TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I just don't think SoB has any redeeming qualities worth saving.

Actually, I think SOB would make a great interrogation tool for the US government with the Gerstlauer trains. We could find out Al-Qaeda's plans for the next 10 years by forcing their operatives that we catch to marathon SOB until they talk. And with those G-trains believe me they'll talk alright.

But the reason the rest of the ride was rough was that the loop required heavy trains to ensure that the trains got around the loop, but with the loop gone, lighter trains can be used, but seeing what these things did to RWB, i wonder, I would vote for PTC or Maybe Millenium Flyers if GCI allowed them to be used on other company's rides...

^ Those trains were planned or ordered or something of the sorts but they couldn't meet their deadlines so they didn't go for those.

They've been doing wonders to our woodies a step at a time up north... so you never know.

I just don't think SoB has any redeeming qualities worth saving.

Actually, I think SOB would make a great interrogation tool for the US government with the Gerstlauer trains. We could find out Al-Qaeda's plans for the next 10 years by forcing their operatives that we catch to marathon SOB until they talk. And with those G-trains believe me they'll talk alright.

^Hahaha

Good to see some progress after a long break. It's like it is not ever there without hearing its deafening chain lift and screams of pain.

Yea. Full Train in the station by this afternoon. A bunch of the park reps who are with us for the Coaster Con said they had no clue when it would be ready. All they knew is that it would open this season.

With this new status though after a long time of just sitting there, it seems that a July opening is possible if everything goes smoothly and they have a 2nd train sometime soon.

I can't wait to get a good look at the G-trains. I wonder if they'll really be any different than what we've seen before.

More blood stains.

Seriously, this whole time line of events could not have been better scripted. Two of the worst coasters in the world both rise from the ashes to form the ultimate pain inducing super machine.

Honestly, what was Paramount thinking when they authorized this purchase?

$25 million dollars for a wooden roller coaster with no great features-minimal airtime, several giant, boring helixes, and a ton of uneventful track. The only slightly redeeming feature was the loop. Essentially, PKI spent $25 million on a loop.

They then removed the loop.

Now what?

Honestly, think of what $25 million buys:

3 Voyages

MF

2 El Toros

TTD

An enormous B&M anything with some cash to spare

I think it is safe to say that this was the worst investment in theme park history. Even if the ride hadn't been rough, there was really no hope, since the track design has no airtime hills (or more accurately, no hills that produce airtime).

$25 million dollars for a wooden roller coaster with no great features-minimal airtime, several giant, boring helixes, and a ton of uneventful track. The only slightly redeeming feature was the loop. Essentially, PKI spent $25 million on a loop.

Now what?

3 Voyages

MF

2 El Toros

TTD

I think it is safe to say that this was the worst investment in theme park history. Even if the ride hadn't been rough, there was really no hope, since the track design has no airtime hills (or more accurately, no hills that produce airtime).

Actually, TTD would eat up the whole budget. But you could probably get the large B&M, 3 Voyages, 2 El ToroS, and maybe a Rampage on the side...

Now what?

3 Voyages

MF

2 El Toros

TTD

Actually, TTD would eat up the whole budget. But you could probably get the large B&M 3 Voyages, 2 El Toro, and maybe a Rampage on the side...

Yeah, he's saying that it could buy any one of those things...3 Voyages being one, 2 El Toros being one, etc. Not all of them combined.