TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

You know, as much as I love my team (Go broncos!!), I couldn't agree more with that statement. I just have no idea who we pick up next if bowlen isn't interested in draft picks, and none of the other teams have anyone to trade. Unless you trade cutler for other players, use simms as qb this year and pick up a qb next year.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I am aggravated at the entire conduct of this situation between the Denver Broncos and Jay Cutler. Both parties are at fault for the present situation but I cannot help but put a little but more blame on number 6 for his handling of his emotions. McDaniels should have been more direct about what he was planning on doing to the team but come on, is it really necessary to not return calls from your bossand missing out on work (and money) just to voice your opinion?

I will happily open the door to see Jay Cutler out of Denver, and I bleed theme park...and then blue and orange.

Maybe Cutler will start a new trend in the NFL: Emo drama queen quarterbacks.

Oh wait... I forgot... Donovan McNabb beat him to it.

McNabbs reaction to Limbaugh and TO was pure class, if anything he is the anti-drama superstar athlete.

the bears either got totally fleeced or came out like bandits, and nobody can tell

neckbeard becomes rugged mountain man beard, cutler has to deal with having nobody who can catch, and the broncos get a million draft picks

makes for a good story anyway!

I completely agree. Cutler led the Broncos to what last season? 8 and 8 or 9 and 7? And they didn't even make the playoffs. I am still in disbelief Bears got rid of ORton, he was descent. I am glad Grossman is gone, he was terrible. And I am a Colts fans but felt bad for most Bears fans.

• 3 weeks later...

^ I'm sure the Jets are happy with their pick (Mark Sanchez). The Raiders, not so much (Hayward-Bey).

Anyways, the Vikes picked Percy Harvin which I don't know if its a good or bad thing. He can easily complement the offense with Peterson, Berrian, and Rosenfels; but he does carry some baggage.

Unfortunately, the owner of my team IS Al Davis.

WTH?????? Are these the voices Al hears inside his head? Hmmm, lets see we suck.. what else can i do, before draft day to screw things up even more.... Oh yeah, i got it, a QB controversy!. Oh, now on to draft day... Lets see, we are drafting 7th, I bet I can make the 2 worst possible picks in the first 2 rounds.... Yes! I did it!!!!

It is hard, very hard to be a Raider fan. But I remain a fan.

Eric Wood, C/Louisville, whom I know personally, was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the first round. Congrats, and good luck with T.O.!

Didn't know too much about this guy and was a bit surprised when I heard they drafted a center and a DB in the 1st and 2nd! Then I heard that they are going to move Wood to guard and Byrd to safety. I wonder if Maybin is going to be used as more of a pass rushing linebacker?

I hear that Wood is a monster on the field and has somewhat of a nasty streak. I like the idea of having a lineman like that who just mashes people to the ground!

Also heard that he is a pretty smart guy off the field which is what we need to keep some of the "troublemakers" (IE: Lynch, Simpson, and Whitner) in line!

If you talk to him, please let him know that we are excited to have him here in Buffalo. I know he will be impressed with the fan rabidness at the Ralph!

It is hard, very hard to be a Raider fan. But I remain a fan.
I know you are loyal to your team but what DO you look forward to this season anyway? I really feel sorry Oakland fans.

I really am happy with the Falcons draft. We got a DT and Safety in the first two round and stud TE for pick next year. Filled all the necessary spots. The Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff nailed every pick last year and so far it looks good again this year. In Thomas we trust.

Hmmm what do I look forward to? Other than just the sheer joy of watching football, not a whole lot from the Raiders.

To make it worse, the NFL has put the Raiders on few national games, and even on Thanksgiving this year????? Adding insult to injury.... I am sure that all my Thanksgiving goodies will not be digesting very well that day, in fact watching this Raider team play may induce some reverse gastrointestinal events.

Since I'm listening to the draft in the other room, I was wondering.......is any teams' fans happy with their pick? All I hear after every announcement is a chorus of boos.

I'll let you know in a couple of years. Seriously, for a weak draft overall I liked what the Dolphins did on day 1. ...And day 2 is always a crap shoot in any draft year.

As a Redskins fan, I'm happier with what they did overall since they did not break the bank and trade up for Sanchez. However, I am slightly disappointed for the most part because of the first round. I would have rather seen them take a shot on Oher and really start to amp up the offensive line, especially considering they have to get patched up earlier and earlier each year. I mean, Chris Samuels can only play so long. I wonder if Snyder and Cerato realize that or not?

However, just looking at who they did get, I do like Orakpo, no matter how much I would have liked to have seen an OL picked. I think he will jump in, and really create a good pass rush for the defense. I also really like Kevin Barnes as a value pick. He was on his way to maybe a first or second round selection until he was injured. I think he could be a good plug-n-play kind of guy in his first year.

I really like what they did after the draft though. It will be interesting to see how Chase Daniels does in camp. I also really like the Jaison Williams signing, considering they need help at WR, and I actually think he might make the roster. I just really want a true number 1 receiver so badly for this team.

• 3 months later...
Way to be a fan.

I am a fan of the Colts, but could care less about the Bills (frankly because I don't like T.O.) and Titans are not a trema I follow. Plus it is the preseason, the starters play for a quarter a most and then rest for the people who are trying to get a spot.