TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Great State Race-AND THE WINNER IS....

disneygurlz2s

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I did see the Nemo one!

Like I said, with them pinned and stuck to the board, it was impossible to know which ones were "hers" and which were (the paltry few!) the other kids have gotten. Just kidding. Seriously, I consider it great luck that I happened upon TPR several years ago because I have always just been such a huge theme park buff and to take that interest and have it evolve into belonging to such a cool "community" is really awesome.

Sam will never know any different, because the internet has always been a part of her life, but can you only imagine how much more difficult this project would have been when we were kids??

Sam did make a list of missing states, so here we go:

Kansas, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont and West Virginia and Minnesota.

Everybody have a great week!

I haven't even been able to find a place that sells postcards. Seems Waterloo, Ontario is hardly the tourist destination.

Well, actually I did find some random store in the mall which sold random band postcards. But I didn't think AC/DC or Guns N' Roses would really scream "Canada".

"...can you only imagine how much more difficult this project would have been when we were kids??" (Shari)

I think the Pony Express would have gone out of business!

Seriously, I'm still trying to get one to you. My job just got extra busy, so I'll have to squeeze it in.

Eric

Am going out today to find something with Connecticut on it for you. When I went to FrightFest a little over a week ago, they didn't have a single postcard in the entire park, which was really irritating. You probably have a Conn. card by now, but I will do my best to get you one today! Sorry for the delay

Scott

^^ I did see the Nemo one!

Like I said, with them pinned and stuck to the board, it was impossible to know which ones were "hers" and which were (the paltry few!) the other kids have gotten. Just kidding. Seriously, I consider it great luck that I happened upon TPR several years ago because I have always just been such a huge theme park buff and to take that interest and have it evolve into belonging to such a cool "community" is really awesome.

Sam will never know any different, because the internet has always been a part of her life, but can you only imagine how much more difficult this project would have been when we were kids??

Kansas, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont and West Virginia and Minnesota.

Everybody have a great week!

Still need a south carolina one? Im smack dab in the middle of it! And for some tounge in cheek fun I can try to get a Hard Rock Park one...lol

....New Hampshire,... Vermont

D'oh. I could have gotten both of these had I known about this a week sooner as I was in both for a wedding. Alas, I have no plans on heading back up there anytime soon.

^^^ THANK YOU FOR ASKING!!

Shari (aka Mom) here... The Great State Race is over, and in the competition between Ms. Walker's Homeroom (Sammi's class) and Ms. Burlew's Homeroom, both the National and International winners were (as if there could be any doubt) Ms Walker's Homeroom, which got 45 of the 50 states as well as the larger number of international cards (sorry, I don't have a number, yet)!! Samantha will be enjoying a cotton candy party (perfect for a theme park fan, don't you think?) with her classmates as their prize!

As of today, they had not yet taken the cards down, but we are hopeful that they will do that tomorrow (it's an inservice day) and that we will get all of Sammi's cards at or before her teacher's conference next Wednesday. When we do, we will give you guys a final count of how many she personally received, etc.

And now, a word from our grateful champion.....

Thanks so much. I am so happy I could cry. All we needed was 5 more states and the other class needed 10. You guys are the best.

Sammi