TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Well, we broke out the measuring tape last night and Sam is just slightly OVER 54" without shoes so pandelirium insued as we did the "I am now tall enough to ride EVERYTHING at the park" happy dance.

Shari

I suppose you are going on Saturday, I hope to see you there. I need to get all the credits there so I might need some help on that.

I will be sure to put up a ptr hopefully on Sunday or Monday. I am leaving the park about 3pm so I can head to LAwerenceburg for a sprint car race where the track promoter offered up lodging for the night s I don't have to back to the Haute that night.

I'll be down in the park all Saturday, minus a bit of time in the morning to get my pass processed. I'm debating on wearing my actual Diamondback shirt from the announcement, ooooooooor Laser Snake Horse on Fire. Either way, can't wait to get back to KI! Vortex, Crypt, Firehawk, Drop Zone, and now Diamondback.

Crypt was pretty good last year, for me anyways. Hopefully it'll be open, but who knows?

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you x1,000 on that. When I went in August last year all the theming in there had been removed, the preshow was gone. It was just a Huss Topspin inside a building. That ride is ruined for me untill the theming comes back.

^Agreed. The themeing was much better when it was still Tomb Raider. The ride sequence is better now though. I really wish they could have put the new ride sequence in the old themeing

I'll have to take some pictures of the Crypt themeing next time I am at KI. Some of it is pretty silly looking.

I don't think the ride is better at all. Unless a preshow comes back and theming is installed I think most of the general public will walk away from this ride (especially those who rode the original) thinking wtf was that?

Add theming and bring back a preshow.

Btw side note: After discovering this change after going last year I did email the park voicing my displeasure in this and my displeasure for the now OVERLY trimed Beast (they ruined it too imo).

...and my displeasure for the now OVERLY trimed Beast (they ruined it too imo).

Really? I never did ride it with the old skid brakes, but from what I've heard, the skids trimmed it just as much, if not more, than the magnetic trims do now. Have I been lied to?!?

^^It's not. At least not in the Tomb Raider sense. Will they add theming eventually? Possibly. But it's not going to be the same theme as it was when it opened.

At Fall Freakout last year, one of the rides managers said more theming would likely be added once the ride itself is more reliable. Even without the theming this is a great ride. The ride program is amazing which makes this my favorite flat anywhere.

...and my displeasure for the now OVERLY trimed Beast (they ruined it too imo).

Really? I never did ride it with the old skid brakes, but from what I've heard, the skids trimmed it just as much, if not more, than the magnetic trims do now. Have I been lied to?!?

Well, I rode it with the skid brakes.... If there was a full train, it didn't trim very much... especially on a hot, humid, day.... or if it had been raining and the skid brakes were wet... Oh how I miss the old Beast!

-James Dillaman

Really its just the break shed that kills Beast for me. Off I go, rushing through the forest, then all the sudden it just lurches to a crawl in the shed. COMPLETELY kills the flow of the ride.

So yeah, Deathbat/Crypt is better than TR:TR and will be themed eventually, and Beast got killed by trims. In a completely unrelated story, Vortex is still one of the best rides in the park, atleast until LSHoF proves to give better airtime than Vortex's first drop.

Does anyone have any details on exactly what time the ride will begin operating for the public? 10?? 9 for Gold Pass??? or later because of all the bidders/special riders? I am scheduled to work at IKEA at 12 and had hoped that if we got over there at 8 we could be far enough up in the pack to get a ride in by 11 or so, but the last day or two I started to think I was kidding myself....

Meanwhile, I am going to try to find someone to switch shifts with me at IKEA