TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

This could be really great or really average depending on the braking, I'm hoping B & M will give us some ejector air rather than their customary floating air.

I think you answered your own question there. Shame really as i'd like to see some B&M ejector air!

Am I the only one who thinks that the MCBR and the subsequent turnaround are looking just completely butt ugly? It just is so awkward and long. Ugh! I drove into the parking lot today to have a closer look at everything and it just really made me want to wretch. The rest of the coaster looks very nice, the curves are awesome, but that one part is just terrible.

Maplehawk still looks fun, and I agree with the picture posted above by clewis4u: Looking at the coaster from the 400 south on-ramp is probably the most impressive place to see it from.

Once again... every time I see more pictures I get more and more "underwhelmed". That MCBR looks interesting... it looks like there is a little dip going into the helix which leads me to think the MCBR will stop the train completely and it will need that little dip to get going again. And gotta love the trim brakes on like EVERY hill.

At least it looks really cool in that one picture, like it's the length of the entire park.

Once again... every time I see more pictures I get more and more "underwhelmed". That MCBR looks interesting... it looks like there is a little dip going into the helix which leads me to think the MCBR will stop the train completely and it will need that little dip to get going again. And gotta love the trim brakes on like EVERY hill.

Uh, it kinda has to have that dip to pass an emergency stop, which is the entire point of a MCBR. Ever seen a MCBR that the track goes up afterwards? I don't think so.

Once again-large fast expensive coaster in extremely variable weather area. CW doesn't want to wear out their trains or their guests with excessive G-forces. They also don't want patrons to have the X-perience of valleying. So they build it fast with plenty of adjustable brakes.

Of course, CW will probably run it on the slow setting, but we should let them do that before we pass judgment, shouldn't we?

Uh, it kinda has to have that dip to pass an emergency stop, which is the entire point of a MCBR. Ever seen a MCBR that the track goes up afterwards? I don't think so.

Well, thank you for enlightening me with that unnecessarily sarcastic and slightly insulting response.

I guess I just don't care for the way that MCBR looks. It seems like it will be slow to start again, whereas something like Nitro's that goes directly into a drop is more exciting in my opinion.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1106.htm?picture=10

Well, thank you for enlightening me with that unnecessarily sarcastic and slightly insulting response.

I guess I just don't care for the way that MCBR looks. It seems like it will be slow to start again, whereas something like Nitro's that goes directly into a drop is more exciting in my opinion.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1106.htm?picture=10

The way you said it led me to believe that you thought the ride had to have that hill to keep going. I agree that a giant drop may be more fun, but B&M has also made some pretty awesome helices. Sorry to sound rude.

I dont know why the MCBR was really all that nescisary when there isnt much track after it! I know for blocking reasons but still!
For blocking reasons... that's exactly why it's necessary...

For the record, there's plenty of track after the MCBR. A helix and several airtime-producing hills is really all that's necessary once you're that far into the ride.

Finally a ride over 110ft

The layout looks awesome and it should have amazing views of the park/area. I wonder if it will affect the Italian job though, The lift supports are right in the middle of it.

As for the new trains, they are well... Interesting. The station is going to have to be massive to hold them. I wonder how they will work out the gates inside, 8 rows of 4, or 16 rows of 2?

Its 16 rows of two.