TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

^Jesus dude. Lighten up a bit. That rant was a little to much.

As for the new coaster, maybe it's just a combination of all three concepts. It's my thought but i think that would be kinda cool. If you add in a couple tunnels you could easily make the transition from "scene to scene"

Now I know this doesn't relate to SDC, but I feel like ZambeziZinger (PhantomPoster) does get unfair treatment on this site sometimes. He makes a good point about most information on this site being the "word on the street". I also feel like some posters are meaner to him than he is to others. End.

About the name, I was hoping for the mining theme, but I trust SDC to create an amazing roller coaster with top-notch theming like they always do. I'm just glad they didn't go for the rodeo theme.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does it gotta spin though?!

In all seriousness, if it is mild spinning for a small portion of the ride, I can probably handle it. Its not that I don't LIKE spinning. Its that my body cant handle spinning. Sometimes not even a little bit. I've gotten nauseous on raft rides while they were "spinning". At times the short spinning portion on JLBFM has thrown me for a loop (no pun intended lol). It sucks. So hopefully if this coaster just HAS to spin it will be something that wont bother me and I can be able to enjoy a new coaster.

In all seriousness, if it is mild spinning for a small portion of the ride, I can probably handle it. Its not that I don't LIKE spinning. Its that my body cant handle spinning. Sometimes not even a little bit. I've gotten nauseous on raft rides while they were "spinning". At times the short spinning portion on JLBFM has thrown me for a loop (no pun intended lol). It sucks. So hopefully if this coaster just HAS to spin it will be something that wont bother me and I can be able to enjoy a new coaster.

My thoughts exactly.

My partner can't even sit in an office chair and spin around a couple of times with out throwing up, so I'm hoping this coasters spinning is mild. That way we can enjoy it together.

I'm sure it will be mild on the spinning though. Knowing SDC I'm sure the park takes into consideration people who get sick from excessive spinning, and to keep the ride family friendly I can see them wanting to keep the spinning under control!!

If they are indeed going with a time traveling theme maybe they will include a time traveling steam train and create another scientist character and hire someone that is similar to the likeness of Christopher Lloyd to represent him just to annoy Universal Studios. lol

Does anyone know when the last time the mist effect worked on wildfire? It always was a really nice little touch, and it somewhat cooled you off during the summer if you were riding in the back. The last time I remember it working was in 2014. I don't know why that effect is always breaking, as it seems like a simple setup.

We can hold out hope SDC opts for the dual train concept Mack has where one train spins and the other offers forward and backward fixed seats as seen on that concept video of the compact launch coaster.

We can hold out hope SDC opts for the dual train concept Mack has where one train spins and the other offers forward and backward fixed seats as seen on that concept video of the compact launch coaster.

That would be amazing!! That way those who want spinning can ride, and get spinning, while those who can't do spinning can still enjoy the ride without the spinning!!

That would be amazing!! That way those who want spinning can ride, and get spinning, while those who can't do spinning can still enjoy the ride without the spinning!!

1:40 mark on this video

Especially if they had the forwards/backwards trains! But with Thunderation no longer running the backwards train, I'm not all that optimistic.

^ Thunderation doesn't have the backwards cars because Arrow never designed the ride to run backwards. This ride in the video is designed to have seats that run backwards, so it would be entirely different in the eyes of insurance companies. They don't care whether the ride runs backwards. They care whether it's being run as designed.

1:40 mark on this video

Yep, that would definitely make me sick

^ Agreed.

I'm really hopping for either really mild spinning, or a non-spinning car/train. I would hate for SDC to build a ride that I couldn't actually ride. Also, thinking about all the other people that visit SDC, spinning is something that a lot of people can't handle, so I'd be nice if the park were able to make a way all guest could enjoy the new attraction.

Granted, I highly doubt this will happen. It will probably just be an "extreme spinning coaster" No "non spinning" option.

I don't think their focus is on making all attractions appeal to all their guests. That was true for a very long time, but recently they've been targeting a specific audience with new additions, and I think that's been a very good thing. They didn't half-ass Outlaw Run; they knew it would have limited appeal, and they chose to build the ride that would strongly appeal to a limited audience over one that would appeal more broadly but less passionately.

I do get sick if rides spin quite a bit, but I do enjoy a good spinning coaster. I mean, what's the point of a spinning coaster if it doesn't spin It should be called a "Mildly rotating" coaster. All I want spinning wise is to do a 360 through a zero g roll. if I can have that, then I'd be pleased.