Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I emailed Ole about multiple CPU compatibility and this is what he wrote back:

"Hello,

yes, NL2 will make use of multicore CPUs. E.g. the dynamic clouds make

use of any core that is available. It runs up to 20% faster in average

on my dual core CPU compared to single core mode. I haven't testet more

cores, but I do not expect any large benefits from more than 2 cores

because the program is limited by the GPU in general.

Regards,

Ole"

Track looks great. I just hope supports look as nice, they are the one thing I never liked in nl1, right now if you want realistic supports you have to spend more time on them than on the actual coaster.

I'm sure Ole won't disappoint

• 2 weeks later...

Roller coaster Crysis, anyone? It's probably gonna take one of these to run it:

(Ole, if you lower the detail for computers that happen to be prefabricated computers made by HP and Dell from 2004 I'm going to be VERY angry at you)

Wow. The bolts cast shadows! This level of detail is almost too much.

It is too much IMO and completely unneeded, like you'll see the bolts and their shadows when you race down your coaster at 60Mp/h. It won't even be noticeable at the speed of a decent coaster if you ask me.

My biggest concern is more different types of coasters like the 4D, B&M flyer, Glider coaster, Arrow suspended and stuff like that

I think it would be cool if they actually had retracting floors for the floorless coasters.

So far we havn't seen any station shots so how can we tell?

You can't "tell," I'm just saying it would be neat if they did, relax. Sheeesh.

Wow. The bolts cast shadows! This level of detail is almost too much.

It is too much IMO and completely unneeded, like you'll see the bolts and their shadows when you race down your coaster at 60Mp/h. It won't even be noticeable at the speed of a decent coaster if you ask me.

My biggest concern is more different types of coasters like the 4D, B&M flyer, Glider coaster, Arrow suspended and stuff like that

Just because you don't see small details like that while on the train doesn't mean they aren't appreciated. I'm actually very impressed that the bolts cast shadows, and I quite like the attention to detail Ole has.

• 5 months later...

Holy crap!!!

I am proud to show new screenshots from NoLimits2. The underground tunnels are done and working nicely. One will be able to create tunnels through terrain and even below water. It is even possible to create tunnels right through the water. Also the Dive-Machine is done. The Dive-Machine will be one of the new coaster-styles that will be introduced in NL2. We recreated the ten-seats across floorless version. Tom and Kevin did a great job in recreating the trains, while I was working in parallel on the engine to support the new train features. First of all the train bogeys will now work like the real thing. I implemented a true A-steering (German: Achsschenkellenkung) bogey simulation. That means the left and right parts of the bogey will perfectly follow the track and will rotate independently in all axes. This can be seen on the first screenshot. The true A-steering simulation will make NoLimits2 move ahead into realism and leave the status of a game behind.
SOURCE