TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

The back half of Six Flags America is a giant empty barren wasteland. It looks like Forest Frontiers when you click out of the tutorial before Chris Sawyer has the chance to build anything.

They could probably build a Beast clone back there tomorrow and not have to clear any land or remove a single tree. Are you guys seriously wondering if Six Flags America has expansion space? The park is literally a giant expansion pad and has been for decades.

Why are we even talking about this? This is SFA afterall. You guys won’t get a new coaster, yet alone an expansion. Even if you got something, the current park past Wild One is still practically a giant field.

It's very possible we get a new coaster. We don't NEED a new coaster though, we need a family friendly dark ride! We haven't had one since the closure of Skull Mountain.

Love the color scheme. It reminds me of Tatsu, except for the black supports.

Also, completely nerdy and useless fact, but this is the first floorless conversion that actually decreased the capacity (not that this matters at SFA, but interesting nonetheless). Mantis/Rougarou maintained 8 cars per train, likewise Vortex/Patriot maintained 7. This one went from 7 on the stand-up to 6 on the floorless.

Apocalypse almost never got significant lines though, so dispatch time wasn’t really an issue on most days. Not sure how bad lines will be when Firebird opens.

^ I have little doubt there. When SFNE ran one train on Superman, they needed boarding passes. Meanwhile at SFA, they had one train on Superman and it was a walk-on.

Looking back, I don't think I've ever had to wait for anything at SFA outside of the spinning coaster.

The only reason I'm at all concerned is because it's a new ride. When Wonder Woman opened, it frequently got 45min waits for the first few months of operations when I saw it (and still sometimes gets significant lines). Idk how much of that is the newness factor vs. the type of ride it is though. I'm not expecting anything insane for Firebird, but it will probably get longer lines than Apocalypse.

^ I have little doubt there. When SFNE ran one train on Superman, they needed boarding passes. Meanwhile at SFA, they had one train on Superman and it was a walk-on.

Looking back, I don't think I've ever had to wait for anything at SFA outside of the spinning coaster.

I can vouch for that, Ragun Cajun does get decent lines

We rolled the dice and went in for the Pass Holder preview last night despite the rain around 5:15. Several rerides on WO in the front seat as there were two cars running. Had to be seated opposite of another couple on WW as there were only four of us on the ride. Walked on front row on Superman. That was the only ride that had enough people in the que that required a walk around to reride. We saw that Batman was actually running so we headed down there for a ride. Johnny Rockets, RC, fliers and a walk past FB and into CC and out by 7.

- Ride Ops were slow and confused

- FB has the nice sign but no other theming and needs more paint for sure

- The long anticipated restroom by Superman is currently just a cement pad

- Macho Nacho up and running

- Two freestyle machines in Tex's Turkey Legs and Dogs (They were giving out free popcorn to guests with memberships)

- Penguin was running?

- The deep fried food booth is now chicken cheese steaks and fries

- No more churros at the booth on main street

- They have repainted most of the yellow on curbs, steps... paint on the the red and blue on WO

- On ride photo available on the kiddie coaster

- JJ was closed and testing

- Rope lights added to the WO lift hill