TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Recently the structure of this ride has looked like it's held together with spit and bailing wire. The idea that they're putting new steel track on top of it, that's probably going to be a fast ride with a lot of forces, boggles my mind. I'm picturing the whole thing just collapsing in a heap the first time they try attaching anything new to it.

Well, what ever it is it better be up and running by late May early June when I'm going to SFNE.

How are the winters in New England?

Well, what ever it is it better be up and running by late May early June when I'm going to SFNE.

You must be new at this whole Six Flags thing.

Ha! I know the U.S. isn't known for making deadlines and I've learned the hard way not to visit a park for a special ride. The delay of Zumanjaro made me miss Ka at SFGAdv two months ago. I'll just hope Bizarro is up and running...

RMC! Now, SFNEOnline raised a good point; it is possible that RMC has just been contracted to remove the ride. Still, it's exciting thinking of the rumored ride to come.

Right. Because that's EXACTLY what RMC is known for. Tearing down rides.

I thought you said someone brought up a GOOD point!

RMC! Now, SFNEOnline raised a good point; it is possible that RMC has just been contracted to remove the ride. Still, it's exciting thinking of the rumored ride to come.

Right. Because that's EXACTLY what RMC is known for. Tearing down rides.

Oh trust me, I agree with you. I'm very near certain that the RMC rumors are true; just entertaining any and all possibilities, including reasonable doubt, given the surprises Six Flags can pull. I still remember early summer of 2012 when we were definitely going to get the world's tallest Star Flyer for 2013. Not saying that's going to happen again, but I wouldn't have shared those pictures if I wasn't excited to see what RMC has up their sleeve

At the park now. Bizarro is running well; I'd give it an 8/10 today. Dispatches are doing well. Haven't looked around Cyclone today, but when I asked a Bizarro ride-open about the Cyclone makeover, he said something like "Everyone knows about that." Not sure what that means. Take it with a grain of salt.

The "cut here" marks that I've heard of do make it seem like RMC will be redoing this. By the way, Robb, they could easily tear down coasters, considering that they ARE, after all, a construction company at heart, even if they are not known for it.

You must be new at this whole Six Flags thing.

Hopefully this opens on time and doesn't have a ludicrously late opening date... I might be asking too much of Six Flags...

I just hope it focuses more on airtime than Inversions.

You also must be new at this whole Six Flags thing. Or maybe I'm just thinking of SFMM.

You also must be new at this whole Six Flags thing. Or maybe I'm just thinking of SFMM.

I agree with MagnumFreak25. While it is definitely cool to see companies are able to put inversions on wood coasters, I think they should focus on other things otherwise they will end up being just like some steel coasters only wood. As if there was no difference between having a woodie or a steel ride, just the material it is made of.

I'm okay with an inversion here and there (and I definitely praise RMC for what they have been doing) but here I'm with intamin's president when he said (during IAAPA 2012, I think) that if they wanted inversions, you had their steel rides because to put one on a wooden coaster you will always have to use some more metal and then it's not as "pure".

Now if you ask me: Would you rather have a 7 inversions RMC built near your house or another wood coaster made by a random company (apart from intamin) I probably would go for the RMC but, if it were me, I would focus on other things like airtime, "twistyness", sensation of speed,....

I don't get why this is still a topic of discussion. Look, its a steel hybrid. These are the same signs we saw with the other 3 coasters that got the treatment. If I'm wrong, then I'll give everyone on TPR $20. The point is that its getting Iron Horsed.

Don't say that. What if they did remove the ride and put in a Goliath-style wooden coaster?

I agree with MagnumFreak25. While it is definitely cool to see companies are able to put inversions on wood coasters, I think they should focus on other things otherwise they will end up being just like some steel coasters only wood. As if there was no difference between having a woodie or a steel ride, just the material it is made of.

I'm okay with an inversion here and there (and I definitely praise RMC for what they have been doing) but here I'm with intamin's president when he said (during IAAPA 2012, I think) that if they wanted inversions, you had their steel rides because to put one on a wooden coaster you will always have to use some more metal and then it's not as "pure".

Now if you ask me: Would you rather have a 7 inversions RMC built near your house or another wood coaster made by a random company (apart from intamin) I probably would go for the RMC but, if it were me, I would focus on other things like airtime, "twistyness", sensation of speed,....

I'm totally with you guys.

I do not want any inversions to be honest on Iron Cyclone.

I want a twisty, airtime-filled ride, with a nice speed, steepness, and it's old drop returned.

I just have a feeling Six Flags will try to do the whole Medusa drop and add an inversion after the drop off the lift hill, and add at least 2 more inversions. But I agree, they need to go the NTAG route, rather than the IR route. If they do, it will actually have a legit chance to be the best ride in the park.

I'm totally with you guys.

I do not want any inversions to be honest on Iron Cyclone.

I want a twisty, airtime-filled ride, with a nice speed, steepness, and it's old drop returned.

I just have a feeling Six Flags will try to do the whole Medusa drop and add an inversion after the drop off the lift hill, and add at least 2 more inversions. But I agree, they need to go the NTAG route, rather than the IR route. If they do, it will actually have a legit chance to be the best ride in the park.

I think Six Flags cares more about hype than whether or not something will be the best ride in the park. And "We added teh loopies!!111" resonates with the GP way more than only being able to boast that the new ride is taller, steeper, and faster.

This has nothing to do with the steel/wood dichotomy. Once Cyclone gets remade, assuming it does, it will be a 100% steel roller coaster. 100% steel coaster track, no more wood, bye-bye wood (except for the supports). So who cares how many inversions it has? I haven't heard any complaints about the roll on Rattler and RMC isn't going to give us an airtime-free ride.

^I know the hybrids are a different story as the track is 100% steel. So sorry for not making myself clear but I was talking about wood coasters (like Goliath). I don't really have a problem with hybrids featuring inversions. When GigaG said that Six Flags like inversions I imminently imagined that the next RMC woodie they build will have more than two inversions (and each one will have more than the previous). Could be wrong, though.

I'll chime in on this. They can only really put in as many inversions as the footings/structure already present will allow them too. Looking at the POV, there is about 5 spots that will allow them to put in a inversion. I already see two definite ones. It'll be up to Six Flags after that. RMC originally only designed two inversions into Medusa Steel Coaster, then the park asked for one more. I'll say this, RMC will design airtime into this coaster. They have on every other redo. And finally, they will also design this thing to absolutely fly through the course, just like every other single one of their coasters. At the end of the day, inversions or not, Cyclone will be a much better ride.

To be honest, I really hope that it is more like Medusa Steel Coaster. I like how it has a sensation of speed combined with inversions and airtime. It makes for an all around perfect roller coaster. I dearly hope it doesn't let us down like Goliath at SFGA did.

Having never ridden goliath, I didn't get the feeling it let people down. We always knew it would be short and while most don't consider it as good as outlaw run, I think it generally received good reviews. That being said, I do like the way Medusa appears to ride more. I've never been on a RMC hybrid but I think that one looks the best due to the incredible pacing and elements.

I didn't get the feeling it let people down. We always knew it would be short and while most don't consider it as good as outlaw run, I think it generally received good reviews. That being said, I do like the way Medusa appears to ride more.

Ha! That's because Goliath wasn't a letdown. It wasn't the trendy new thing like outlaw run of course, but it's an excellent ride and is getting a TON of positive feedback.

My good feelings of Medusa Steel Coaster have come from some pretty SPECTACULAR video footage that has surfaced recently. It's really shown off it's fantastic layout. Full confidence here that SFNE gets a gem.