TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

^So it has been confirmed that there once was a rumor that did exist about Leviathan possibly being originally intended to be installed elsewhere besides CW. So we have confirmed that it is a fact that there was once a rumor that did exist.

Glad we could clear this whole thing up

WoF2.jpg.c1f11c21e58ca69f359ce1a9bc477f89.jpgWorlds of Fun Announces Major New Ride for 2014!

Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, MO announces SteelHawk, a new ride that will take guests to breathtaking new heights! Get ready to take flight as SteelHawk soars 301 feet in the air and spreads its steel wings at a 45-degree angle at a speed of 8 rotations a minute swinging riders for a 60-second flight.

Approximately 100ft taller than Rip Cord, Mamba, and Detonator riders will experience a sense of exhilaration which will mimic the feeling of free flight. SteelHawk will feature 32 two-person swings that provide gravity-defying thrills as riders’ feet dangle at heights never experienced before at Worlds of Fun. On a clear day you can see stunning views across Kansas City. Families can experience the thrill of SteelHawk together, and with its unique LED light display mounted on the arms; SteelHawk is an outstanding nighttime ride.

“After combining Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun in 2013, we wanted to come back immediately with a major new ride for our guests. SteelHawk takes riders higher than any other ride currently at Worlds of Fun. SteelHawk will be a spectacular showpiece that will be seen for miles,” says Frank Wilburn, Vice President/General Manager.

SteelHawk will be located in the Americana section of the park across from the Patriot and is themed for the majestic birds-of-prey that hunt the prairies of the Midwest. SteelHawk will make its debut in the spring of 2014 at Worlds of Fun.

More details: https://www.worldsoffun.com/what-s-new/new-for-2014

WoF1.jpg.e091afd87632ede5ccd32ab58d625b36.jpg

Please open your arms and welcome Knott's Windseeker, now with more lipstick!

The reality is the park wanted one a few years ago, but with all the trouble of the other ones that never happened. This should round out the family offerings nicely which means a new high thrill ride could be on it's way in a few years!

I think it will be a good flat for them as long as it doesn't strand people all the time. I think it's odd that in engineer thought it would be a good idea to stop a ride at 300ft rather than build a safety mechanism to stop the spinning and slowly lower the cars to ground.

Not a huge fan of the name. I wonder why they couldn't just reuse the Windseeker name as they have done for every other installation?

Still keeping my fingers crossed that this is NOT the Knott's Windseeker (though, I wouldn't be surprised). The Windseeker footprint is so small at Knott's, the chances of anything else remotely interesting going in there seem small to me. But I guess we'll wait and see!

They probably didn't reuse the Windseeker name because they didn't want the public to search the name of the new ride (if it were Windseeker) and see all of the news articles about what happened at Knott's. I'm not sure why they went with such an awkward name though. Don't they still have the trademark for Stratosoar?

Not a huge fan of the name. I wonder why they couldn't just reuse the Windseeker name as they have done for every other installation?

They're trying to get the GP to think that it's different than the Windseekers, which are plagued with downtime. They assume if they add a different name, people with think it's a totally different ride.

Although, I could be wrong.

I could see the reason why they renamed it is that the GP may associate the name "Windseeker" with "getting stuck 300 feet in the air." Interesting name and I won't be suprised if it ends up being Knotts'. However if it is actually a new model, that would be more intriguing.

It is the one from Knott's.

I could see the reason why they renamed it is that the GP may associate the name "Windseeker" with "getting stuck 300 feet in the air." Interesting name and I won't be suprised if it ends up being Knotts'. However if it is actually a new model, that would be more intriguing.

It is the one from Knott's.

I don't think it's been confirmed, Unless you have a source, in which case please share.