TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Does anybody know how flight deck/bat compares to other swingers. what about ninja at sfmm or steel dragon at cedar point?

You mean Iron Dragon? Well, its more intense than ID, but shorter. As for Ninja, I don't really remember it that well.

^ & ^^

Interesting... when I was on Ninja a few yrs back it was rather tame and slow compared to FD/The Bat. It was still MUCH better than ID aka Dragging Iron which is a decent ride for kids and usually the first coaster a lot of folks ride at CP.

I'll have to make a trip back to ride Ninja since Big Bad Wolf was great and I'm always up for an intense suspended swinging coaster.

I think Ninja might be the most underrated coaster I've ever ridden (though I've only been on about 200). I think besides Apocalypse, Batman and Tatsu it's the best ride in the park, and while it's not going to make any Top 20 lists it's a great coasters with a very unique layout.

I have to say both Ninja and FD seem a lot better than Iron Dragon which is the only suspended coaster I've been on. It was literally dragging itself rather slowly through the course when I rode it. Having said that, FD looks a bit faster and more intense than Ninja to me, at least from the videos I've seen.

Only been on Vortex at Canada's Wonderland, which is the ride FD's cloned from. It was intense enough, but a lot rough met than I expected, with even more head banging than the SLC they have. I'd imagine FD/the bat would be the same, with all the other suspended coasters still in operation looking quite tame.

Only been on Vortex at Canada's Wonderland, which is the ride FD's cloned from. It was intense enough, but a lot rough met than I expected, with even more head banging than the SLC they have. I'd imagine FD/the bat would be the same, with all the other suspended coasters still in operation looking quite tame.

Nope! The one at KI you can ride all day...not smooth as butter but it was running great this past summer when I was there a few times. If it had more trees and a better terrain, it may get higher ratings from those who have been on the international ones like Eagle's Fortress. I'm curious what order Robb and Elissa have these ranked.

If you think that supermans pretzel loop is intense, you have not experienced tatsus. It is huge and insane. as for banshee, i hope the pretzel loop has some momentum because if it just creeps its way, it will not be so great. Also, i am visiting the park for the first time in late june. Does anyone know what to go to first?

Honestly, out of the two Superman Clones I've been on, I found their pretzel loops to be tighter and more intense. Tatsu's Pretzel loop was larger and more intimidating, but I felt like it didn't pull as many G's. I don't have a dog in this fight, period, as Superman and Tatsu are both boring to me (pretzel loop aside), and they give me nausea.

As for KI, go to Firehawk first, if it's open.

^ I've never liked it either. It showed how lazy Cedar Fair was with the former Paramount parks.

As opposed to Six Flags with Goliath?

Or Batman, Superman, or Green Lantern! All lazy and overused names.

^ Off the top of my head there are only four Coasters in the SF chain that have the name Goliath (SFMM, SFNE, SFOG, SFGrAM), which really isn't that bad, particularly with the difference in years the Coasters received their names. Also, along the same subject, there are only two Green Lantern Roller Coasters.

I've ridden both The Bat/FD and Vortex, and both of my experiences on each coaster were nothing like that (especially when compared to that head-pulverizing SLC). Both rides were fast, intense, and I got zero head-banging on the restraints. I think I'm also one of the few people who prefer them to Ninja, but only barely. Still miss the Big Bad Wolf.

^ Off the top of my head there are only four Coasters in the SF chain that have the name Goliath (SFMM, SFNE, SFOG, SFGrAM), which really isn't that bad

You forgot La Ronde, SFFT, and Walibi Holland back when it was owned by Six Flags.

^ There's a lot of work going on with the Banshee station, but right now a lot of track placing seems to have slowed.

On the topic of suspended. Flight Deck/Bat compared to Canada's Vortex feels much smoother and a bit more intense as there are more trees surrounding it. Big Bad Wolf was my favorite. Ninja is really good out there in Cali and another lost gem, Astroworld's XLR-8 was well paced and fun, and smooth. I only got one ride on it (going forward, as they had the train cars split facing forward and backward in the later years). Iron Dragon is okay and last on my list, but a decent length and a solid ride. It's just bumpy and it feels like it loses speed due to it, but I'm no engineer.