TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ Win. I will be the one cutting the wire for sure!

I will hope to get up to the park on SPPN to ride this beast! It all depends if the GO bus is running to CW that day which it probably isn't. Thank you so much for the updates! I can't wait for testing to begin

Hopefully they won't be used on a regular basis. They're fully retractable so it's possible to have a completely trimless ride. Jeff and I will let you know what we find out once testing begins.

Now that's a little more encouraging.

The retractable trim brakes are explained really well near the end of the first youtube video.

Guys, awesome update!

I'm still in awe of all the supporting work that goes on that we can't normally see or take for granted--landscaping, wiring, finishing, etc. The station and surrounding area are looking amazing.

Will people be able to walk under the turn around from the looks of it?

^The trims are definitely fully retractable. Hopefully they will stay fully retracted more often than not

Dragon Fire being absolutely dwarfed by Leviathan is a good thing. I'd bet that more families and younger riders would want to ride Dragon Fire because it looks a lot less intimidating.

^ Win. I will be the one cutting the wire for sure!

I will hope to get up to the park on SPPN to ride this beast! It all depends if the GO bus is running to CW that day which it probably isn't. Thank you so much for the updates! I can't wait for testing to begin

If I remember correctly, it should run on SPPN. Employees use the bus too and need to get to work.

If it's not running you can take the subway to Downsview, jump on a short bus to York U, and then take the YRT 20 bus from there to the park. It's a PITA, but it works.

I usually wouldn't make such a bold statement about a ride I've never seen in person, but I honestly think this is the most beautiful coaster out there. I think I now know what my true favorite colors are.

Major thanks to everyone who's been documenting this for us!

^The flat part of the drop serves as the mid-course brake run that allows the B&M hypers to run three trains safely. That allows a train to crest the lift hill so long as a train has moved on to the sloped section of the brake run - meaning that a train should be able to be dispatched safely as soon as the one before it crests the lift hill. It keeps operations running smoothly, while also keeping the price from getting any bigger than the $28 million it's already costing them!

Yes, they're starting by removing the Cyber Central tech theming for the arcade and redoing the building facade. They're also matching the station to the area as well. There will be another large addition or two to the area that will really make it stand out.

When do you think that they will begin the testing? Not rushing them to get this done, I'm curious though.

How long does B&M usually take (precautions wise) other than the pull through?

Behemoth's testing phase began in March and ran all the way through up until a few days before Media Day in April of '08. Leviathan will probably be on the same schedule when it comes to testing, but they may start a bit earlier for Leviathan considering it is B&M's first Giga Coaster plus both them and CW will want to make sure its running smoothly for Media Day, Season Pass Preview Night and Opening Day.

There is still quite a bit of electrical that needs to be run along Leviathan's course. They're currently working on the final track alignment. Once that's complete, they'll take the coaster "envelope" around the course to make sure all the clearances are adequate. Once all of these things are complete, they'll be able to start testing. Behemoth started around March 17 (if I remember correctly) so I'd expect Leviathan to start around early-mid March if all goes well (just a month away!). Hopefully the weather continues to hold up the way it has all winter. I'll definitely keep everyone here posted on any updates!