TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I hope the padding on those lap bars was shipped separately, because as they are, OUCH.

Huh? When have you tried these restraints? They actually look more comfortable than the other Intamin restraints.

These trains look beeeeeeeautiful is it just me or do they look a little B&M...ish?

Spectacular! I understand that the angle is strange, but the inner seats are noticeably higher than the outer ones, no?

Well thanks to Park Connoisseur over at Facebook we have the first pic of SkyRush's gorgeous trains

I hope the padding on those lap bars was shipped separately, because as they are, OUCH.

I don't understand your concern. There's already padding clearly there on the lap bars now. No metal section will be pressing against bodies on the entire ride.

This coaster is looking better and better all the time! I just can't get over it. The trains look good, too.

This could probably be as simple as a sign saying "Hey guys, the seats are different, you might wanna think about this before you sit down."

That reminds me: am I the only person who really likes the signage at Hersheypark? It seems more clear, informative and straightforward than at many other parks.

^^They definitely are. And they look high enough that your feet may not touch the floor in the middle seats, similar to the B&M megacoaster trains. It will make for two interesting experiences between the middle and outside seats.

Oh, and those trains look absolutely awesome. I always love the reveal of new train designs.

Spectacular! I understand that the angle is strange, but the inner seats are noticeably higher than the outer ones, no?

Yes, the outside seats are lower than the inside ones. Most likely (at least, in my head), lowering the body helps to compensate for the move away from the center heartline - hence why the B&M wingrider seats are so low, almost at track-level, as opposed to at normal car level, i.e. Furius Baco and the 4D coasters.

I think Intamin may have a great train design on their hands. I wonder if it could be possible for parks with other Intamin mega, mega-lite, or giga coasters to possibly kind of exchange their existing trains for a train model similar to this?

By the way, is it me or do the lapbars look like there's a bar coming down on each side of the seat?

I'm going to call it now: I think this will definitely debut in the top three in the Mitch Hawker poll. Lap bars only and no seatbelts (by the looks of things), low sweeping turns, nice pacing and hopefully amazing air time will make this one of the best coasters in a decade.

I think there are seat-belts. If not I'm trying to figure out what those black straps are. (particulary on the 3rd seat from the left)

I don't understand your concern. There's already padding clearly there on the lap bars now. No metal section will be pressing against bodies on the entire ride.

Ahh, I see it now. I never expected the 1" metal bars to be the actual restraints (it wasn't a complaint), I just didn't see where the padding is.

Edited by ahecht

I'm going to call it now: I think this will definitely debut in the top three in the Mitch Hawker poll. Lap bars only and no seatbelts (by the looks of things), low sweeping turns, nice pacing and hopefully amazing air time will make this one of the best coasters in a decade.

I think there are seat-belts. If not I'm trying to figure out what those black straps are. (particulary on the 3rd seat from the left)

Those aren't seat belts, per say. They are straps that connect to the lap bar itself. Similar to over the shoulder lap bars. There doesn't appear to be an seat belt for riders from what we see however.

Those aren't seat belts, per say. They are straps that connect to the lap bar itself. Similar to over the shoulder lap bars. There doesn't appear to be an seat belt that would go over riders laps

Don't know if this would need it's on topic or has been discussed in it's own topic but I have a quick question...

Does Hershey Park own the Skyrush layout, meaning if I had my own park that has nothing to do with Hershey could I request from Intamin to build me a clone of Skyrush? Can Intamin sell exact clones of Skyrush without Hershey's approval or do they even have to get approval from Hershey if they wanted to sell an exact clone?

Don't know if this would need it's on topic or has been discussed in it's own topic but I have a quick question...

Does Hershey Park own the Skyrush layout, meaning if I had my own park that has nothing to do with Hershey could I request from Intamin to build me a clone of Skyrush? Can Intamin sell exact clones of Skyrush without Hershey's approval or do they even have to get approval from Hershey if they wanted to sell an exact clone?

I wouldn't see why not. Hershey may (I repeat may) have a special contract with the new trains, but honestly I think if another park wanted a clone they could get it. But if you were sinking in that much money, you'd probably want to get a custom layout (at least I would).

I was sold on trying to get to Hershey this summer by watching the construction, now I HAVE to be in one of those outer seats.

I think Intamin may have a great train design on their hands. I wonder if it could be possible for parks with other Intamin mega, mega-lite, or giga coasters to possibly kind of exchange their existing trains for a train model similar to this?

I love that idea but isn't the SkyRush track a lot wider than the standard intamin track? In order for the idea to happen another version of the trains would have to be designed.