TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

That would be my first guess, considering that Arrow isn't in business anymore.

Well, technically they are, just as a part of S&S, though the suspended coaster is not a product they really produce for anymore. I know from working at a park with an operating Arrow coaster that S&S still has a hand in providing parts for the old Arrow coasters though.

I personally think The Bat (yeah, i'm referring to it by it's new name now) is a very underrated coaster. When I rode it I remember thinking that it was what a coaster of it's type should be. Lots of speed, quick transitions, and a lot of fun. Other suspended coasters are just so boring to me.

I personally think The Bat (yeah, i'm referring to it by it's new name now) is a very underrated coaster. When I rode it I remember thinking that it was what a coaster of it's type should be. Lots of speed, quick transitions, and a lot of fun. Other suspended coasters are just so boring to me.

I rode it for the first time the day after been severely underwhelmed by Iron Dragon. I cannot think of any other type of coaster with such a huge contrast between ride experiences. The Bat/Flight Deck is awesome, especially in the front car!

The trains on Vampire do not track half as well as the Arrow versions, and are a nightmare with capacity due to sticky restraints you have to pull down to release. Plus there's the seatbelts. Better off keeping the current ones - especially as they will have Banshee next door.

Is it possible that Vekoma build a suspending train for The Bat (yes, I'm calling it like that now) similar to Vampire? I think the Vekoma train gives riders a lot of freedom compared to Arrow trains. But that means the old train style would be gone...

Is the freedom worth it on this particular coaster type though? Half the reason why the trains are so closed in and tight is so the ride can get really close to the terrain and surrounding areas without worrying about reaching.

Has anyone else had the thought that doing something like this -giving an old name to a new ride purely for theming purposes and because it'll appeal to fans- is something no six flags park would ever ever do? I know someone will probably give me an example of it happening, but still, this seems to me like a good example of the difference between Six Flags and Cedar Fair. At SFGA it would be Flight Deck until the day it rusted away.

Effects that will last maybe three years before they're taken away because they were put there by a sad, pathetic excuse for a "theme" park that'll do any cheap, temporary thing just to attract a few more guests so they can be bombarded by ads from every direction once they're inside. Oh, and the name they'll pick will be the name of at least one other coaster, have nothing to do with the ride itself, and be inherently inferior to the name it's replacing.

See, the difference is nothing ever gets better at a Six Flags park. At least not permenantly. Only worse.

I think Bat and Ninja are both "nice," but not any more exciting than expected. Iron Dragon is forgettable.

Others have pointed out the drawbacks of the newer-style trains. I also like the bit of old-school charm the original basket cars provide.