TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I mean I'm not saying they drastically need new slides but there last thrill slides where installed in 2004. 11 years ago. They need something new. I'm waiting to see what they announce for 2016 though! Probabilly not something big but maybe something thrilling or so. On the other hand I did manage to visit the new petting zoo before my shift yesterday and it's fun for the kids. It's educational and fun and even includes a walk in petting area for free!

image.thumb.jpg.89c9e0ff10b8a4950eda6bae1643d685.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.9d19b680db5e709b679d894ec122c97a.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.806e93c32355dbd52db011489b089127.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.cc90c064bbbbd55a3e67b3bd3c7d2932.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.b8725537674b72dcb5e329d7aafd2c0c.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.368c180fb0d7ca46226da76ef5c924e6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d3076db6f32335f9d4ab3567eee7af21.jpg

I'm at the park today. My only other visit to the park was in 2002. Are operations on Diamondback always terrible? When I was in line they were running 3 trains and double stacking every single time I paid attention. It was still really fun in the back when I finally got on, but more bumpy than I expected.

As for the other rides, Banshee is fantastic, Flight of Fear is better than I remembered, Firehawk is surprisingly good (I remember not enjoying this when it was at Geauga Lake). Backlot Stunt Coaster was also better than I thought it would be.

Overall I'm having fun on my day here between multiple days at Holiday World and Cedar Point.

Has anybody noticed Banshee getting much rougher in the evening or cold temperatures? I rode it 6 times today. The first was extremely smooth in the front row, the next 3 were great, the 5th had a bit of a rattle (row 7 far right, I think), and the 6th (row 3, far right) was painful. It could have been fatigue or just bad luck or a bunch of other factors, but I'm curious if others have experienced this same thing since it cooled off quite a bit the last couple hours of the day. Regardless, I had a blast at King's Island today and I might be back for a few more rides on Banshee and Flight of Fear before heading north to Cedar Point!

Weird but great day today at this park. I'll have to write more about my reactions soon, but for now I'll say it was crazy how busy the park was for a cold, overcast random Tuesday in early June. I ended up splurging on a fast pass though and had a great day of it. Operations were pretty great, but it was odd how the B&M coasters were the ones having most of the technical difficulties throughout the day.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but does anyone know if you're allowed to use a Platinum Pass at multiple parks in one day? On one of the days of my coaster trip next week, I'd like to spend to a few hours at Kings Island in the morning, drive up to Sandusky in the afternoon, then spend a few hours at Cedar Point in the evening. Is this possible, or would I have to choose one or the other?

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but does anyone know if you're allowed to use a Platinum Pass at multiple parks in one day? On one of the days of my coaster trip next week, I'd like to spend to a few hours at Kings Island in the morning, drive up to Sandusky in the afternoon, then spend a few hours at Cedar Point in the evening. Is this possible, or would I have to choose one or the other?

I did this exact thing Monday without a problem.

I may be looking into this too much, but is it possible that there was a firmware update by B&M that is causing issues in multiple coasters? I know on some of the other threads we've been discussing other B&M coasters that I've been having a hard time this season so far for instants Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure...

Just wanted to point out that some of the parking lot after the associates parking space is blocked with cones! Maybe they're expecting a delivery? After my ride in the 5th row on banshee last Saturday, banshee still has a rattle but it wasn't that big of a deal.

I have a question. So I'm driving up to michigan in July, and I was wondering which park was more worth my time, because I only have one day.my home park is kings dominion. I feel like the lines would be way too long at cp to get everything done, so I need suggestions on what to do. Should I go to kings island or cedar point for my one amusment park day?

I have a question. So I'm driving up to michigan in July, and I was wondering which park was more worth my time, because I only have one day.my home park is kings dominion. I feel like the lines would be way too long at cp to get everything done, so I need suggestions on what to do. Should I go to kings island or cedar point for my one amusment park day?

On an average day you can probably ride between 5-7 Coasters at CP if you stay for the whole day. I would imagine that Kings Island would be about the same in terms of Queue, possibly more depending on the weather etc... You really cant go wrong either way, both are the two best parks in the Midwest.

^I'm sorry, but that is completely false. Unless you go on a Saturday, you can get everything done at both parks in a day (with some rerides, even). And if you must go on a Saturday, using a little strategy will still allow you to complete the whole parks.

^I'm sorry, but that is completely false. Unless you go on a Saturday, you can get everything done at both parks in a day (with some rerides, even). And if you must go on a Saturday, using a little strategy will still allow you to complete the whole parks.

Agreed. If you get there for early entry (assuming you have access to it) you can probably knock out Maverick and Millennium Force in the first hour and then the only other excessively long line you'll need to worry about is Dragster's unless you go to the front of the park early in the day which is obviously a terrible idea. Even on a Saturday all other coasters will probably have wait times well under an hour and rides like Gemeni, Rougarou, Mine Ride, Magnum, Mean Streak, Blue Streak, Iron Dragon and Corkscrew and Raptor (LATE IN THE DAY) will probably be under 30 minutes (though Magnum and Rougarou can exceed this if you catch them at the wrong time).

Rougarou's line gets much shorter late at night by the way.

If you're going on a weekend, I'd definitely go to Kings Island. Cedar Point is insanely busy on the weekends, and Kings Island is much more manageable. But if it's a week day, head to Cedar Point. Kings Island has some great coasters, yeah, and you'll be able to get on everything... but that includes some clones that Kings Dominion shares. You'll be able to get on everything at Cedar Point on a weekday, and (assuming you've never been there) you won't have been on any of them before!

Also Cedar Point is moreso on the way from Virginia to Michigan. At least, with the route I've taken between the two.

You would be able to hit everything at MIA including the water park easily, and still be able to leave at 5

^I don't know if this is too late but front if you want the view, back for a more intense ride. My personal favorites are row 6 inside seat for a smoother ride and lots of force and the front for the incredible view. It depends on your personal preference but you should try to ride at least twice in the front and back to really experience Banshee. Oh, and make sure you get a night ride if you can.