TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Well, this is coming from a park that origionally put an on ride photo right before the lift on Son of Beast....

On a slightly different topic, does anybody know when season pass processing will start this year? I'll be in Cincy next week for spring break, and I was hoping to stop by KI some time...

Given the fact that the second drop is nearly 200ft and where the ride will reach its top speed over just over 80mph... I don't think its a strange place to put the on-ride photo at all.

I've heard a lot of people talking that the second drop through to the third hill could be a surprisingly intense/awesome segment of the coaster, given the track structure and the extreme speeds obtained at the base of the second drop.

Well, this is coming from a park that origionally put an on ride photo right before the lift on Son of Beast....

On a slightly different topic, does anybody know when season pass processing will start this year? I'll be in Cincy next week for spring break, and I was hoping to stop by KI some time...

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/events.cfm First part.

^That seems like an odd place to put it.

"Given the fact that the second drop is nearly 200ft and where the ride will reach its top speed over just over 80mph... I don't think its a strange place to put the on-ride photo at all."

Ummm

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/events.cfm First part.

Of course. It starts just when I get back to school....Oh well, that just means wasting a good hour or so on opening day waiting in line to get my picture taken.

^The best place is right before you get in your seat, so they can match up the remains for your family after SoB beats you to death...

-James Dillaman

Amen to that. Whenever I go there I ride Son of Beast just once cause it's just so damn rough! Even with those new trains! Now the Beast I'll ride over and over...... even though they RUINED the ride by put all those magnetic trim brakes in it.... but I digres.

Tom

^That seems like an odd place to put it.

"Given the fact that the second drop is nearly 200ft and where the ride will reach its top speed over just over 80mph... I don't think its a strange place to put the on-ride photo at all."

Ummm

Nitro's Onride photo was also at the bottom of its second drop when it opened till about 2006.

^ It must be to make way for their 2010 coaster! Let the speculation begin!

-James Dillaman

Direct from the blog.... "If you checked out the webcam today, you probably noticed the water in the splashdown pool has been drained. This was done so we can finish the site work around that part of the ride."

• 2 weeks later...

Diamondback has really shaped up nicely, and I am psyched to ride it at some point this spring/summer. Those test runs looked great, and this has the potential to be quite a ride. They're now adding some landscaping touches around the queue area/splashdown, and that will just finish it off perfectly.