TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I think it's safe to say [that the rest also do].

But I couldn't tell you WHY the seatbelts were added. B&M has no rep for deaths or accidents related to restraints. Intamin, however, does. Heck, Intamin trains that had T restraints AND seatbelts got somebody ejected. B&Ms clamshells alone have never done that.

It's most likely Cedar Fair being safety freaks and requesting the installation of seat belts.

If I remember correctly, Nitro did have seatbelts when it first opened. However, instead of going across your lap, the belts clicked into the restraint itself. I'm not exactly sure of when they were removed, but if you look at the trains today, you can still see the metal piece where the belt was attached and if you look at the restraint, you can see where it would lock into the restraint.

The park's Boomerang had a 1 hour line on a pretty busy Friday last year, so how only 45 minutes worth of queue line is gonna shift what will be the biggest line in the park during high season is beside me.

I hope there's something lost in translation down the line there, because as non-sensical as the park's operators come across, and yes they do, this seems a little too daft to be true.

Ah, who am I kidding?

If I remember correctly, Nitro did have seatbelts when it first opened. However, instead of going across your lap, the belts clicked into the restraint itself. I'm not exactly sure of when they were removed, but if you look at the trains today, you can still see the metal piece where the belt was attached and if you look at the restraint, you can see where it would lock into the restraint.

Ah. I did read that somewhere. That's correct.

Were those seatbelts referred to as "interlocking"?

That's what these seatbelts are listed as, so they maybe won't hurt the capacity as much as Intamin style seatbelts.

Why on earth would CF see the need to put seatbelts on a B&M hyper when nothing has happened with the restraints on those rides. Honestly, it just seems like a really stupid thing to do.

Cedar Fair puts seat belts on every thing. Jaguar at Knotts has seat belt's and you don't even lift off you seat. So its only natural for this ride to have them.

Why on earth would CF see the need to put seatbelts on a B&M hyper when nothing has happened with the restraints on those rides. Honestly, it just seems like a really stupid thing to do.

That's kind of like saying you've never had an accident in your car so there's no point in having seatbelts.

Forgive my bad memory and correct me if I'm wrong, but Goliath at La Ronde has seatbelts on the restraints and they are really not a pain to fasten. They connect to the side of the restraint. I'd rather have these seatbelts than the ones that were retrofitted into S:ROS. Seat belt buckle in stomach + ride op stapling you = ouch!

They connect to the side of the restraint. I'd rather have these seatbelts than the ones that were retrofitted into S:ROS. Seat belt buckle in stomach + ride op stapling you = ouch!

That, and those weird metal bars that are supposed to keep your legs in place. I've never felt so restricted on a coaster before. Don't know what they were thinking with those.

Forgive my bad memory and correct me if I'm wrong, but Goliath at La Ronde has seatbelts on the restraints and they are really not a pain to fasten. They connect to the side of the restraint. I'd rather have these seatbelts than the ones that were retrofitted into S:ROS. Seat belt buckle in stomach + ride op stapling you = ouch!

When i rode Goliath in August, there were no restraint seatbelts nor any sign of them.

I wonder what the line for Minebuster is going to be? Italian Job basically cut Minebuster's line to nothing. Now with Behemoth I wonder if anyone will go ride it.

Excellent. Tear it down!!!

No kidding. My nickname for it is a$$buster, The other woodie on the other side of the park is way more fun.

When i rode Goliath in August, there were no restraint seatbelts nor any sign of them.

Ok, then I'm wrong. But I SWEAR I rode a B&M with that type of seat belt before! Or maybe I'm hallucinating. Derek help me out!

That's kind of like saying you've never had an accident in your car so there's no point in having seatbelts.

You're comparing a dangerous vehicle (drunk drivers!) with a safe reliable B&M (which follows the same track every single time).

But I'm talking about a safe driver... whatever

B&M yay....

I wonder what the line for Minebuster is going to be? Italian Job basically cut Minebuster's line to nothing. Now with Behemoth I wonder if anyone will go ride it.

