TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^^Here is a couple pictures of maverick testing. From what I learned earlier, the wood shield in front is the arm movement of guests and is used to ensure rider safety. On the picture of the train in the horseshoe roll, you can see some of the pulleys and wheels used in this process.

MVT121.jpg.83eda063571a95b48fc322cbd58550dd.jpg

Pull through of the horseshoe roll.

MVT119.jpg.0084ad8a1beb81e55e7396818f6688c5.jpg

Pull through of the lift hill.

^haha Well when we (KICentral.com) watch the webcam everyday we begin to get loopy. How can we not name a crane we see everyday in person and on cam.

Would it be at all possible for Diamondback to use those cables and pulleys but with only one car from the train for the pull through? That's the only way I can see it happening without Clifford.

^^Here is a couple pictures of maverick testing. From what I learned earlier, the wood shield in front is the arm movement of guests and is used to ensure rider safety. On the picture of the train in the horseshoe roll, you can see some of the pulleys and wheels used in this process.
That wood Cut Out would represent the Rider Safety Envelope.

This goes way back to construction, but what is the point of the largely offset supports on the lifthill? By this I mean, instead of having the typical upside down "v" supports found on many B&M's, why does Diamondback have vertical supports that lead into two diagonal supports? Is it strictly so that the supports do not lie in the middle of a walkway or is there another reason?

db10300809.JPG.13ef244d137b8cf9c0685cf54cf25da4.JPG

My thoughts on Diamondback so far: It looks fantastic. I wish B&M would make a 300 foot version of their mega model. (making it a giga coaster or whatnot). I also wish it's first drop was into a tunnel like Raging Bull's. But I am still extremely excited for the opening and cannot wait to see some test videos. KI has a much more solid lineup than people give it credit for having. The Beast is the best wooden coaster in existence, and Yes I Have Ridden Voyage. Beast is better. Also to everyone saying it will suck compared to Behemoth. I find no reason to believe that, its actually supposed to have a top speed of 80 mph compared to behemoth's 77.

I enjoy B&M's more than intamin hypers. I'll take 200 footers Raging Bull, Nitro, or Apollo's Chariot over 300 foot millennium force any day. I think that it speaks volumes to their ride designs that their shorter coasters are superior to MF

I enjoy B&M's more than intamin hypers. I'll take 200 footers Raging Bull, Nitro, or Apollo's Chariot over 300 foot millennium force any day. I think that it speaks volumes to their ride designs that their shorter coasters are superior to MF

I think it's safe to say that there's a difference between MF and your average Intamin hyper. If you want a good 'standard' Intamin, look at rides like S:ROS and Expedition GeForce.

I think it's safe to say that there's a difference between MF and your average Intamin hyper. If you want a good 'standard' Intamin, look at rides like S:ROS and Expedition GeForce.

Nitro is still way better than SROS in my opinion....

Looking at these pictures really makes me want to ride a rollercoaster. I totally fell in love with Nitro last summer, and this ride looks like it has the potential to be even better. Its one of those rides that I could just stay on all day without getting bored.

Good point. Despite having been to 11 parks and riding intamins like fahrenheit the only intamin hyper i've been on was MF.

Nitro is still way better than SROS in my opinion....

Looking at these pictures really makes me want to ride a rollercoaster. I totally fell in love with Nitro last summer, and this ride looks like it has the potential to be even better. Its one of those rides that I could just stay on all day without getting bored.

I'm like that with b&ms as well while intamin coasters are way more thrilling than most b&ms I've been on(I haven't been on many yet so I'm really assuming here) I could ride Nitro nonstop for a good long time and not get bored and it also is such a smooth ride that my body can handle several rides on Nitro or Griffon(which I've ridden several times in a row) without a problem.

While El toro is my favorite coaster I don't think I could do several rides in a row like I did with the B&M coasters I've been on. Diamondback looks like it will be just like Nitro if not better and what's even better is this year it is brand new! I rode Griffon last year for the first time and I have never ridden a coaster that smoothand it was only a year old! I'm hoping Diamondback is about the same and from the pictures it looks like it might just be. I so cant wait!

Just a reminder not to get off subject here. There are other threads to discuss Intamins and B&Ms.

Diamondback is looking great. I'm looking forward to watching the test cycles. I'll be heading up to KI on May 2 to check out this new coaster and give my review.

On another note, I wondering why the exit ramp splits. My guess is that the ramp on the right is a re-entry into the queue like on Flight Deck, but maybe not. We'll see.

I don't understand why theres that horrible looking B&M netting on the lifthill on the splashdown side of the lift, yet the coaster crosses the paths multiple times and theres no netting in those areas(thank god) I know it's for safety reasons but man it's ugly imo.

Also where is the third train? It seams to be taking a while for them to get that one on the tracks.

Here is some other news about Kings Island in 2009 Action Theater will not be open and will return for the Haunt.

I don't know if this is a budget cut or not. You think they would have as many shows open that are in doors during the hot summer.

Anyone else going opening day to Kings Island?