TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Television, Television, Television

chmilo24

Well I thought since there was a Movies, Movies, Movies Thread and a Music, Music, Music Thread, It would be appropriate to include TV with it's own thread. So basicly talk about anything that was on TV, anything that will be on TV, or just your favorite show.

--Chris

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm usually busy so I don't have time to follow a series. And I'm not a fan of over hyped shows so I will never watch Heroes or Lost...I've tried and it wasn't entertaining. I like shows that I can watch without needing to see the previous episode or season.

I like South Park the most and watch it regularly.

My current favorite TV show is That 70's Show; it is on at least 12 hours of the day, every day, but I still can't get enough of it! That show is HILARIOUS!

And also I must confess, no matter how much I try, I just can't stop watching Desperate Housewives...oh the shame. (And now I hardly have a reason at all, because Eva Longoria's character isn't even that hot anymore...)

I watch NCIS, The Unit, CSI Miami, Storm Chasers, Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, Little People, big world, The Mentalists as much as I can. Right now I have to watch The unit via CBS's video page until Time Warner puts my station back on (no CBS station on my local cable system because they are too cheap to pay for it).

My favortie shows on right now are:

Entourage (last season was ok, but this season is way better... the episode when they went to Joshua Tree and tripped shrooms was one of the best ever)

How I Met Your Mother(very underrated)

Scrubs (sad its the last season)

Simpsons and Family Guy

I am really starting to get into My Name Is Earl. It really should be called My Name Is Randy because Ethan Suplee steals the show.

Lessee...

The Daily Show is the best thing ever, still.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is probably the best sitcom-y on right now. Consistently funny every week.

I like 30 Rock, but it seems like they're going super heavy on the "guest stars" thing, which sort of annoys me.

The Office is still good but I'm growing a little tired of it.

This could be a long list. I've been a total couch potato lately.

Samantha Who, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Dexter, Weeds, Brothers and Sisters, Fringe, Biggest Loser, Dirty Sexy Money, Chuck..

The list goes on. This is why I love my tivo!

I used to be a fan of Heroes but I haven't seen a single episode this season. I don't really seem to care about watching it.

My favorite show is probably The Office, and I like House (I'm getting pretty tired of it though), The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Dexter, Mythbusters, and The Amazing Race.

For those of you who haven't seen it (and consider yourself comedy fans), I definitely recommend you go out and rent/buy all three seasons of Arrested Development. In my opinion the only show that's funnier than it (and not by much) is The Office, and Arrested Development gets bonus points for the originality of its jokes throughout. I'll never understand why it got canceled.

I have a ton of TV to catch up on, but a usual week consists of How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girl, Heroes, Samantha Who, 90210, Pushing Daisies, Survivor, Ugly Betty, 30 Rock, The Soup, Conan O'Brien, Saturday Night Live, The Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, and The Simpsons. My life will be complete again when Lost and 24 return.

And I'm not gonna lie, I have an awful addiction to the trashy reality shows on MTV and VH1.

Lessee...

The Daily Show is the best thing ever, still.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is probably the best sitcom-y on right now. Consistently funny every week.

I like 30 Rock, but it seems like they're going super heavy on the "guest stars" thing, which sort of annoys me.

The Office is still good but I'm growing a little tired of it.

I agree with you on 30 Rock, I think they're focusing too much on the guest stars. However, I disagree with The Office. I think that is the best show on TV. And I like The Colbert Report better than The Daily Show. And I've never seen It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but it look interesting. I don't watch TV too much anymore, pretty much just The Office.

---Brent

Well, as of this very moment in time, it shapes up like this:

- World Series of Poker

- World Poker Tour

- High Stakes Poker

- Um, basically any poker on TV

- No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

- all kinds of sports

- Discovery/History channel stuff

I watch occassional Family Guy, Simpsons, and My Name is Earl episodes, but most other TV bores me.

I've kind of lost interest in Heroes and Pushing Daisies. Hereoes just has too many characters and story lines to keep up with. And Pushing Daisies just hasn't been that interesting this season.

I'm currently loving Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, and Ghost Hunters. Those are about the only ones I watch on a regular basis. Occasionally I'll catch Dancing with the Stars.

I'm not a big fan of the box but when I do watch TV I tend to watch:

Deadlyest Catch

Mock The Week

That Mitchell and Webb look

Later live with Jules Holland

Most Haunted

Takeshis Castle

I don't really watch any series but I used to watch Lost, that was very gripping for about 2 months but then afterwards it got very boring and I didn't really have any idea of what was going on.

I agree with you on 30 Rock, I think they're focusing too much on the guest stars. However, I disagree with The Office. I think that is the best show on TV. And I like The Colbert Report better than The Daily Show. And I've never seen It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but it look interesting. I don't watch TV too much anymore, pretty much just The Office.

That is the same way I feel. Colbert Report is awesome, and I love Steven Colbert. I have his book, his WristStrong wristband, and his new song on Rock Band 2. I was disapointed when he was knocked out of the race for President.

The Office(US) is the greatest show on television by far. I tried watching 30 Rock and It's Always Sunny In Philly, and they just didn't seem that funny to me. IMO the only shows that comes close to how good The Office is is: Two And A Half Men, South Park, and Family Guy. I'm also getting into that new show on TBS, Worst Week.

Here is the complete list of shows that I watch(In No Particular Order):

-South Park

-The Office

-Two and a Half Men

-Family Guy

-The Simpsons

-Futurama

-Worst Week

-Fringe

-Prison Break

-Anything on Discovery/History/Military Channels

-CSI(The Original)

-Without A Trace

-Cold Case

-American Dad

-King of the Hill

-Colbert Report

-Daily Show

-SNL

-Anything on Adult Swim

--Chris

I like Colbert, but I think his schtick gets a little tiring night after night. He's playing a character, a VERY funny character, but I get bored of it 4 nights a week. Jon Stewart (as well as Leno, Letterman, Conan, etc) are essentially being themselves. Also, The Daily show has a range of correspondents, so things seem quite a bit more fresh night in and night out, whereas Colbert is usually just himself for the two first segments.

Daily Show usually has better interviews because Jon can be serious and ask really great questions, whereas Stephen has to still play in character, so even good interviews get reduced down to easy jokes.

--

Anyone who doesn't think "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" is very funny, watch the episode "The Gang Gives Back". The basketball game at the end is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

And Prison Break - what I think is one of the most underrated shows. I have never met anyone else who follows this series regularly excpet for my brother. I understand that it's far fetched, but it's entertainment. And it's damn good and intense. This season is also much better than season 3 and everything from all the previous seasons is tieing together. Plus, Gretchen is my favorite villain ever from a tv show. She is such a biatch!

Matt and I used to watch the show.

Now, 4 or 5 episodes sit unwatched on the Tivo's harddrive. The show just completely lost our interests this season.

I usually lose interest in all shows. I don't watch any sitcoms.

I used to love Six Feet Under. Weeds is awesome (rivals the writing and acting of Six Feet Under), but I don't have Showtime, so I just wait for the DVD.

I watch The Amazing Race. And I am embarrassed to admit that I also enjoy Project Runway and America's Next Top Model and So You Think You Can Dance (the three gayest reality shows - but if the shoe fits...).

I just watched last week's episode of Dexter and it's sooo good this season! I used to think that nothing would ever be better than 24, but boy was I wrong. Dexter combines everything into one for the most entertaining show I have ever seen. I love it!

That's because Dexter is amazing! I whored out my DVD to everyone in the office to make them like it and join my cult.

Also, I somewhat like Trueblood, although I completely forgot to mention that earlier.