TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Looping-Slide strikes back!

The joints on water slides can quite literally be a pain in the a$$ and i don't wanna go on something where you would have to build up that much speed.

Maybe you go down the slide on some kind of mat with a grippy side for the passenger and a smooth side for the slide? It would reduce friction a little and make it less painful...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's to waterslides what Intamin is to coasters

So what your actually saying is that people would get stuck all the time? ok, lol.

Seriously though, i would ride ANY coaster in the world but i still wouldnt ride THAT! It looks way to dangerous, sliding thru a loop on your body, i would freak out if i got stuck!!!

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but if (and that's a big IF) one of these were ever to be actually built, do you really think it would be in the US? No way, never happen. People are to stupid and too litigeous here.

No, it wouldn't be build in the US since Klarer doesn't sell to the US as it appears...

The joints on water slides can quite literally be a pain in the a$$ and i don't wanna go on something where you would have to build up that much speed.

you clearly have not been on a klarer slide. They're smooth like a baby's bottom. There are like NO joints...

I believe this is an interesting "concept" for a waterslide, just not a realistic one. As others have stated, what if you did somehow get stuck at the base of that loop?

Besides, I doubt that any insurance company (at least in the U.S.) would ever consider insuring such an extreme ride design.

I've been checking out their website for the past 20 minutes or so, and I think the best thing they have going for them is this:

Slide Installation

Germany - 253

Switzerland - 91

Japan - 71

Hmm, those are three quality, safety concious, fun loving countries! I'll be curious to try some out! (But still not the looping one!)

Wow that idea looks crazy. Does any one know if this is just a idea for a new ride or if it is actually getting built.

Two Prototypes have been build. No photos so far. Now it's just a question of beeing bought by a customer it seems...

Also does any one have pictures of the original loping water slide? I would be curious to see it.

There ya go:

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=337

Their body slide with the jump looks kinda crazy.

It looks like a ski jump.

That's the point

Also, water weights more than people do, so the water would have to be going so fast, it would be forced to the bottom (or top?) or the slide during the loop. When water is going that fast, it gets thin, look at Master Blaster's blaster thingys.

When I work at the top of the slides at the pool I guard at, you can not trust people. You say "Lay on your back, arms crossed, legs crossed." About 1 in 10 people follow the directions. The chance of just people being stupid is to high, especially for Americans.

The whole "Stalling" thing..I guess they'll have a minimum weight requirement cause a little kid would stall easier than a person 120lb or more..

I guess they do it with high water pressure .

As of looking at the pic a few times it does seem to be less of a vertical loop..it seems more so a slight incline..like it goes slightly sideways. It kinda looks like a corkscrew from an angled view.

That looks very painful, but it would be a great ride if it isn't. However, I don't think it would be that popular, and for that and the fact that this has "lawsuit" written all over it, I doubt it will ever be built. Well maybe it will be in Europe but never in America.

I google translated the first section of text on that newspaper thing, I added a few words to make it make sense, hope I got it right.

"After 4 years of development duration, we can present the first functional loop in a water chute do to 2 prototypes on a scale of 1:1 and thanks to innumerable slide attempts of courageous coworkers."