TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Firehawk Opens This Saturday!!

Opens May 26, 2007

Park open 10am - 10pm

First 2500 Riders Per Day Get A FREE T-Shirt!

NOW YOU CAN FLY!...at Kings Island beginning Saturday (Memorial Day Weekend) as the park celebrates its 35th anniversary with the much-anticipated opening of Firehawk, the park’s 14th imaginative roller coaster.

Firehawk, the innovative flying roller coaster, propels riders 115 feet in the air and through five inversions at speeds of more than 50 mph – all while the riders are facing the ground, giving them the inconceivable experience of human flight.

To celebrate the opening of Firehawk, Kings Island is giving away special commemorative Firehawk T-shirts to the first 2,500 riders each day from Saturday May 26th through Tuesday May 29th.

The new Firehawk roller coaster is located in the Coney Mall themed area of the park. After boarding the coaster, riders are lowered backward to begin their ascent up a 115-foot-tall lift hill, only to be flipped over and jetted at top speeds through ½ mile of steel track over the course of 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

A free tshirt to the first 2500 riders per day! At Geauga Lake didn't it have a capacity between 500 - 600 per day total?

Ron "Kings Island operations must be incredible compared to SFWOA/GL" Patton

I feel for anyone riding this weekend.

4 hour waits. Mark my words!

Borg was a 2 hour wait opening weekend with 1 train running. As crowded as KI gets, I can't even imagine how long the lines will be if it breaks down (like all of Flying Dutchmans do).

Maybe they called up Carowinds, because Borg is actually very reliable now and almost always runs both trains (hey, how about that SFA!!)

^When I was at Carowinds last Sunday, the longest wait for for Borg--30 minutes with two-train operations. This was better than I had expected.

OK. I was at the park too! Too funny. I didn't even see you.

But I was only there 10-Noon to get my flyer and Top Gun fixes.

^When I was at Carowinds last Sunday, the longest wait for for Borg--30 minutes with two-train operations. This was better than I had expected.

OK. I was at the park too! Too funny. I didn't even see you.

But I was only there 10-Noon to get my flyer and Top Gun fixes.

Funny--I was there from 1:00 to 4:00 (posted a TR yesterday).

Glad to see they're doing something to downplay the fact that it's a relocated average ride. The free shirt thing should drum up some major publicity, along with the ads EVERYWHERE in cincinnati. I've personally seen TV ads for Firehawk on 4 different networks, and noticed at least 5 different billboards just in my area of town that prominantly display firehawk. Hope Cedar Fair does well with KI, so they can come back in a few years with a NEW ride that'll make KI a destination park, which it currently isn't. It's the kind of park that people hit on their way to other parks, or just for the locals. It has the potential to be a sort of "Cedar Point South", with some updated hotels and some good rides put in. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but I see this as a step in the right direction, especially with Cedar Fair dumping all this capital into hyping up Firehawk.

-James Dillaman

I might be there Tuesday as well, but not sure yet. I know I'll be going down on a weekday next week for some hopefully better wait time conditions.

Saturday will likely consist of photos and 1-2 Firehawk rides. Them lines are going to SUCK.

My friend just called me from Kings Island. He said people ran to FH at 10 and found the ride closed. Around 11:30, they tested, around 12 they tested with employees! With guests still in line! Guest relation claims it will not open until late this afternoon. WAY TO KI KI!

Yeah, Kings Island, way to go. Jesus. it was supposed to open at 10am, but now it won't be open for hours. Seriously, I've heard of fuck ups (Kingda Ka down for most of the summer, Test Track delayed a year), but this one takes the cake. There are actually guests who will have to find something else to do to occupy their time until late afternoon.

They must staff idiots to work there. I'm surprised they haven't resorted to hiring primates.

Yeah, Kings Island, way to go. Jesus. it was supposed to open at 10am, but now it won't be open for hours. Seriously, I've heard of fudge ups (Kingda Ka down for most of the summer, Test Track delayed a year), but this one takes the cake. There are actually guests who will have to find something else to do to occupy their time until late afternoon.

They must staff idiots to work there. I'm surprised they haven't resorted to hiring primates.

Yea man, this is worse than Maverick's situation. Gosh.