TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

^LOL! Now that would be Epic!

Press Release Officially Announcing Dinosaur's Alive next season at Worlds of Fun

CARNIVORE ON PATH TO SHRED KANSAS CITY LANDMARK

Thursday, November 15th, 2012

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A huge predator has been spotted near Worlds of Fun’s iconic balloon, aiming to make the park’s entrance extinct. This massive creature, identified as a Tyrannosaurus rex, has appeared in the city as part of Dinosaurs Alive!, a multi-sensory interactive dinosaur park coming to Worlds of Fun next spring.

The addition features over 35 life-size dinosaurs in a spectacular outdoor setting and allows visitors to

learn when and where these prehistoric creatures lived, how they protected themselves, and how they adapted to their prehistoric world between 65 and 245 million years ago. Along a winding 1,900-foot-path tucked in a 2-acre forested setting, six main scenes and seven unique themes tell stories based on real fossil evidence. Guests will have the opportunity to stand under and around various dinosaurs, comparing not only the immense size but how they interacted with each other.

The highlight of Dinosaurs Alive! is the world's largest animatronic dinosaur, the Ruyanogosaurus,

standing at nearly 40 feet tall and 72 feet long. Other featured creatures include the Tyrannosaurus rex stalking a Triceratops, iconic Stegosaurus, and the long-necked Brontomerus, a species named in 2011 and unique to Worlds of Fun. "Dinosaurs Alive! brings science and technology together to entertain and also educate our guests", states Frank Wilburn, Vice President and General Manager at Worlds of Fun. "With the lifelike sights, sounds, and movements of these animals, we can't wait for our guests to step back in time and study these prehistoric creatures up close."

The exhibit, located near the Boomerang roller coaster, will have informational signs and select

dinosaurs will have interactive consoles, allowing guests to guide the animal's movements. Guests will also encounter a paleontological dig site with fossils just for kids, and a dinosaur themed gift shop. Special education guides and youth programs will accompany the exhibit, and tickets can be purchased in advance online at worldsoffun.com or at the park. A separate $5.00 admission ticket is required to experience the attraction.

Worlds of Fun is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to Worlds of Fun, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, six water parks, one indoor water

park resort, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.

615328_10151171989383250_329699761_o.thumb.jpg.65db6e84d1a8ae10440e4e30ca55274b.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I could see this being a good test. I think overall $30/$35 is a good price for front of line for this park and I'm glad to see that this year CF has decided to not have a one price fits all across the chain. I understand the theory behind why they went that route but as any system grows, it changes. I'm for this change. I haven't checked other combo parks but would like to see the same at KI and KD, it adds that much more value to the program.

^Lo-q's QBand has been in some water parks for a while now and I haven't heard of any complaints. Being as CF has a very low cap on the number of these that they sell, you probably won't even notice it, especially at WOF where I hardly ever see people use fast lane save for Halloween.

^ I believe those are the Ford trucks from the nearby dealership that get stored there in the off season.

You mean assembly plant, it's just north of there. It's where my truck rolled off the line.

Ah yes, my bad. There is a dealership right by there, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Really hoping to get to WOF this year! I have not been since 2006. I really want to experience Prowler!

If possible, Try to not ride it until nighttime. It'll be 100x better then.

Ill remember that!

• 2 weeks later...

Took my first trip to Worlds of Fun this Saturday & Sunday. Had a wonderful time.

After reading lukewarm reviews on Mamba I was expecting the worst. I was very pleasantly surprised that, on my first ride Saturday night, the mid-course breaks didn't engage at all and it flew through the bunny hills back to the station! To ride it in that condition was a great ride... No, not Magnum XL quality of course, but still a great ride. On Sunday morning, however, the trims engaged so much that I half-wondered if we would make to back to the station. There was no airtime at all on the second half of the ride. Sadly, it seems that most people experience that version of Mamba and write reviews on it. Why can't they get the mid-course breaks right all the time and keep the train moving quickly back to the station?

Patriot was a wonderful B&M invert. I agree completely with other reviews that the zero-G roll is perfection. Also really loved the floater air toward the Ferris wheel. Smooth as day. Does anyone know of any other B&M coasters with a dual colored paint job like Patriot? I was very impressed but it seems like it would be much more difficult to do. The paint job was terrific.

Prowler was the ride I was looking forward to the most. My first ride was last row, in the dark at 9pm on Saturday. Prowler did not disappoint! Kudos to CF for building something new and different that is so exciting. We ended up riding 15 times from pretty much every row and there was always something new to enjoy!

Cyclone Sams was closed both days. I had read from other trip reports that this is not to be missed.... Looking forward to trying it on a future visit.

Summary: Worlds of Fun was a great, albeit small park. With admission now including Oceans of Fun, it's still a great value. If they could get one more serious coaster they would really be doing well, I would think.

• 2 weeks later...