldn't work on an inverted coaster. The track piece actually looks like one used on a loop:

bmloop.JPG.5e35025209cc9b644feba63638d9b587.JPG

Ok, so I have a bunch of completely random, based on no proven fact ideas, so make of it what you will.

My first Idea is that I could see BGE getting a legendary B&M flyer that wraps around trees like BBW and has a bunch of encounters with the Rhine river, if Manta is successful in the eyes of Anhiser Busch, and while BGA probably needs a new coaster more, I don't see any B&M other than a hyper going in there, and we pretty much know his track is too twisted to be a hyper. While BGA definitely could use a flyer in the future, right now Manta would only be a year old and about 3 hours away so it wouldn’t be that great of an investment.

As for my other speculations, I know it's not for a Six Flags park because Shapiro doesn’t like his "Big" coasters anymore, and the economy is probably too screwed up for an independent park or small chain to afford a B&M, so my guess if it's going to an American park it would be a Cedar Fair…Possibly a floorless after the success of Hydra at parks that need a new star coaster, like Vallyfair or Knott’s. Although there’s been a “B&M coming to Carrowinds” rumor for a while, this is probably not it because the only B&M that would make sense at Carrowinds is a Hyper.

OR....maybe in some fanboy's dream a B&M flyer at Cedar Point!!!!

But seriously, then again this doesn’t have to be an American ride, I remember a few years ago when this same plant pulled out Dive machine track that ended up going to Chimelong Paradise. This could easily be any type of twisted B&M going overseas.

There is one way we can confirm that it wont be an Invert. A piece in the background curves inwards and as such wouldn't work on an inverted coaster. The track piece actually looks like one used on a loop:

I know Talon and Patriot have some track maneuvers in their 2nd halves that use similar shaped track. Same with Katun's drop out of the MCBR.

And, of course, the rare airtime hill on an invert:

EDIT: Despite the valid argument I just made, I played around a bit with rotating the track, and I couldn't get the support connectors to line up properly for an invert. Then I read Shane's post on the next page and that kinda verified it for me. So I'm rescinding my argument for an invert. Unless this thing will have crazier support structures than Great Bear, I can't visualize an invert anymore.

p10384.jpg.cb877a051c8f8bb8e4432448ccda209b.jpg

I would definitely not rule out an invert yet.

It's definitely an inverted. I mean, definitely not an inverted. But definitely a flyer, but definitely not a flyer. A hyper, definitely, or definitely not. Definitely a sitdown (definitely not though).

At least we know it's definitely B&M track...or is it?!

Definitely!

^^ It's definitely not an Invert, since the track pieces show that it will have inversion with the train on the inside, which an Invert don't do, and the connector have an angle that is very different to that of an Invert airtime hill.

So the only designs left are Sitdown/Floorless or Flyer.

Hey guys. I'm the one who took these pics. If you'd like proof, let me know.

Just to let you guys know, the B&M plant in Ohio is ONLY for roller coasters in USA. There are other B&M plants around the world.

Personally, I am thinking it's a floorless coaster based on the twists, and layout of the track. There are indeed more yellow track behind the plant, but I didn't wanna take the chance of getting in trouble.

Thanks, Adam.

OMG!!!! I think I know where it's going! A new park is opening in Texas called "Earth Quest". It's going to have a B&M Inverted coaster. The coaster might be a clone of one of the Dueling Dragons.

Here's two links regarding the park:

www.hcnonline.com/articles/2008/10/22/east_montgomery/news/43emcdinosaur.txt

www.kingwood.com/news/news_detail.php?news_id=2236

-Tatum "I hope I'm right!!!"

^^"Hi there, I'm a roller coaster enthusiast who will plaster anything I know on the Internet. I see you have some track out there for a brand new multi-million dollar project that is going to some park that obviously hasn't announced anything yet, can you tell me which park that is? I'm sure they won't mind you telling me."

Yeah, that's going to work just great.

^^^Though I've never asked them, I don't think that they would give any specific detail about it. I'm not to certain if the welders know where the track is going. I think the semi drivers only know. I think their job is to paint and weld.

But next time I go up to the plant, next month, I will ask if I can get any detail.

-Adam.

Universal japan?

just a thought!

Why would you manufacture track in the USA and then ship it off to Asia, when you might as well build the track in Asia itself, saves you a looot of shipping costs.

No, the most logical guess is that this is staying in the USA.

But what park would need a looper? Judging from the radii of those track pieces, I won''t be a small one either.