TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I remember this slide and have been on it at Riverside Park back in the early 90's, I am almost 100% sure it was called RipTide. I don't recall being on your knees but remember the hard plastic raft which I beleive you sat on with your knees up holding onto the side handles. I remember if you didn't skim across the bottom you wiped out & got soaked. Somewhere I have old video footage of this slide, if I can ever find it I'll post to this thread Cool ride to bring up, I had forgot about that section of slides!

Thanks Dave. Yep that is it. There were some ridiculous wipe outs at the bottom - especially because you could ride it with all your normal clothes on. I remember seeing people in jeans and sneakers just getting absolutely soaked if they did not skim just right. If you could find the footage that would be awesome!! I have never seen anything else like it and the only memory of it I have is in my head from when I was there as a young kid.

Has anyone seen screamscapes latest update? Finally, we may be seeing a different color track then red and orange! Blue! I like where this is going, and that would really stand out with the white!

I think it would be great to see blue iron horse track! Hopefully it could be the same for Colossus as well, as they are both white-structures coasters.

Has anyone seen screamscapes latest update? Finally, we may be seeing a different color track then red and orange! Blue! I like where this is going, and that would really stand out with the white!

Sounds awesome, though I kinda like the orange/red it's like their signature

I know I'm late to the game, but I finally had the misfortune of riding Goliath with the newer trains today.

I agree with everyone who bitches about how awful those trains are, completely destroyed a very enjoyable ride.

Hi All! Really hoping someone can help me with this as I am driving myself crazy researching and trying to find the answer to my question. I grew up going to Riverside park in the early-mid 90s before it was SFNE. I was young but i distinctly remember a certain ride that I am desperately trying to find more information or a picture of. Riverside used to have a collection of water slides all the way on the left hand side of the park essentially where Blizzard River is now. There were a few enclosed raft slides but the one in particular that I am after was 2 slides on the far right side of this water slide section. They were near vertical slides where you knelt/sat on a small plastic thing. There was a flap at the top of the slide with a happy face on it, it dropped down and when it dropped so did you traveling down the slide and skimming across the water at the bottom. I have searched everywhere but I still cannot find a good picture of it. Someone please help!!! I have attached a park map I found which shows "Wild River Falls" on the far left but it is too blurry to read the names of each slide. I also found this quote : " in 1989 to make way for Wild River Falls, a waterslide complex consisting of three sets of slides: Riptide, Blue Lightning, and Pipeline. A popular attraction, Wild River Falls remained in operation until the opening of the Island Kingdom Waterpark in 1997." I believe the name of the attraction I am after might be "RIPTIDE" but I am not 100% certain. Thank you in advance for the help!

Wild River Falls consisted of Riptide (the slide you speak of), Blue Lightning, and Pipeline.

'Twas my day off today, so I decided to spend a few hours at the park.

Cyclone was running two trains! I hope this means they will be running both trains on its last day. Got three rides on Cyclone, and each one was lots of fun. I really will miss Cyclone, and I will be there on its last day from open to close getting my last rides on it.

Scream was running two towers both in Combo mode! Haven't seen that happen in a long time. Still not the most intense drop ride, but having both shot and drop definitely makes it much more enjoyable.

Bizarro is running well with all three mist tunnels working. Tiny bit of shuffling with the trains, and not running "summer heat" fast, but there's still plenty of airtime and plenty of speed. Also, the crew this afternoon was fantastic!! If nobody had to be removed from the ride, the attendants would get the train loaded, checked, and ready to go before the train on the course got to the second helix.

Goliath broke down on me just before I boarded and remained down for about two hours. I came back later and got my ride on it. I've ridden the new train many times this season, and I'm trying to put together in my head why the new train is so bad. I never got any real head banging, but it seems to just oscillate rapidly throughout the course. The more Gs the train pulls, the faster it rattles, the more it hurts with up to four times your body weight already pressing down on you. Goliath seems to have become an endurance test, and I really hope the park has acknowledged this issue and works to eradicate it.

All in all, today felt like one of the good old days with the exception of Goliath. Ran into some old friends I used to work with, the weather was cooperative, and the lines never got too long; even the water park didn't look too bad.

Hey everyone. Me and some buddies are heading up to SFNE next Wednesday and I'm curious to what's a good plan to tackle the entire park and water park in one day. We should be getting there for opening and hopefully staying until closing. Like would it be a good idea to go to Bizarro first or Sky Screamer since it's new?

^ Wednesdays are *usually* not crowded, and I put *usually* in asterisks because there have been some fluke occasions where the park becomes packed on a weekday for no reason. That being said, I was just at the park last Wednesday on an absolutely gorgeous day, and the lines for everything were no more than 20 minutes, including a a few walk-ons. There's no particular order or technique for riding everything, but if you'd like to start on a roller coaster, head for Goliath first. Otherwise, I like to go to the North-most end of the park, start with NESS, and just make your way South to the waterpark. Batman and Mind Eraser have been walk-ons lately, so if it feels like you're spending too much time at the North, don't sweat it.

