TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

At SFSTL my sister, a friend, and I rode Batman six times in a row. We only got off because of the time, but none of us felt queasy at all. Do these forces really make people queasy/not want to reride?

Yes. When I was in my teens I could re ride all day long. Now that I'm almost 30, even though I still consider that young, I can't do that anymore and neither can my wife. In the summer I rode Afterburn 5 times in a row at closing. It was worth it, but I payed for it with motion sickness for the rest of the night.

When people, especially members of the GP, talk about "roughness", they don't always mean the same thing. When people say Batman is rough, they don't mean headbanging or vibration, they mean the sharp, "jerky" transitions combined with the forces. The transitions aren't smooth like we're used to with newer B&Ms, I've never been on a coaster that whips you into inversions like Batman does. It's those sudden changes that jerk you around that people say are "rough"."

Uh?? Intamin Much? I guess not...

I've never had a rough experience on ANY B&M Coaster.

You never rode Iron Wolf did you.

+1 and I'll raise you one Riddler at SFMM.

^^Nice video although I must say I'm a bit disappointed that there will be sand in the track. I know he said we will still hear the roar but I doubt it will be something like great bear and that would add something to the experience, in my opinion.

Especially since the Banshee is known for her scream, the load roar would have for in very well with the theming if the ride.

Exactly. What is it with every park that makes them want silent rides? I know it might be more "family friendly" but when was the last time that a new B&M actually had a decent roar to it? On top of that, I do really think it somehow enhances the ride experience. Take the case of Great Bear, it wasn't immensely forceful or intense but its roar makes it stand out and only adds to the ride, in my opinion.

Interesting video. I'm glad to hear that the restraints will be modified (like Gatekeepers) before the ride opens to avoid that tightness in the chest feeling.

Too bad that they couldn't have some type of themed tunnel right after the zero-g element and transition into the second half of the ride. Having a long Beast-like wooden tunnel around that area would be pretty cool, I think.

When people, especially members of the GP, talk about "roughness", they don't always mean the same thing. When people say Batman is rough, they don't mean headbanging or vibration, they mean the sharp, "jerky" transitions combined with the forces. The transitions aren't smooth like we're used to with newer B&Ms, I've never been on a coaster that whips you into inversions like Batman does. It's those sudden changes that jerk you around that people say are "rough"."

I love it when people use the name of a company as large and with as many diverse products as Intamin like it's synonymous with "intense ride", instead of actually naming a specific coaster, making it impossible to respond to them. Does Shoot the Rapids whip you into inversions like Batman?

I love it when people use the name of a company as large and with as many diverse products as Intamin like it's synonymous with "intense ride", instead of actually naming a specific coaster, making it impossible to respond to them. Does Shoot the Rapids whip you into inversions like Batman?

Um... I didn't know that shoot the Rapids has inversions Not everyone can get a roll back and get whip around in the water on it

No, but Fahrenheit does. The Norwegian loop is graceful but I would definitely consider everything after that to have pretty aggressive transitions.

Does Shoot the Rapids whip you into inversions like Batman?

Well, it did go upside down that one time...

My recolection is that it only went 90 degrees.

Nope. The boat completely "inverted" onto itself.

No, but Fahrenheit does. The Norwegian loop is graceful but I would definitely consider everything after that to have pretty aggressive transitions.

Sorry, but apart from the first drop I have never found anything aggressive about Fahrenheit.

Um... I didn't know that shoot the Rapids has inversions Not everyone can get a roll back and get whip around in the water on it

Did you know Shoot the Rapids originally had a heartline roll in it? It put too much stress on the boats and was removed before the ride opened.

Sorry, but apart from the first drop I have never found anything aggressive about Fahrenheit.

I think storm runner whips you around more than Fahrenheit, specially on that element thingy that goes nearly 90 DEGREES after the flying snake dive.

I don't know if it's the angle of the picture, but if those bottom pieces are going to be the exit of the first half of the batwing element, that looks to have quite a tight turn radius--more so than the first dive loop. I look forward to the completion of the batwing as it seems to be the "climax" of the ride.

Oh gosh, me too. Maverick has very quick transitions.

Also, how about GCI? How are those not sudden changes?

I'll name specific rides upon request.