TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

You can watch Coaster Studios video to see why. Now BEFORE you say anything about how he's a shill or some loser, keep in mind he's been right about nearly everything rumored.

No he hasn't

He was right about CP's dive coaster, Dollywood's woodie, Carowinds' giga, etc. long before any major rumors. And quite honestly he has more credibility than you or I do.

I highly doubt Kings Island is getting a giga in 2017. With the space they're supposedly using, it would be a non-existent fit. I can maybe see a compact woodie but IMO giga is not going to happen this year. I say 2019.

You can watch Coaster Studios video to see why. Now BEFORE you say anything about how he's a shill or some loser, keep in mind he's been right about nearly everything rumored.

Yes, like remember when he was saying a couple of months ago that he was 100% CERTAIN that Cedar Point was to change Valravn's name before it was announced? Very reliable source...

Actually no he wasn't. He said he didn't think but then changed his opinion a week later.

No he hasn't

He was right about CP's dive coaster, Dollywood's woodie, Carowinds' giga, etc. long before any major rumors. And quite honestly he has more credibility than you or I do.

In his video 'predicting' Valravn, he mentions the leaked memo to Cedar Point, implying he made that prediction after the memo was leaked. In the video 'predicting' Lightning Rod, he admits his 'prediction' is based off of circulating rumors. Go on...

Here's a view over the construction area from the Eiffel Tower, taken by a friend today and posted here with permission.

ki_2016_1a.thumb.png.eaeb6432fc040e388980e97f5a7863c4.png

Photo credit: Alec B (posted with permission)

ki_2016_1b.thumb.png.f36b81a5fd1a9f7276c48a4f62c5cbca.png

Photo credit: Alec B (posted with permission)

The big cleared area just behind/left of the flume is the location of the old funnel cake building that was demolished, as well as the old entrance to White Water Canyon. That's the area behind the fence with the "falling trees" signs. There are also some markings and trees down further back in the woods, visible from the train.

No he hasn't

LOL, I'm sorry, I just spit water all over my computer screen. Yes he made those claims, but only after they were heavily rumored and/or discussed on every major coaster forum on the internet. His predictions that don't follow already established rumors are almost always wrong. Sorry to kill your fanboy love for Coaster Studios and his "quality" content, but the guy piggybacks off of rumors that everyone already knows about, and then feeds it to his 10 year old fans who haven't stumbled upon a decent source of information other than him.

No he hasn't

LOL, I'm sorry, I just spit water all over my computer screen. Yes he made those claims, but only after they were heavily rumored and/or discussed on every major coaster forum on the internet. His predictions that don't follow already established rumors are almost always wrong. Sorry to kill your fanboy love for Coaster Studios and his "quality" content, but the guy piggybacks off of rumors that everyone already knows about, and then feeds it to his 10 year old fans who haven't stumbled upon a decent source of information other than him.

Seconed. If you want real inside info, just go talk to the park specific theme park nerds.

No he hasn't

He thought that trick or treat at Dorney was going to be some kind of new ride...

This was after the "cat was out of the bag"

Coaster Studios just mentions the exact same thing you can read here or on screamscape. If anyone wanter to do a youtube channel you could.

Here's how:

Step 1: Start a youtube channel

Step 2: Read Themeparkreview everyday.

Step 3: Talk about the things you heard on Themeparkreview or make stupid claims such as, Cedar Point will have to change Valrayn's name because it's offensive.

I know that you adults hate Taylor and his videos, but please stop. I agree with your points too, but this isn't the "Roast Coaster Studios (RCS) Discussion Thread"... plus you know he's probably read all this by now Also remember my age has nothing to do with this, so it's not worth attacking me...

Come on though, we have better things to talk about!

Anyone up for this concept? It was well thought out, so make sure to read the description. And not to mention an awesome coaster idea, which Kings Island has actually acknowledged publicly, meaning it is in play for possibilities...

