TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

It looks a LOT bigger in real life.

When I first saw the concept/prototype, I was kind of 'meh', but now that it's nearing completion, I must say, I am incredibly excited to try this new machine out!

I went today and, while I was waiting to meet up with a friend, I ended up watching them work on it for about 45 minutes, and they got a LOT done in that time span. I got there around 10:20, and by the time I left (2:20 ish), they already had about 1/4 of the central panel coverings in place, and I must say, they look really sweet!

This ride is starting to look really cool. I would've taken pictures from the top of the ferris wheel but the line was way too long. I had to settle for the 4th floor by the movie theater. I really can't wait for this ride to start testing which shouldn't be too many more days. I will try to get a video. Should be a fun ride.

Can anyone explain how this works? Does the chair roll in sequence with the wheel touching the platform, or does the seat spin freely?

^ Riders control if and what way they flip with a lever in between the seats. That's a good thing for the park because this ride will be able to appeal to a large audience. Younger kids just just sit there and not flip at all or only tilt slightly, while older kids and thrill seekers will be able to spin around the whole time.

Nice pictures again! I'm excited to see more photos of this open with people on it. It looks to be a fun ride. Also, for the locals who are going to give it a spin , find out how many points it is? I would imagine that it'll be at the max (6 points)...but I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a 5 point ride.

That looks like a cool ride. I just wonder how long the theming will be relevant. I think "BrainSurge" is a childrens game show on Nickelodeon, and I doubt it will be on the air even for a few more years, if it's not off already. Then again, they put "Tak" in some ride and that show must have only lasted two months in 2007, (or sometime.)

At least, if BrainSurge goes off the air, it still looks like cool theming that might not be based on a television show.

Looks awesome. But for a themepark like nickelodeon you would think they would've named it after a show on TV. But the Sign is quite cool i must say and the theme is cool. At the construction pics i was like wtf????? but now i know what it is!

Looks awesome. But for a themepark like nickelodeon you would think they would've named it after a show on TV. But the Sign is quite cool i must say and the theme is cool. At the construction pics i was like wtf????? but now i know what it is!

Isn't Brain Surge that Nickelodeon TV game show where they put the kids on the coasters at Knott's to ask them trivia?

Finally saw two billboards the other day for the park. Neither advertisised B.S. (haha), but both were pretty cool looking, one with P. O. S. and the other with Rock Bottom Plunge. First one was on 35 Heading South in White Bear Lake, and the second was on 694 heading West just past White Bear Ave, by Maplewood Mall.

Now what is Brainsurge exactly? It looks like the Squirell Cage Ride that flips around.

It's essentially a modern-day looper/squirrelcage ride. When the ride starts, the seats are upright. Then, when the ride gets going, riders can use a lever to rotate the seats forward or backward. Think of it as a squirrelcage ride that spins electronically instead of by using a pedal.

The Nickelodeon sponsorship has really improved this little park. I remember when the only coaster was the Ripsaw (Erm, Orange Streak)

It will ALWAYS be Ripsaw

I went today to ride it. And, I must say... HOLY MOTHER OF COWS DRINKING SODA! It is by far one of the most intense, insanely awesome flats I've been on. It's almost as, if not more, intense than Zipper, minus the impending-death. Sure, the operations are rather poor (About a 20 minute wait for a half-full queue. Not terrible, but not the best, either), I blame that on manual foot restraints. However, it is worth every minute! Plus, it only takes... 4 seconds to go around the entire circle, which believe me, is INCREDIBLY fast. As for the individual spinning? You can get it going crazy evil fast. I recommend backwards spinning, it provides an incredibly unique, intense experience. Add the lateral forces from the high-speed spinning, and you have a winner!

It is by far my favorite flat ever