TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Got Cars on DVD and reminded myself why Pixar is the greatest animation studio ever. I mean, they're 7 for 7 with hits...

Anyway, Cars:

I love this whole movie. What astounds me is that Pixar can come up with so many stories and none of them are similar in any way! 9/10

Have just watched The Departed!! There's no point it has M18. The violence is just not that strong compared to Pan's Labyrinth, which is NC16. By the way the movie is very very good and Jack Nicholson is very great!! Really weird he doesn't even get Oscar nomination!!

DreamGirls

8/10

'Chicago' was better for my movie musical $$$. I also saw the original New York Broadway original cast in December of 1982 with all the cast mainly still in it. So I already knew what the film makers were up against in doing this type of film. And what has to be changed and/or added to improve plot and storyline.

I think they did really well, but it still missed 'something,' even though Hudson and Murphy are Two Excellent Reasons to see it, alone. Filming and effects are good, excellent period placement with costuming and design, too. Top notch. But...

Still not sure about getting the Soundtrack, yet. I still enjoy the Live 2001 Full Script/Score recording of the musical. Hard to beat that one, too.

Epic Movie 6.5/10

I went and saw Epic Movie last night. It was an ok movie. Some parts were funny while others were just disturbing. The storyline was almost exactly the same as Narnia's but with fart jokes and perverted movie reference every now and then. This movie is probably only worth seeing once.

The Ringer: Rating 9/10

I thought this movie was hilarious, though I felt guilty for laughing at some of the things projected throughout.

Tooth Fairy: Rating 8/10

Good movie, kind of a "Darkness Falls" knock off but better. Basic story line, some good scary parts and good acting.

"Pan's Labrynth"

AWESOME movie. I could have gone without some of the violence, but it was a cinematographic (if that's a word) miracle. That chicken-snake-man thing was extremely nerve-racking and as realistic as you can get with fantasy.

"Babel"

Another amazing movie. It's really too bad that there are people who fail to see the connections between the characters and the heartbreak involved in all the stories. I actually heard a few students talking about how insane and perverted the Japanese deaf-mute girl was. Definately a qualifier for Best Picture (although I'd rather have Little Miss Sunshine win).

House of the Dead II: Rating 8/10

I kind of liked this one better than the first. Though, throughout this movie you can very plainly notice a lot of slip-ups....like one minute a guy has blood on his face then the next, it's gone....then the blood is back on his then...well you get the point. Pretty good acting and thought the the make-up job on some of the zombies were really creative and awesome!

Epic Movie 6.5/10

I went and saw Epic Movie last night. It was an ok movie. Some parts were funny while others were just disturbing. The storyline was almost exactly the same as Narnia's but with fart jokes and perverted movie reference every now and then. This movie is probably only worth seeing once.

I think you gave Epic Movie a very generous score. To be honest I found nothing funny in this movie at all. To me, it was a sad excuse for a movie. I think this was truely the worst movie I've ever seen. A few times I actually thought about suicide. Yes, it was that bad. I warn all of you not to see it.

I give it a 0/10.

Pan's Labrynth

I usually despise movies like this, but I LOVED it. I had heard all the great reviews, but I wasn't sure how I would like it. It was just fantastic though. It was a nice mix of historical fiction and...I would know what you would call the other side of it...fantasy? Basically, it is a really great film that I would recommend to anyone. I know it is January, but I'm sure it will easily be one of the best films of 2007.