The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm watching the barn-burner of a game between Oklahoma and BYU right now, which is being played in the new Cowboys Stadium. I hadn't seen any really good pictures from inside the stadium until today, but does anyone else think that the Jumbotron is unnecessarily massive? I mean, do they really need a scoreboard that big? I wonder if Jerry Jones is just trying to compensate for something...

Buffalo Bills starting unit scores three points in five pre-season games, so they fire their OC a week before the season starts and then axe their starting left tackle today...good idea with New England looming on the horizon next Monday night??

Unfortunately, the local media and fans were calling for Schonert and Jauron's heads at the end of last season...so what do they do? They wait till a week before the regular season starts and then decide to start over! UGGGHHH!!!!

Looks like another long season of no playoffs for Bills fans. Oh wait...we got us some T.O., so no worries, right??

It's no wonder Buffalo is classified as a drinking town with a sports problem!

I am a small percentage of a JEts Fan now. The kicker for the Jets that just got a job there is from my town and graudated from the other high school the same year I did.

Talking about HS Alumni, Channing Crowder of the Dolphins and i went to HS together. He graduated an year before me. Since we were no football factory it was such a big deal when he signed to go play for the Gators.

Adding to the topic about HS alumni, I go to the same HS Dan Marino did...

Anyways, I cant wait for tomorrow. As if The Steelers playing their first game of the season wasnt awesome enough, the Black Eyed Peas are putting on a free concert downtown that I plan on going to Steelers games and free concerts by NOTABLE artists, I dont think it gets any better than that! Its gonna be INSANELY crowded though I imagine...

Anyways, I cant wait for tomorrow. As if The Steelers playing their first game of the season wasnt awesome enough, the Black Eyed Peas are putting on a free concert downtown that I plan on going to Steelers games and free concerts by NOTABLE artists, I dont think it gets any better than that! Its gonna be INSANELY crowded though I imagine...

The Black Eyed Peas count as a notable artist? I thought you had to be *good* to be considered notable

The Black Eyed Peas count as a notable artist? I thought you had to be *good* to be considered notable

I know a lot of people might not like them, but there's no denying they have been one of the most popular music artists in the past 10 years. Im much more of a classic rock/metal kind of guy myself, but I still like their music. My point was that usually when they throw free concerts like this its some no-name band that noone's ever heard of.

I almost destroyed my TV when Mannelly snapped the ball to Garrett Wolfe on that 4th down. Its a defensive game what in gods name are you doing giving the other team good field position. Bonehead play by a good player. Also the Pack realized the key to stopping the Bears offense is stopping Greg Olson because they got no one else. Hester had one big play but other than that triple teaming Olson took the passing game almost completely out, and the other recievers flat out sucked and caused 3 of those interceptions.

On the other hand, that Orton to Stokely play was amazing! Only the Bengals can blow a game like that

^ Honestly, not that impressed. I thought the Bears D, minus the one play at the end was far superior. And that was without Urlacher and the Tinomisooutpppoejopeje, in game.

Don't get me wrong, they'll be good, just not as good as advertised. It always takes a couple of weeks for offenses to scout out defensive schemes.