TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Question, do people mess that up that often? There are so many coasters with seatbelts and you practically almost sit on them when getting into the train. I guess I'm not surprised though.

Yes. Even when the seat belts are bright orange or yellow on a black seat. "Oh I didn't notice those!" "You mean you didn't notice the bright orange seatbelt and silver buckle stabbing you in the butt when you sit down?"

^ Theme of the ride. Matches the circle glasses that were cool back in 1999...

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 12.57.10 AM.png[/attachment]

(Greatest ride promo video EVER! )

Definitely, the video is so perfect for 1999-2000. Combine that with the music, mmmmmmm.

Just finished a day at Cedar Point with a night ride in the front row on Millennium Force, with an awesome ride crew including TPR member Josh. Great to meet you!

How bad were the sand flies? We rode Top Thrill in the front seat at dusk last year and got plastered. I wanted to ride MF at night this year at Halloweekends and was considering sitting in the back seat because of the sand flies.

P.S. Major credit for remaining enthusiastic! Got a good laugh at a couple of versions of the spiels.

I'll assume you're talking about TPR's own JRice92. Whatever they pay that guy it's not enough.

I waited for the front, and now I will have dreams of "black seatbelt first, yellow lapbar second." Question, do people mess that up that often?

Yes... Yes they do.

Black and yellow, you know what it is.

How bad were the sand flies? We rode Top Thrill in the front seat at dusk last year and got plastered. I wanted to ride MF at night this year at Halloweekends and was considering sitting in the back seat because of the sand flies.

I was expecting to come off the front-row ride looking like a windshield on the freeway, as I have several times before, but that didn't happen. Maybe hit a few bugs with my arms on the way, but it wasn't bad at all.

Just finished a day at Cedar Point with a night ride in the front row on Millennium Force, with an awesome ride crew including TPR member Josh. Great to meet you!

i got nailed so bad a couple years ago. we ended up waiting too long for the front so dusk hit and i swear we had to be the first ones through when they all congregated. lol i was covered. in my eye, nose, mouth. shirt became a polka dot shirt. too me forever to clean my shirt after i got home. haha

P.S. Major credit for remaining enthusiastic! Got a good laugh at a couple of versions of the spiels.

I'll assume you're talking about TPR's own JRice92. Whatever they pay that guy it's not enough.

I waited for the front, and now I will have dreams of "black seatbelt first, yellow lapbar second." Question, do people mess that up that often?

Yes... Yes they do.

Thank you for the compliment coasterbill!

And yes, people pull down their lap bars first all the time, almost once every other train. Our spiels are constantly evolving so we can minimize guests pulling down the lap bars first.

Yes... Yes they do.

And yes, people pull down their lap bars first all the time, almost once every other train. Our spiels are constantly evolving so we can minimize guests pulling down the lap bars first.

I hope you're returning next year for when we visit Cedar Point in 2016!

I knew the struggle all too well in the years I worked XC @ KBF. We tried the reverse psychology approach a few times: Please pull the lapbar down first before fastening the seat belt. Sad to say it did work.

I hope you're returning next year for when we visit Cedar Point in 2016!

That's the plan! This winter I'm planning on heading down to Orlando or Tampa to work in one of the parks there during the off season!

This is an interesting thought, with these leaks that have been happening for the past rides, do you feel Cedar Point is starting to go away from teasing us so much to try to keep it under wraps?

My favorite was Maverick when coaster track just showed up and they started building the ride before they ever said anything. "What are you talking about? A new ride, what?" To me, that created the most excitement and they didn't have to do anything.

Something to think about (and this is coming from a 20 year DJ speaking from a music background, I also have worked in real estate marketing for 9 years): leaks can be quite a benefit, many companies have realized this and will even go as far as leak info/music/plans/whatever on their own to generate buzz. It's a really great marketing tool.

Now, I'm not saying at all that CP did it themselves but its not a new concept for a leak to happen on purpose for publicity.

Its interesting that when Dollywood was about to make their really big deal announcement, the CP plans leaked. Just by looking at this forum, the CP thread has stayed just as much if not more active as the DW thread (same on other forums), so by leaking the info (OR it being leaked by someone) BUT then not confirming/saying anything, CP is keeping enthusiasts salivating and the GP talking about/speculating if the plans are in fact true.

In marketing, while the big reveal is your "moment", what you really want is people talking about your product, and as loudly and favorably and often as possible. CP is killing the game with that right now if you ask me.

This is an interesting thought, with these leaks that have been happening for the past rides, do you feel Cedar Point is starting to go away from teasing us so much to try to keep it under wraps?

It's actually doing something they want - getting publicity and people talking. It's not costing CP a thing even though it does sort of ruin the "surprise" when the actual announcement happens.

^i agree. I would rather (at this point because of technology) not have any clues. This allows for suspense on exactly what is happening.

I agree 100%. I would rather have 0 clues, and the find out on the official announcement day what is going on, rather than already know when they official announce it. Because now it is like when they announce it... they are not really telling us anything we don't already know.