TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

There was 1 section of green track on the side of the building (matched the color of Flying Over The Rainforest), and quite a few supports in front. The supports seemed to be low to the ground portions of the coaster they belong to.

Very interesting indeed...what color were the supports?

I'm curious, would the workers in fact turn you away if you stopped by just to have a look and not even ask questions? Is something like this that secretive?

They would probably allow it, but after that they would come for him in the night and we would never hear from him again.

It was really funny, because back in 2010 my I was in Ohio for 4 months at my best friends house, and she lived in the trailer park RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the Plant, it was heaven for me. I was like "Ahhhh yisss, look at the shiny new B&M track"

I have a question for everybody. I bought my platinum pass through CP but haven't got there to process it yet. Now I have a chance to go to KI tomorrow so would I be able to get in with my receipt for my pass or would I have to pay to get in. It was last minute so I wasn't able to call guest services before they closed.

There's no way that the track is complete. There is not enough room at the Batavia plant to put an entire coaster of this size.

From my observations, all completed track and supports are placed in the front or side of the building. Then loaded, and shipped.

When Diamondback was in production, they shipped the coaster to the park over the course of several months. This included every support, and each of the 129 sections of track.

^Really? How can you guarantee this? Are you a steel fabricator? Do you have some sort of insider knowledge? Please enlighten us.

HaHa my bad.

I'm just saying.... If this coaster is in fact a 2014 addition, it would stand to reason that the track is being fabricated already.

I shouldn't have used the word "guaranteed" as I do not have insider knowledge but a coaster is not made overnight.......

^Is there confirmation that it's B&M? No sarcasm in that question by the way.

I am 90% certain it is going to be a B&M.

The footers alone match Diamondback and Leviathan.

Also if you look back at page 584, you can see 2 rectangular dug outs. This is where the station might end up being.

Look at this photo:

Along the station track is a rectangular dug out filled with concrete.

My predictions:

A. The grouping of footers closet to the restrooms is where the transfer and maintenance will be. The coaster will come in toward the direction of Invertigo, and turn to the left similar to Diamondback, but will not be a complete 180degree turn. This is where the station will be. You will board the train facing Adventure Express.

B. Unless the transfer and maintenance area are between the station and lift hill as seen on Dragon Challenge, then you will be boarding the train facing Drop Tower and the skycoaster. The train will dispatch and make a right hand turn, pass the transfer and maintenance, where it will finally start climbing the lift hill.

In this photo, you can see the Dragon Challenge transfer and maintenance:

Edited by B&MBoy1982

^Really? How can you guarantee this? Are you a steel fabricator? Do you have some sort of insider knowledge? Please enlighten us.

HaHa my bad.

I'm just saying.... If this coaster is in fact a 2014 addition, it would stand to reason that the track is being fabricated already.

I shouldn't have used the word "guaranteed" as I do not have insider knowledge but a coaster is not made overnight.......

^Is there confirmation that it's B&M? No sarcasm in that question by the way.

It doesn't take that long to fab track (meaning years), its more along the lines of a few months depending on a lot of factors.

And Yes guy, I am in Steel Fabrication lol.

Other than the fact that they are fairly expensive I've always wondered why more parks haven't built B&M dive machines? Maybe Busch Gardens still owns the rights to the concept in North America or something, but if not I'd love to see this be a Dive machine with an extended layout, could be a great addition.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a taller, longer, extended version of a mini dive machine like Krake, I think that concept still has a lot of potential. Cedar Point spent 25-30 million on Gatekeeper, and Canadas Wonderland spent like 28 million on Leviathan so maybe an extended Dive Machine for Kings Island in feasible.

I have an employee who used to work for Cedar Fair's marketing department. He still has friends there. He said that he has heard that it is going to be a giga coaster going in.

I have an employee who used to work for Cedar Fair's marketing department. He still has friends there. He said that he has heard that it is going to be a giga coaster going in.

Now if its a B&M Giga LAME

But if its a INTAMIN Giga YAY!!!!

^Sorry forgot to mention that. Intamin = Good, B&M = Not so good.

The footer pattern constructed thus far looks to be B&M but an I:305 clone would be preferable.

Edited by DJeXeL