TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Books Do You Read

Just got down with the last book and I'm struggling to figure out which book I'm going to read next. I'm on the racial kick right now, so I might go with And Still They Rise, but I might go in another direction and read The Day After Roswell.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished reading "The Truth (with jokes)" by Al Franken. Absolutely hilarious and eye-opening. However, not to be completely biased and partisan, I'm trying to get my hands on Bill O'Reilly's "Culture Warrior" to see the other side. I have a laundry list of books that I want to read, all related to politics. Bob Woodward's "State of Denial," David Rakoff's "Don't Get Too Comfortable," Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion," amongst others. Currently reading a book entitled "Condi vs. Hillary."

I read A LOT- probably get through 3-4 novels every two weeks.

Just read a book reccommended by one of my favorite authors James W. Hall called "Dark Of The Moon" by P.J. Parrish - - - -excellent read!!!

Went cover to cover thru it in 6 hours because I couldn't put it down.

im currently reading

Teutonic Myth and Legend: by Donald Mackenzie

and

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War: by Max Brooks (HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED!)

i read very little modern fiction, pretty much most of my fiction reading list is pre 1950. I'm a huge fan of Robert E Howard, H.P. Lovecraft and similar "low fantasy" authors. As far as modern stuff I admit im a potter fan... other than that WWZ is the only one that has really caught my interest in a while. I mostly read Non-fiction books on sociology, religion, psychology, polital theory and the like... human behavior FTW!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My friend and I were talking about this and he was shocked to hear that I have not read Cather in the Rye, so he made me read it. I loved it! I'm glad I picked it up.

So, there's Catcher in the Rye which was fantastic, and my two favorite books of all time are:

Flowers for Algernon (Charly) and Slaughterhouse-Five. Both are books I've read many times.

Unfortunately most of the books that I read now are technical books microsoft's .NET and I will soon have to do reading on upgrading my certifications.

Since I'm now managing the IT department, I gotta stay on top of that, especially since I've been working my butt off to keep current projects on track.

If I do have time to read a non-technical book I like to read a humorous book on some of my plane trips to unwind. The best one was from Lady Chablis... a female impersonator that starred in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"... she wrote an autobiography called "Hiding my candy" and I have to say that (breep) is nuts. I was laughing on the plane reading it.

Terrance

Almost all of my reading is for school now. I'm up to around 200 pages a day of reading things that are in some nature historial. My last big read was the Thomas Paine collection, however to be fair I only read his three biggest books (Common Sense, Rights of Man, and The Age of Reason), and left out many of the others. However when time allows for some fun reading, I've been making my way through the Jack Ryan collection by Tom Clancy for a while now. I've only got a few more books before I finish up that series. Good books if you're into that kind of thing.

i will read anything and everything by Chuck Palahniuk or Augusten Burroughs...

but i mainly read memoirs...

right now i am reading: I hope they serve beer in hell by Tucker Max...

i absolutely 100% recommend it... if you can handle the offensiveness. It's brutal.