No kidding. My nickname for it is a$$buster, The other woodie on the other side of the park is way more fun.

When was the last time you were at the park?

They retracked the bad section before the turnout last year on Minebuster. Now the ride is really smooth, but boring.

Wild Beast however has gone totally to hell in the past two years. Rough as hell, potholes everywhere.

All you need for most coasters are a seatbelt and a pulldown bar like "Goliath" at Walibi World, even a "button" will do. There is no need for OHR on coasters which do inversions, the Flight Of Fear coasters have shown parks that. Your upper body should be free to move and not pinned into the seat.

If I get stapled into the seat, I ask the Op to release it so I can slide down into the seat, stick my stomach (I have a flat one not rounded) out to stop the op from pushing the bar out and there is more room between the bar and myself.

About the queue... they may end up the the same thing that Storm Runner did if the lines get that bad.

For those of you that rode in '04, the actual queue was tiny. They had to put a temporary rope switchback down a maintenance path where personally I waited 1 hour in that and then 30 mins in the small. By next year they had realized their mistake and installed a huge switchback nestled in a grassy area next to SR's turn into the station, thus stopping overflows.

If the lines are too ridiculous to handle on Behemoth, they may install extra queue. Just a thought. Every major coaster queue should be designed to hold at least 2 to 3 hours. That way you rarely have to deal with a spill-out onto the already crowed midways. Look at IOA. DD, Hulk, Spiderman, and JP:RA have huge queues to begin with, but they all have huge overflow areas for that "Just in case" factor.

I think Maurer Sohne has the restraint thing totally down. Those lap bars use less material than any other lap restraint (since they're attatched to the side of the seat rather than being a TBar) but are some of the most comfortable.

Anyways, someone on the last page mentioned that they could've sworn they'd been on a B&M that had interlocking seatbelts.

I think Nitro is one of the only B&M hypers that has had the seatbelts. To my knowledge.

And yeah, naturally CW is going to add more queue. It's the only thing that will work. 45 minute wait for a B&M hyper, in a park that services the GTA, in peak season ... I think not.

When was the last time you were at the park?

They retracked the bad section before the turnout last year on Minebuster. Now the ride is really smooth, but boring.

Wild Beast however has gone totally to hell in the past two years. Rough as hell, potholes everywhere.

We were there August civic holiday weekend in 2007, I've got some pictures of Behemoth's footers on a previous thread.

There was a NASTY harmonic bounce/shake near the end.

^ I'm going to have to agree with Paul on the whole CW woodie roughness factors. Minebuster used to be rougher, but now it's been smoothed out yet incredibly neutered at the same time. There is just nothing to the ride now, it's a total bore. Wild Beast needs a total re-track, or better yet tear it down and put a GCI twister in it's place! You could totally fit a great woodie into that footprint, especially if you expand out the back into some of the employee only sections.

Back to Behemoth. There is no way that a 45 minute queue will be adequate enough for this coaster. You're talking the busiest seasonal park in North America, and you're going to give the top coaster a 45 minute line? That's ridiculous. I've been on Beemers before at parks that actually know how to push through guests, and there is no way that even they could achieve the level of capacity that CW apparently thinks they'll get out of this ride.

Like I said before, I'm going to be making a mad dash for this coaster in the morning, and then likely avoiding it like the plague the rest of the day.

Like I said before, I'm going to be making a mad dash for this coaster in the morning, and then likely avoiding it like the plague the rest of the day.

I'll probably be running right along side you. That's my plan for riding this thing too. On the plus side, it should free up quite a bit of space in the Vortex queue. I can never get enough Vortex.

Every major coaster queue should be designed to hold at least 2 to 3 hours. That way you rarely have to deal with a spill-out onto the already crowed midways. Look at IOA. DD, Hulk, Spiderman, and JP:RA have huge queues to begin with, but they all have huge overflow areas for that "Just in case" factor.

Yeah, I wish Cedar Point had installed more queues for Maverick. On more than one occasion I saw the queue spilled out onto the midway for at least 100 yards, if not more.