TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

what coaster did you severely underestimate

in you travels to parks around the world, what coaster did you look at and say looks fun but not expect much from and get a whole lot more then you bargained for. you all know the type that ride that looks pretty tame till your in the hot seat.

mine is wild mouse at Blackpool pleasure beach

this ride is very intense in its small old package, ejector air time with nothing to stop you, this ride is such a blast. the sharp turns lean you out over the edge and the head choppers like the one on the lift hill keep your distrust about how much head room you have way up their. this ride is defiantly a must ride.

i also under estimated the dragons fury at chessington, that coaster is much more intense then the spinning coasters of the us, namely Mr six and its similar counterparts.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I underestimated Superman Escape at Warner Bros Movie World, I thought - only 100 km/h (62mph) launch and 133' feet high, it's going to be quite tame but it really surpised me, the launch over a short distance and slightly going uphill was surprisingly intense, the ejector airtime on the bunnyhills was impressive, and the themed section before the launch was Universal like in quality.

It just has to be Yankee Cannonball, I didn't expect the amount of airtime on it! I looked at it and my friend who has rode it twice said its has great airtime. Since he only rode 7 coasters before, I didn't believe him. Once the ride was over, I was shocked by the airtime and how some of the hills were ejector!

I underestimated Phoenix at Knoebel's. Everybody always told me how awesome it was, but I didn't believe them. When I first saw it in person I was like "Oh, it's so tiny, there's no way it's as insane as everybody tells me it is." Oh, but IT IS!

And I also agree with what Dave said about Dragon's Fury and Wild Mouse. Those are great rides also.

Top Gun at Carowinds. I'd been on several B&M inverted coasters at that point and had really enjoyed them all, but Top Gun still managed to blow me away. The pacing and ultra-smoothness seriously pushed it to the top of the heap.

I knew the coasters at Carowinds, but this ride just came out of no where and blew me away with that zero G

Gemini - Ummmm AIRTIME!

Deja Vu for sure... Seeing as it's not talked about much, I expected it to be another rough, unexciting boomerang.

Boy, was I wrong. Although it is a bit rough, it's much better than the standard boomerangs and provides a rush that I've gotten on no other coaster. Definitely a great ride, even if it is by Vekoma.

Cyclops at Mt. Olympus.

Everyone told me how insane the third drop was, I just really underestimated how insane it was.

I should have figured an 18 age limit on the back car was there for a reason.

Unfortunately, that drop is the only memorable part of that ride. The rest of it is mediocre at best. It is quite fun, though, to feel like you're going to get chucked right out of the coaster.

When I was like 9, I saw the Greezed Lightning and I was like LAME!! Only 1 loop... I acted like a bad ass back then and I was like, that's a ride for sissy's. I rode it and it blew me away. I loved that coaster and I hated that they took it out. I now love Schwartzkoph shuttle loop coasters!!