TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^The rattle seems more prevalent on the new open style trains like on Behemoth and Diamondback. Even though Nitro is over 10 years old it's still smooth as silk. I think that's one of the reasons they went with the 4 across trains on Leviathan.

Wait, so B&M's are notorious for having a rattle?

It depends on who you ask. I don't think so, but evidently there are a few who do. :shrugs:

Jeez is there such thing as a smooth coaster anywhere lmao.

Yes. B&M hypercoasters are generally thought of as smooth coasters.

I belive much of the B&M rattle comes down to train maintenance. When I roda Katun in 2005 they were running two trains. One was rattling quite a lot, while the other gave a very smooth ride. There was actually a huge difference in ride experience.

Intresting rumour going around now...apparently Wonderland may be adding a new wooden coaster as soon as next year which is supposily named "Timber Trains". The location of thew ride is supposed to replace the White Water Canyon ride. It seems kinda weird that Wonderland would add another coaster just after they spent $28 million the previous year but anything can happen these days! I also mapped out the coaster over the White Water Canyon ride and it fit in perfectly....

Here is the concept art that is said to be created by Wonderland:

That is the Hersheypark Wildcat concept art that they released in 1995. Someone just slapped a Canada's Wonderland logo and some kind of emblem on it. Definitely fake.

EDIT: It's in the Hersheypark "Sweetness of Success" book if anyone doubts it.

That is the Hersheypark Wildcat concept art that they released in 1995. Someone just slapped a Canada's Wonderland logo and some kind of emblem on it. Definitely fake.

EDIT: It's in the Hersheypark "Sweetness of Success" book if anyone doubts it.

There go all my hopes for a 2013 coaster.....

There go all my hopes for a 2013 coaster.....
Yet the world's first B&M giga is being installed there in 2012. I don't think there's any reason to cry. Some parks go almost a decade without a new coaster.

I know....I was just hoping for a wooden because we havent gotten one for over a decade!!!

Yeah, the address for the image is ImageShack as well. As soon as I looked at the first drop and first turnaround, the red flag came up.

Whoever decided that photoshopping a Canada's Wonderland logo on Hersheypark's concept art was a good idea, I don't want to even know what your bad ideas are!

Haha, my first thoughts were "gorgeous layout" and "looks like a GCI". I didn't even realize that was Wildcat. I wish that coaster gave the kind of rides it clearly could, though it is fun in a way. "Timber Trains" sounds like an RCT name.

Any hope for a new wooden coaster at Canada's Wonderland some year? I've heard their woodies have potential but aren't very good nowadays, is that right?

I don't see a new woodie in Wonderland's near future. Ghoster Coaster is the best of the three. It was completely retracked a couple seasons back and rides amazingly smooth. Wild Beast has become very rough if you sit anywhere other than the front seat. And Minebuster has been retracked so many times it has no air (other than the first hill after the drop). I'd be happy if either of them got a complete retracking that actually made them smooth enough to enjoy in any seat and provide airtime like they use to!

Maintain/improve what's old before investing in new wood.