TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^Land. Theres a standard for logging, but im not sure if that would apply here. Someone more knowledgable than me would have to confirm.

Although I do know that ribbons on trees are used to make boundaries/corridors. What did you see of those?

^Land. Theres a standard for logging, but im not sure if that would apply here. Someone more knowledgable than me would have to confirm.

Although I do know that ribbons on trees are used to make boundaries/corridors. What did you see of those?

Very little markings on trees. I saw several Large trees which were marked with Green spray paint which another guest told me is done so that those trees can be removed to be sold for lumber before bringing in the heavy equipment.

The only pink ribbon on trees appeared to be on a branch above a stake in the ground which also had a pink ribbon on it. Basically just so you could see markers from farther away.

Ok. I read blue is used for marking for lumber. However, any color can honestly be used. These color standards are only recommendations; in part or in full.

I was just assuming that KI followed the standards.

The Green could mark the larger trees which the company did not want to take. There were already some trees which had been removed and it is possible all of the ones which had blue markings are already gone.

I don't want to see the long flume go away as that is the biggest thing I am able to take my 2 1/2 year old on at the moment. He had his first ride yesterday. He looks pretty serious in the picture but he was giggling the whole time.

Congrats! It's always fun to start kids off on small rides like this. Anyways....................Anyone notice "Chili vision" from skyline in the tower window?

But as stated before, ALOT of trees have been marked and or destroyed around the WWC entrance that use to be, and some are cut around the flume back in the back. Still thinking about a nice new flat ride.

Also these where on the park's snapchat....................could this be hinting at something?

maybe... just MAYBE the snap that says "gang says farewell" is for the flume thats passing them and the cya one is just because they are going down the drop....

not everything has to be a hint for something....

I'm starting to believe that both KI and WoF are getting dark rides considering they are both starting construction at the same time. I mean, possibly it could be a coincidence, but I just find it weird that they both are teasing and starting construction within the same week.

I'm starting to believe that both KI and WoF are getting dark rides considering they are both starting construction at the same time. I mean, possibly it could be a coincidence, but I just find it weird that they both are teasing and starting construction within the same week.

If KI was to get a dark ride, wouldnt they maybe/probably use the Tomb Raider building?

No by Cedar Fair's logic they will give Kings Island a record breaking gigacoaster and then give nothing to the other parks.

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

The top picture is from 2013, when banshee was just starting construction...

the photo on the bottom is from the 16th...

same tweet... with the same caption.....

Maybe they are planning something big.......

image_1031.thumb.jpg.10f845778350e147f64c63713da21516.jpg

jjgjgjg.thumb.png.ccacbd1001aa5271da0e4f6239aaea2f.png

If KI was to get a dark ride, wouldnt they maybe/probably use the Tomb Raider building?

I don't know. There could be a reason why they aren't. It has always been just a rumor and nothing more.

Wow good find Dorneykid! Do you or anyone else know if the tower was closed then too when that pic was taken in 2013? Could be it was just a coincidence it was closed on opening day, when the newer tweet was sent. This is leaning more to something big I think.

Wow good find Dorneykid! Do you or anyone else know if the tower was closed then too when that pic was taken in 2013? Could be it was just a coincidence it was closed on opening day, when the newer tweet was sent. This is leaning more to something big I think.

thanks. I was going through old post back from banshee first construction update and i saw that first photo and remembered seeing it on twitter the other day. Im now on board with them maybe getting something big.

No by Cedar Fair's logic they will give Kings Island a record breaking gigacoaster and then give nothing to the other parks.

Please do not start this, Cedar Fair doesn't just pull coasters out of a magic hat and give them to its favorite parks. If a park brings in more revenue it will have more money to make an investment. When Dick Kinzel was CEO he had it to where the larger revenue in-taking parks got a major attraction every two years and the smaller parks got one every four years (there is a reason for that). These parks are all owned by Cedar Fair, why would they want to be unfair and deprive parks of attractions? If you think Cedar Fair is being unfair than go to Worlds of Fun or Valley Fair or whatever and buy tickets and merchandise and bring in more revenue.

This is from last year and taken directly from the Cedar Fair website.

Find your parks slice of the pie and compare it to the rest. That should give you a pretty good idea as to why certain parks get big attractions more frequently.

Cedar Fair is planning on spending around $150 million in capital investment this year which was announced a few months ago. Assuming this is a giga from B&M, King's Island is looking at getting $30 - $40 million of that while the rest of the chain will still get over $100 million in new investments. There is still a lot of money being invested in other parks.

Definitely feel like Carowinds should/will be bigger than that. And I didn't know Knotts "slice of the pie" was so big.

So from the looks of it, it goes

1) Cedar Point

2) Knotts

3) Kings Island

4) Canada Wonderland

5) Carowinds

6) Kings Dominion

7) Dorney

Which is completely understandable. I believe in the next few years Dorney will be getting a water park expansion.