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I dislike his videos as much as the next guy but I mean come on people... hating on him on TPR is a little overboard and just like PixelRush said this isn't the RCS thread. Let the kid share his enthusiasm for roller coasters and amusement parks the way he wants, even if it isn't the most reliable or educated, while we share our enthusiasm here on TPR in our own weird ways.

I don't want to see the long flume go away as that is the biggest thing I am able to take my 2 1/2 year old on at the moment. He had his first ride yesterday. He looks pretty serious in the picture but he was giggling the whole time.

13051722_10209425910710933_2857458907483340052_n.thumb.jpg.9f7ba931699078932d7680242d2778b1.jpg

I can't wait to take him on it again.

I know that you adults hate Taylor and his videos, but please stop. I agree with your points too, but this isn't the "Roast Coaster Studios (RCS) Discussion Thread"... plus you know he's probably read all this by now Also remember my age has nothing to do with this, so it's not worth attacking me...

Come on though, we have better things to talk about!

Anyone up for this concept? It was well thought out, so make sure to read the description. And not to mention an awesome coaster idea, which Kings Island has actually acknowledged publicly, meaning it is in play for possibilities...

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

how much imagination

I don't want to see the long flume go away as that is the biggest thing I am able to take my 2 1/2 year old on at the moment. He had his first ride yesterday. He looks pretty serious in the picture but he was giggling the whole time.

Congrats! It's always fun to start kids off on small rides like this. Anyways....................Anyone notice "Chili vision" from skyline in the tower window?

But as stated before, ALOT of trees have been marked and or destroyed around the WWC entrance that use to be, and some are cut around the flume back in the back. Still thinking about a nice new flat ride.

Also these where on the park's snapchat....................could this be hinting at something?

13062023_1597811657160491_8730626699876534932_n.jpg.7751e059af78ba8f2590821b4a916f0b.jpg

13077030_1597811633827160_6315085641125284153_n.jpg.914b314cc172122bae8248b9e85413f8.jpg

I'd love to see the ride refreshed, expecially with a unique theme and not just random characters added around the station. It's one of my least favorite flumes because the log barely floats. Your log is usually riding on the trough the whole ride. It's pretty rough, actually. As much as I love flumes, I'd rather see something new there. I don't think it will be replaced with different flats, though. I'm guessing it'll be upgraded.

The park doesn't need any more smaller coasters or medium sized coasters. The line up is already diverse and you've got a little bit of everything for everyone.

I went to Kings Island on Saturday and took several trips on the train. I am pretty convinced that the park is getting a Coaster. Which will likely be a Giga from B&M. There are survey markers which appear to follow straight paths which lead to the clearing in Rivertown. But I think people who are linking the clearing of brush near the fort and the clearing in Rivertown are wrong. First there are no survey markers in that direction at all. Second it really does not make much sense for the path of a coaster. Why follow the path of the train? Why build over everything in that direction when it is safer to build into the woods?

I have heard reports of survey markers near the turn around on Diamondback as well. Which again makes sense to me for a path of the coaster. I took a screenshot from Google Maps and drew my best guess at the path for the coaster. Blue line is the lift hill and is where I know there are survey markers with the brown line my guess at where the rest of the ride will be going. There is a pretty good drop off after the train track next to the train shed. It would be possible to get an extra 30-50 feet on the drop if I am correct on the location of the lift hill. The loop around the water is to get back to the station and so that the brake run is not above a ride or the water.

I also put a cut out of Fury 325 at the same scale on the side. Gives you are good idea of size and length.

Maybe we're not getting a giga. Maybe it's a GCI? I'm still saying if we get a giga it will be where Dino's are. I like how the park hasn't removed some haunt stuff from tombstone yet as I saw it yesterday when walking into the train station for work. But back on the 2017 speculation, what if the new entrance to WWC is just a temporary thing and maybe they're removing it to make way for a new ride.................that's just a thought and it might not happen. Either way whatever we get I'm sure it'll bring life and attention back to rivertown!

image.thumb.png.9c049ff107a2d64744a8bb45afa28e7f.png

Here's a screenshot from the fan page on Instagram (KingsIslandOhio). Markers are apparently out by Diamondbacks third airtime hill