TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So how many people out there are ACEer's?

Are you a member of ACE?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member of ACE?

• Yes
    • No

This website seems to good to be true. So many nice and funny people. People with personalities. So there couldn't be a bunch of ACEer's on here. I mean, those people... well I'll keep that to myself.

Sorry, I belong to a secret society of people that are ACEer's, that won't admit that they are ACEer's.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up until last fall, but I never really got around to renewing. I probably will renew sometime later this summer. Stereotyping everyone in the organization as horrible people is just as bad as far as I'm concerned as the few people in it who make everyone look bad. I joined it because I like riding roller coasters, and enjoy attending some of the events ACE has. Simple as that.

We used to be ACErs until we let our membership lapse about two years ago. We have several reasons, but mostly because we found that we stopped doing as many ACE events as we used to in favor of park sponsered events or our own trips. The publications are either late or don't have any better information than I can get online.

We are still memebers of ECC, though. Thier magazine rocks!!!

As far as making fun of ACErs, yeah there are a lot of good people in the club, but it's those stereotypical ones that make it "funny." It's like trekkies. They know their geeks and they can even make fun of themselves for it!

--Robb "We're all coaster geeks even if you're NOT an ACE member!" Alvey

I'm not a member of ACE. I looked into it but I realized there was no point for me to join since I probably wouldn't attend any events since I don't travel much and don't go to amusement parks as often as others (too far away).

I've been a member since 2001. I enjoy RC! magazine and the events (even if more events in recent years have been up in Nor Cal rather then So Cal).

I also just joined ECC in December. First Drop does rock. It also looks like I'll attend White Knuckle Weekend in July.

I've been an ACEr for a while now, but I don't act like an ACEr. I've actually never been to an event. I like being a part of it though 'cause the magazines are nice (even if they are late), the discounts are good, and every once in a while I get benefits like going to media days. I know media days aren't anything to special, but I enjoy them.

I've been an ACE member since 1988. They've held some events that were a lot of fun, but I haven't attended any since 1999.

Even though I am a member, I still make fun of some of them. The club really isn't the same as when I joined. Too many people go on some sort of head trip that they're better than the so-called "GP." Most ACEers are just "GP" who have a card that admits them to ERT and buffets now and then. I remain a member because I think their publications are very good (though usually outdated by the time I get them). I do want to check out one of the ECC's magazines as a comparison. Everyone I've spoken to says they're top notch.

Eric

I joined in April 2004.

As far as our "ecentric members", it's like anything you join.

There are always weirdos. I go to a lot of Christian concerts and festivals, and there are even weirdos in the Christian community so anytime you get a bunch of people together, there's always going to be weird ones.

I like ACE so far, I like the publications, although the magazine could be a bit bigger.

On and off and back on again ACE'r here. This year the prospect of KK got me to re-up. Plus I may be going to PKI and attending a few events this year so that helps too. And I love the magazine and newsletter too!

Im also a member of ACE and have been a member for about 5 yrs.

I have enjoyed the couiple of events i have been too, but have found it to be very much like a clique and if you are new that they dont as a group/club to go out of there way to make new members feel part of the group and arent kid/family friendly. But i do enjoy RC magizene and some of the benefits of membership ie-discounts etc.

PS-Any one have info on ecc or first drop magizene???

My wife and I have been members for a few years now. We try and attend events when we can. We attended our first national event last year and thought it was pretty good. We prefer the regional ones though, as they tend to be more lightly attended and have better ERT. And yes, we do sometimes snicker at the nerds.

My sister surprised me with an ACE mebership for Christmas. I had heard about it before, but I had never really thought about joining. The Dollywood event next week will be my first one, so I'm not sure what to expect :? . I'm in it for the discounts, mostly.

I was in ACE from 98'-00, and then I gave up because I don't do much travel and I don't need to read out-of-date news articles about things that happened four months prior. Plus I'm pretty sure I'm below the minimum weight requirement.

I've been in ACE on and off since '92. I used to love it when WoC was the only place on the web I knew of for coaster updates, and the information in the publications was actually news to me. Now I'm a member of ACE and ECC, and I will be keeping the ECC membership for sure.

I can't wait for the PKeg article, or the entire issue for that matter.