TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

inb4 this is the worlds first, 200 FOOT LARSON RING OF FIRE, MAKO: CHAOS COASTER! Woo!!!

Also, smart of SeaWorld to upload a 13 minute video regarding the care of their animals before all the media attention of their new coaster.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I spent the last few minutes upvoting their other videos, which had more downvotes than upvotes, sadly. People don't want to know the truth, apparently.

inb4 this is the worlds first, 200 FOOT LARSON RING OF FIRE, MAKO: CHAOS COASTER! Woo!!!

Also, smart of SeaWorld to upload a 13 minute video regarding the care of their animals before all the media attention of their new coaster.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

LOL

I'm kinda excited for this announcement, even though I don't plan do be in Orlando any time soon. I'm still hoping for a Mack or Intamin hyper, but know it will turn out to be yet another B&M. Hopefully it will be more along the lines of Fury, with a more twisted layout with low to the ground elements.

And if it ended up being a B&M hyper like Goliath at La Ronde I'd frequent it often.

B&M's are kind of funny in a way, I can't think of another manufactuer where so many "enthusiasts" have such mixed feelings towards their rides. I've read great reviews of Fury, and average reviews of Fury. I thought Goliath at laronde was just kind of okay where others thought it was one of the best out there. Not even gonna bring up Oziris cause I've never ridden it but reviews were fairly mixed on that as well. Personally when it comes to B&M hypers my favorites are Goliath at SFOG and I really like Apollos Chariot which is another ride that doesn't seem to get much love.

If this is a B&M hyper I'm sure it will be a reliable capacity monster that will be a huge hit with the park and taking what SeaWorld has done with their recent additions I'm sure it will have an incredible enviroment built into and around it. Should be an exciting addition even if it's a mediocre ride by enthusiast standards.

Edited by Hilltopper39

Hasn't that track color been spotted at the plant in ohio???

A member spotted bluish/purplish track on a truck near Knoxville. He thought it might have been for Dollywood but he noted the truck was going in the opposite direction. Looks like it was actually for Mako after all!

I'm excited to see what they do with the new "realm", the shark encounter exhibit as is is a really nice attraction but breathing some life into it wouldn't hurt. Should be interesting to see if the attraction comes with any new animal exhibits.

Unlike a lot of enthusiasts, I'm a big fan of B&M hypers, and this one looks similar to my favorite (Goliath @SFOG). It's just odd, it seems like this same exact coaster could've been built a decade ago and it would've been no different! That's alright, I Welcome Mako into the land of blue B&Ms.