TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

I spent the first half of August with finishing some advanced Scene-Object features. Everything turned out pretty much I wanted it to be which is a good motivation for the next weeks. Advanced users can expect a nice bunch of new features regarding Scene-Objects in NL2 to play with. Most features are designed to add life to the scene, but there are also features which will help increase framerates such as the ability to have multiple LODs (levels of detail) depending on the viewing distance. Multiple levels of detail are very important especially for better looking foliage. Next to 3DS mesh-files, NoLimits2 will also support LWO (LightWave) mesh-files, this file-format has a couple of advantages compared to the very old 3DS format.

Think that we might have to learn to make new kinds of 3d objects...

More on: http://nolimitscoaster.de/news.html

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm considering buying the full version of NL but have a few questions first.

1. If I purchase the full version does it include the latest version # (version 7.1) in the download or do I get the base version first while waiting for the fully updated version to be activated?

2.I read on their site that there are 18 tracks available that come with the latest version,which is good for me as I totally stunk at being able to use the editor that came with the 1.0 demo that was first released way back in the fall of 01.

3.Speaking of the editor,have any new changes been made to it in the latest version that make it any easier to use? Hyper rails used an editor that showed you the track in real time as you were making adjustments to it during the design process,while the demo version of the NL 1.0 editor only showed the centerline making it next to impossible to really make any transitions from uphill to downhill.

First of all, I'd like to point out the NoLimits Help Thread, if you have any NL-related questions, please ask them over here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29233

Hey guys I'm considering buying the full version of NL but have a few questions first.

1. If I purchase the full version does it include the latest version # (version 7.1) in the download or do I get the base version first while waiting for the fully updated version to be activated?

If you buy it now you get the latest version, so that would 1.7 in this case

2.I read on their site that there are 18 tracks available that come with the latest version,which is good for me as I totally stunk at being able to use the editor that came with the 1.0 demo that was first released way back in the fall of 01.

There are more than 18 tracks available. Also, sites such as www.coastercrazy.com and www.coastersims.com have a huge exchange full or tracks to ride and learn from.

3.Speaking of the editor,have any new changes been made to it in the latest version that make it any easier to use? Hyper rails used an editor that showed you the track in real time as you were making adjustments to it during the design process,while the demo version of the NL 1.0 editor only showed the centerline making it next to impossible to really make any transitions from uphill to downhill.

The editor works with several views. In the top view you can edit the forward/backward/left/right directions of the track and in front and side view you can also edit the up/down direction. It's kinda diffucult to explain but once you read a tutorial or two you'll see what I mean.

More news:

This month I fixed up again a couple of things here and there that used to be half way done. Most things were related to the user interface and to the file management. My goal for September was to increase the useability of the software so that my dev-team will have an easier life playing with the new features which are not documented yet and are probably not very intuitive unless you are an experienced programmer.

Read the full report at: http://nolimitscoaster.de/news.html

Yay, over 50%done now!!

Thanks,I went ahead & purchased the full version last night & downloaded the upgrade for v.7.1 this morning.

I'll check around on some of the sites mentioned & see if I can find any good tutorials for working with the editor,as well as some good downloads...with a focus on recreations.

I REALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS. I hope it comes out during the summer. If it comes out during school, my grades are going to go down Dx

Here's hoping the requirements aren't too steep so that I have a chance at running it on my system.If anything I think my integrated video card would probably be the only hang up.....especially if NL2 involves pixel shaders.

Whatever happened to NL Fairground? I recall seeing something about it on their main page but can't recall where it was.Did Ole abandon that project at all?

Thanks,I went ahead & purchased the full version last night & downloaded the upgrade for v.7.1 this morning.

I'll check around on some of the sites mentioned & see if I can find any good tutorials for working with the editor,as well as some good downloads...with a focus on recreations.

Good that you downloaded it. I look forward to seeing some of your tracks! Also, it is version 1.7, not 7.1. Especially considering 2.0 is what this thread is about.

Good that you downloaded it. I look forward to seeing some of your tracks! Also, it is version 1.7, not 7.1. Especially considering 2.0 is what this thread is about.

LOL,I goofed on the version #.I havn't really experimented with the track editor yet especially seeing as how I can't even find a track/ride type selection menu anywhere in the editor's user interface.

I ohh so need to find some sites that have in depth tutorials on basic ride construction for the game before I attempt any major designs first.

Whatever happened to NL Fairground? I recall seeing something about it on their main page but can't recall where it was.Did Ole abandon that project at all?

http://www.nolimitsfairground.com

I was just on the site and the game looks pretty cool actually so I think i'm gonna give it go. Also in the news section (for those who might not have read lately), I read that Creator Ole Lange, stated that NoLimits 2 is 55% finished! Link: http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/

• 1 month later...
This news post comes with a couple of brand new screenshots focusing on the recently finished sky engine. I needed a couple of more days for cleaning everything up so that screenshots could be made. I am proud to present some great new engine features, which NoLimits2 will make use of. I have been working hard on them for the last 3 years and now I thought it is time to show some screenshots. The greatest feature in my eyes are high quality dynamic shadows (can be seen on the left most picture)...

Did it say pictures!!, SWEET!!

Just go to http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/news.html to read the rest of the news and have a look at the pictures for yourself.

I have to say that I really like the look of it.

I absolutely can't wait for this game, it made me really sad to hear that apparantly we'll have to wait untill 2010 to play it...

I especially can't wait to see some rollercoasters!

Though, I gotta say, I find it hard to believe that Ole would be putting DOLPHINS into the game and perfecting grass without having at least one or two coasters done... I think he's just trying to abuse us.

It's that kind of wonderful evil that makes me suspect that the next update will have a screenshot of the shadow of a rollercoaster, or something implied, but not the rollercoaster itself.

But seriously, if I were him, grass and animals would be last on my "to do" list...

In conclusion,

We want coasters!