TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Derek and Nicole do Orlando

DerekRx

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great PTR!

Did you go to Disney-MGM on a Saturday? I've only seen the park that crowded on Saturday, which is a EMH day for Disney Studios.

Nice Stealth and UF t-shirts! I have a Stealth shirt like that. I know you have class.

Nope, MGM was done on a Wednesday of all days. I fear what the park may have looked like today It wasn't even Extra Magic Hour or anything like that, just a whole bunch of Texas cheerleaders and Ontario Spring Breakers ruining it for the rest of us.

Glad to see I'm in good company as far as apparel is concerned

Two, Carousel of Progress being open when the park is busy, true, but that doesn't mean anyone rides it, sadly - in late December when we went, it was open and there were all of 6 other people in the theater with us besides my family of 4. That attraction doesn't get enough love, it's such a timeless classic that everyone needs to experience! Oh, and that song WILL be stuck in your head for months after riding.

It's not a timeless classic anymore with that ridiculous final scene...

And Disneyland gets -5000000 points until they fix the front gate department! No guests without bags line and the lines to enter DL after DCA closes are always ridiculously long (you think they would have figured it out by now...). Sorry Jahan. Wait, no I'm not.

Wonderful trip report Derek!! Makes me really miss WDW

But really, the way that you guys toured really goes to show that you can still have a good time even when it's crowded. You just have to do a little homework, know what you want to see and what you can skip, and use Fastpass. People on my Disney board make it out like you will just surely die if you have to wait 10 minutes in line for anything! It really seems like you guys did 95% of the most important stuff, and still had time for nice meals (Boma...*drool*)

Anyways..again, great TR!

-Julie

Those pics of MGM reminded me of when I was there a few years ago during Spring Break week. Just after opening, Tower had a similar wait and fastpass return time to what you guys experienced. It was the busiest I had ever seen the place.

But hell, a day at WDW, even during spring break, beats a day at most other parks.

dt

Nice PTR Derek!

Critically, you could have done without a few of the references.

I am kind of surprised that you didn't have more pics of EE. Just wondering: aside from the pics you took, is it not that photogenic or what?

Also, I loved the pics of the laugh factory!!! Loved the banners!!! I'm glad someone finally got in and took pictures!! Too bad it sounds like it sucks.

Another vote here for bringing back Alien Encounter!!!

Did you get Nicole on Poseidon's Fury? How about Twister? (I know, but *I* do like it!)

Did you guys also have time to get to Old Towne? Get Nic on a real skycoaster??

Good pics! Enjoyed it! Thanks!

JJ

Eerily enough, I took a Hulk wheel picture just two days after. Guess it runs in the online family?

I had the opportunity to experience Universal for the first time this past week. Hopefully I'll have a full (367-photo) TR up by this next one, albeit with much of the same pics.

Great photos man. I can't wait to get back to WDW. Going in August(4 months away). Now I have a number of questions that maybe someone can answer for me. 1)What ride is taking the place of BTTF at USF? I will miss that ride. 2)What is going in Millionaire's place at MGM? 3)How different is Pirates at WDW than at DL? I was on Pirates at DL last July 2006(the 9th to be exact) and it was recently refurbished with the characters from the movie. I was told that people waited in line for 3 hours just to see the changes.Now not having seen the 1st film or the 2nd or nor not wanting too at the time of my visit, I said after the ride,"Well, if people waited 3 hours in line to see Johhny Depp's character in the ride in only 3 spots, they must be out of their skulls." I didn't see the big deal.I liked the ride before the changes and after the changes.I didn't need to Jack Sparrow to enhance my joy of the ride.I still haven't seen either movie.My husband thinks I'm a freak cause of it.Some please give me a description of both versions of the ride. Thanks! AND BRING BACK ALIEN ENCOUNTER! I LOVE THAT RIDE!

the whole lack of "guests without bags" entrance. So overall, WDW wins.

OMG! While it wasn't a big deal during un-solace weekend, the time previously I went to Disneyland I waited in a security line that stretched almost all the way back to the parking lot trams! I couldn't believe it! And there I was, without a bag to check, waiting in a 20 minute line that could have been avoid with the "Guest Without Bags" line.

--Robb

I had the same experience there last January. It's not a good way to get first-timers excited to experience the Disneyland magic, that's for sure. Luckily, I loved the park so much I've pretty much forgotten about it. It is a pretty ridiculous policy.

Quality Report.

By the way, the only beer you had at AKL... You can get EVERYWHERE! It's the special brew Anheuser makes for Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze, and several other national chains.

It's tasty, but it's Anheuser. I am sorry you didn't enjoy more beers of the World...

Don't forget Bible Land next time!