TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is an Interview with one of the developers on ThrillNetwork.com. There are many big News in it. Here are some important facts from the Interview:

- There will be a much higher limit for the height and speed.

- Multiple (different) coasters in one area are possible.

- All old and many new coaster styles are integrated

- better smoothing and math tools to generate smooth coasters

- new scripting-tools that allows many things (like animated flat-rides or theming)... even the water splash from the video was not really a feature of nolimits, it is made with scripts... but like they said, with in this interview:

Flat rides can be animated using the scripting engine. The only limits are the creativity of the user!

-and much more...

And they showed a new coaster style on ThrillNetworks.com (scroll down), here is the link to the source with the interview and pics (EDIT: Link corrected to Thrillnetwork.com because direct-link doesn`t seem to work...)

http://www.thrillnetwork.com

Edited by Kooky

• 2 months later...

An Easter update was posted on the NL site, and I don't think it was an April fools joke. Apparently there's these improvements/additions :

Scripted and fully animated Tango flat ride

Dynamic spot lights

Volumetric fog effects

Animated textures on loops

Dynamic sky at night

Rain effect

Station platform with improved gates

Pictures are up here: http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news

In case anyone thinks that this is an April Fools joke like the maintenance ball from last year -

Absolutely astounding at full resolution. Hopefully we'll be able to scale up to 2880x1800.

EDIT: Another thing - does anyone remember NoLimits Virtual Rides and NoLimits fairground?

Edited by A.J.

^ Well, it's an April fools joke, but as with previous years then they have added some teasers about new stuff for NoLimits 2.

The joke is the Tango and whole fair thing. But stuff like the lighting, etc are some features that I have missed in NL.

Are you totally sure? I thought one of the highlights of NoLimits 2 compared to the original was the ability to animate 3D objects.

I hope the Tango is the only part of that picture that is a joke. Olympia Looping on the other hand looks fantastic and this is a big step up just from a graphics standpoint. Have they said anything about a possible release date?

Wait, does anyone have an idea how it would be possible to animate 3D objects?

I'd recommend going and having a look at some of the ThemePark Studio videos. They do a nice job demonstrating an easy way to have in game animated 3D objects.

Are you totally sure? I thought one of the highlights of NoLimits 2 compared to the original was the ability to animate 3D objects.

The part about ditching the coasters and just making it a carnival parking lot sim was the joke. Not the fact that there will be flats.

^^I should have been more specific: That type of animation seems to be fairly intuitive, though since we only saw a small sliver, I am concerned as to how limited that can be. I'm talking about whether or not we'd have to get into modding any actual code and whatnot, a skill that I utterly lack.

The tango isn't a joke. They've talked about how scripting is the new 'big' feature on the forums at NLE and you're able to create just about anything with some talent. That's how the dive machine splash, the (presumably) blinking lights and the tango are all functioning.

i think it is mixed... the first part

...We had the idea to turn NL into a fun fair simulator with a strong focus on flat rides...
is a joke.

But the secound part:

Here is a short list of what you see on the screenshots above.

Scripted and fully animated Tango flat ride

Dynamic spot lights

Volumetric fog effects

Animated textures on loops

Dynamic sky at night

Rain effect

Station platform with improved gates

It fits to the interviews and other details which were published... fully animated 3D-objects... everything possible with the scripting engine (even flats)... animated textures and so on

• 2 months later...

New Update!

http://nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news

The funny thing is, I actually looked yesterday for one, but it wasn't updated. I subscribed to their YouTube page and a new video was posted, so I checked the site for an update and sure enough, there it was.

Update below:

The NoLimits Development Team is proud to show a video of the NoLimits2 engine. Our last news came on April First. I was trying to fool you by saying that we concentrate on flat rides now and leave behind all the coasters. That was not true. Silly and bad joke, I know. However, we are absolutely serious about that the NoLimits2 engine is fully capable of simulating complex fun fair rides. In order to proof that, we created the video below. It features a full blown complex flat ride at a fun fair scene.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Here is an uncomplete list of effects you see in the video.

Flat ride scene object 'Tango'

Olympia Looping track imported from NL1

External ride view for 'Tango' and camera flight

Invisible coaster track used for path as part of the camera flight

Various additional lights all over the place, some are casting shadows

Volumetric fog effect using Z-Feather sprites

Volumetric light effect

Halo effect

Special spot lights with projected textures

Complex scripting controlling lights, flat ride objects and effects

Animated light textures created with internal tool

Dynamic Day/Night cycle

Motion blur

Walk mode

Scripted music (.ogg files)

The first onride scenes were made using NL1

Hardly any post processing was used to make this video. Except for the video transitions and added text, everything comes directly from the engine. The motion blur effect is a non-realtime special effect part of the new improved AVI/MOV export. It is a professional feature to be used to simulate the shutter and exposure time of a real video camera. All the animations except for the coaster itself and the lights on the coaster loops and lift were made possible using the internal scripting language. Some special effects are a clever combination of special material settings, scripting and 3ds object triangles. Everything is user-land, that means users will be able to create similar rides, as long as they are familiar with scene object modelling (.3ds or .lwo) and have some advanced programming skills in an object oriented language. The engine's scripting language is my own design, it is object oriented and combines a subset of features from Java and C#. The team hopes you enjoy the video. Hopefully the video will make your wait for the final product less annoying. We are about 95% done with it, the ToDo list gets smaller each day. [ol]

Woah! Between this and TPS, we may be in for a little Amusement Park Video Game renaissance.

Edited by A.J.

I just checked this a few hours ago! I'm wondering which game will be done first, this or TPS? I know TPS is delayed until January of 2014 as of now. Hmm...

I guess, it was just updated then. The video in my YouTube Subscriptions was uploaded an hour ago, so I assume the NL website was updated an hour ago as well. It seems their YouTube channel is now officially active. I've been subscribed to it for months, but no videos could be found through it. You had to view them through the NL website. Just about 19 hours ago, the first two videos they made were officially made to be viewable via their YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NolimitsCoasterUTube?feature=watch

I really can't wait to see what the master creators are going to be able to accomplish with NL2. I can just see them creating entire recreations of some parks, down to the last detail. And the best of the best will create their own amazing parks that make you yearn to visit.