I'm afraid I can't help you with tackling the waterpark as I don't go there as often as I used to, but I did glance at the lines for the slides on Wednesday, and they actually looked pretty manageable. I typically see lines going all the way down the staircases, but most began half way or a third of the way up the complex.

And that's about all there is to it really. You really shouldn't have any issues getting everything you want done, and you may even find time for re-rides. After the waterpark closes, lines in the dry park usually swell for 30 minutes to an hour before dying down again. So I hope you have a fun day, and I hope all my advice proves to be correct because I will also be in the park for a few hours on Wednesday

If you're counting credits I'd suggest riding Goliath first as it breaks down all the time. If you're not counting credits I suggest skipping Goliath, Mind Eraser and Flashback as they're all terrible rides.

I do suggest waiting for the front if Bizarro at some point as it's the best seat on the train. Don't miss Tomohawk or Buzzsaw as they're very good flats. Blizzard River is a great rapids ride too.

Besides my tip about riding Goliath first I don't have too many others because you'll have no problem riding everything in a day.

Thanks for the tips guys. I am going to the park with non coaster enthusiast friends so we probably won't be counting credits. I still want to get on Goliath though because I have never been on a Vekoma GIB. If it were up to me, I wouldn't even go to the water park and I would just ride Bizarro all day long. We do plan to ride it in the front and back regardless of how long the wait is. Just one more question. Does SFNE typically fill up at opening or does it take a while for the park to fill up with guests like how GADV does?

Don't let Goliath be your opinion on GIB's. The ride sucks compares to all the other ones, Goliath last year was my second favorite coasters at the park and now I probably won't ride it again because of the new train. The GIB with the original trains with the wing seats are much much better

That's a shame the new trains have ruined one of the park's best rides.

And as for the crowds, I would recommend hitting Goliath and Thunderbolt early since their one train operations can lead to slow lines. Cyclone (if it is running one train) can get an awful wait as well. Pandemonium will have a long line all day, so I recommend the single rider line. Don't let the ride's small stature prevent you from riding it. Also, Scream has a hidden single rider line at the exit that is worth using if lines get bad.

Does SFNE typically fill up at opening or does it take a while for the park to fill up with guests like how GADV does?

I find it to be quite similar to SFGAdv in this regard. You can repeatedly (although have to walk through the queue) ride Bizarro for the first 60-90 minutes you are in the park.

The Skyscreamer line moves slow (it is the new Hotness there) even though the ride ops during my trip last week were hustling their butts off to check restraints quickly.

You are already aware of the issues with Goliath capacity but the Pandamonium line tends to move pretty slow, also.

The Dark Knight queue moves fairly quick as the station has a grouper to assign guests to specific rows.

Don't let Goliath be your opinion on GIB's. The ride sucks compares to all the other ones, Goliath last year was my second favorite coasters at the park and now I probably won't ride it again because of the new train. The GIB with the original trains with the wing seats are much much better

This. I actually thought it was better than Bizarro last year. This year it's the worst coaster in the park after Mind Eraser.

Is there any chance of the park bringing back the old train? I've even heard the gp complaining about the ride and not remembering it being as bad last season. I'm also wondering why they didn't just approach Vekoma about a new train, as they also make a 4 across inverted train (Battlestar Galactica). Surely they could have modified a version for the GIB. At the very least, I really hope they do something to the new train to make the ride better, as it completely ruined one of the best rides in the park.

This. I actually thought it was better than Bizarro last year. This year it's the worst coaster in the park after Mind Eraser.

Wow better than Bizarro? I'm planning to visit here soon mainly because I've been led to believe Bizarro is one of the greatest steel coasters ever made. In your opinion is this not correct?

Yeah Goliath went from being the star attraction and best ride to being one of the worst. The seats are not comfortable and the bogeys rattle around on the track making it very uncomfortable. It looses a ton of speed.

Sfne has a trend of ruining their attractions. The best ride in the park right now is probably Batman which is running very well..

Bizarro is still the star attraction imo,even goliath at its peak was still a GIB not a world class full circuit roller coaster like Bizarro. I know its not what it once was, I'll forever miss it's t-bar restraints, trains and name S:ROS. It is still a better and more complete ride than any other in the park that drop all the airtime and helices are what makes it great imo.

Haven't been here since 2007 and I'm finally going back in about a week and a half. What is the issue with Bizarro? Is it just you guys incessantly complaining about the restraints because they hug more of the midsection or has the ride actually slowed down in the past seven years?