TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

what coaster did you severely underestimate

Unfortunately, that drop is the only memorable part of that ride. The rest of it is mediocre at best. It is quite fun, though, to feel like you're going to get chucked right out of the coaster.

Yeah, it's definetly a one trick pony.

Though that one moment is one of the biggest WTF moments I've ever had.

Agreed. It really looks like a nothing ride. That last drop doesn't even look all that special. But, it delivers one of the most terrifying coaster moments around.

I really like rides that look lame, but wind up rocking, like Cornball Express. Who would have thought that little kiddie looking coaster wouid rock so much?

Am I the ONLY one who thinks Cyclops has moments other than the third drop? It might just be that I'm so light (19 years old and only 126 pounds), but I could not stay in my seat the entire ride

I agree. for me there were at least two other poinst where there was some air, and I spent the whole ride laughing.

That drop though - HOLY GUBSGUBS. I knew it was coming and I still almost died. It also made Nikki scream

yeah, if you sit in the very last seat you get air on other hills. You get the first drop, second bunny, then 2 short floats, then the BIG ASS HILL!, then good laterals. It is good if you sit in the very last seat. Otherwise, it is only that one hill.

If you sit in the front, you get many floater moments...but no big ass hill.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. for me there were at least two other poinst where there was some air, and I spent the whole ride laughing.

That drop though - HOLY GUBSGUBS. I knew it was coming and I still almost died. It also made Nikki scream

I got alot of air on the first drop.

Actually after everyone trumping up the 3rd drop I remember getting nearly torn out of the train on the first drop. I remember being so scared because if the first drop was that insane, what was this truly crazy one going to be like.

I would have to say the Matterhorn at Disneyland. Living on the east coast, i still knew about the matterhorn and how it was one of the first steel coasters. Well when me and my family (and friends) went to DL, we descided to go on it. I didnt really think it would be that intense, i mean the mountain is huge...but what could you really do in the space?

WELL...me parents and their LARGE freinds got into the bobslelds with me in the very front. Not only were we an extremely heavy set car, but it was also nighttime! We FLEW down the track in nearly pitch darkness. It was probably one of the greatest/scariest rides if ever experienced!

Harold is awesome

Haha, Gubsgubs! You totally love the noise I made on Cyclops! That drop was insane and caused me to fly out of my seat and land on the seat divider. Ow. We tightened the seat belt after that

My list is pretty much the same as Jer's, although those Wacky Worms were a lot more awesome than I was expecting.

Definately Wild Train @ Erlebnispark Strasswalchen. I knew it was going to be a bit more than your average family coaster from looking at the pictures, but I never expected the craziness of that ride. I never thought I could ride a 40 feet tall coaster 37 times in one day without being bored!

One coaster I really underestimated was Roar at SFMW. I was told it was just an average woodie, but I think of it as a fast, wild twister.

I just have to mention Freefall at SFMM even though it's not a coaster. I really underestimated that little ride! I rode that for the first time last weekend with my friend Brent (socalMAN123), and my five year old brother. When we got off, we were all laughing and in shock! It was sooooooooooooo much fun!! The drop was way more intense than I thought it would be! It still is not as good as Drop Zone, but I thought it was awesome.

----Antonio"Drop rides rule!"G.

I honetly thought El Toro looked like a weak piece of garbage when I first saw it doing test runs this year. I thought it looked slow and didn't have that wooden coaster "sound" to it.

But after riding it... wow. I still miss that authentic wooden coaster "sound" but with that comes headaches and broken spines so it's all good that El Toro sounds more like a steel coaster.

I really underestimated Oblivion. I was in Alton Towers last week, at Adrenaline Week. What really got me was the drop on Oblivion.

I thought after being on SheiKra, it would be kind of bad compared to it, but the drop on Oblivion is actually pretty good.

The drop seems to go for quite a long time, and there is some pretty good air going down the drop. Maybe it is just because the restraint wasn't fully down tight.

One ride that I underestimated this year was storm runner at HP.

Last year I went on it for the first time and this year when I went to HP and road it I was a lot more impressed with it then I remember it being.

Unfortunately this year i went for a re ride and it started to rain so they closed the ride and non of the people how were with me wanted to wait to see if the ran stopped so we left the park and as we were leaving it was going again with people on it and no one wanted to go back

I think one would have to be Gwazi. I wasn't expecting it to be very good at all but instead of just grabbing the credits, we actually came back for a couple more spins on the ride and enjoyed it. See, unlike most coaster enthusiests, I don't scream bloddy murder simply because the track might have a fair ammount of jack hammering. So long as the ride is good, aside from the jack hammering, they can still be very fun.

Over the summer I went to Busch Gardens Africa and looked at scorpian and said this ride will be boring and not forcefuil, but to my surprise it's one of the most forceful coasters I've been on. The ride is so forceful you probaly just can have seat belt on and be kept ine car through out the whole ride.

The coaster I can think of that I most underestimated was Tatsu. While I was expecting it to be a lot of fun and a good ride, I was thinking it would end up having an intensity level of Scream or Silver Bullet-fun with some some forceful moments but not terribly intense. It ended up being one of the most intense, as well as the one of the best coasters I have ever been on. The only other two I can think of that surprised me were X the first time I rode it (it actually exceeded the high expectations I had of it), Silver Bullet, and California Screamin' at California Adventure.

The only coaster I have ridden that did the opposite-that was not as thrilling as I expected it to be was Deja Vu. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good ride-but I was expecting it to be more intense than I found it to be.

And then there was the one coaster that I ahd heard was rough but did not look all that bad turned out to be the single most painful experience I have ever had on a coaster: Ninja at SFOG. Ouch.

Blue Streak at Cedar Point. The first time that I got to ride it was in 82 I think. We all looked at it and went "Wow" what a tiny little thing, but since it was there, we got in line. And what fun it was, especially since at that time the only restraint was the two-seat ratchet bar, lots of airtime. Surprised the heck out of all my family at the time.

It's still fun, even with the new restraints, but it's not quite the same. I WILL however still wait in line no matter what.

Same thing with Viper at Six Flags Great America- when they installed it I was like "Why build a smaller woodie that you already have????" And now I like it even better than the American Eagle. Viper is awesome, YAY for the double down!!!!!!!