TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2017: Top Thrill Dragster RETIRED!?!?!?

Posted 2 months ago:

Last night I had a chance to ride in a modified seat on Gatekeeper, and I'll say...SO MUCH BETTER. I had no soreness after the ride at all. If anyone's interested, I do know of two seats that have been changed already; Gold train, right side, rows 2 and 4 outside seats. I'm sure there are others I'm not aware of, but try those first if you want to experience it.

I'm pretty sure maintenance hasn't had time to continue with this endeavor, so I would expect the full change to happen over winter. If any other seats are known, please share them!

It's a family attraction or something along those lines.

Edit: Im pretty sure this is from the boardwalk concept art for Knotts but it was teased on Twitter.[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

That was from yesterday. It was discussed on the last page and a copy of the Knotts concept art was posted I feel that this is for whatever this attractions concept art is, but either way, there are striking similarities. Look at those lights. We'll just call those "boardwalk lights". Very similar to Knotts and the area in question was near the beach. As Mr. Ouimet said, they're always looking into more ways to incorporate the beach. This is a perfect way I feel. A family coaster and some classic flats. Sounds pretty good. But who knows what it may be haha.

There's been teasers going out about this time each day. I wonder if we'll see one soon today.

^ONLY the outside seats in row 2 and 4 have been modified. And I am not sure whether that is both trains.

I'm not sure which train I was on this morning, but I was in row 2 left outside seat and the vest clamped down on me. Nothing like some pain first thing in the morning on my first ride for early entry. By the way there are 3 trains not 2.

^ Aren't all the trains gold? I'm not a GateKeeper expert. Maybe I'm missing something...

I'd always thought so too, the fact sheet from ages ago listed just different shades of gold although I remember seeing red in pictures so it could very easily have changed after the announcement:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/images/news/GKFactSheet.pdf

I rode front left on Friday night on Gatekeeper and the vest was still as it always has been. It does not bother me that much for two or three rides, but if you marathon it like on media day it can get painful. I did not notice it until about 8 rides in on Media Day.

The train we rode (shockingly) had all the lights working. First time I had seen that. Usually 2-3 rows are always burnt out.

It was running good though... Some bumps here and there but overall still smooth in that seat. The other train though, sounded terrible. Walking into the park I could not believe how bad it sounded. Thankfully, we got the good train when we rode. Waiting 10mins for front row, left side (no fastpass) at 8:30pm on Friday night... They had a platinum ride night that night starting at 9:30 or so, and after we rode Raptor and came back to ride again, the line was HUGE. It was shorter prior to "ride night", so we went home.

For those too lazy to click the link:

Yes, I'm sorry for teasing.

Oh come on. If I were tweeting this, I'd use hashtag #sorrynotsorry. I'm not sorry - because it makes this fun!

We're less than 24 hours away from our 2014 announcement, and the guessing game continues. Some of you are close. Some of you are WAAAAY off.

But for us, it's fun to sit back and watch your imaginations take control.

So in a good way, I'm not sorry. Does that make sense?

You know what doesn't make sense?

This pic:

bch_aer_reduced.png.fe9d769bdd81fc8a1a070b5bd1a492de.png

So yeah. Let those imaginations soar.

I rode front left on Friday night on Gatekeeper and the vest was still as it always has been. It does not bother me that much for two or three rides, but if you marathon it like on media day it can get painful. I did not notice it until about 8 rides in on Media Day.

The train we rode (shockingly) had all the lights working. First time I had seen that. Usually 2-3 rows are always burnt out.

It was running good though... Some bumps here and there but overall still smooth in that seat. The other train though, sounded terrible. Walking into the park I could not believe how bad it sounded. Thankfully, we got the good train when we rode. Waiting 10mins for front row, left side (no fastpass) at 8:30pm on Friday night... They had a platinum ride night that night starting at 9:30 or so, and after we rode Raptor and came back to ride again, the line was HUGE. It was shorter prior to "ride night", so we went home.

I was there that night, I figured that was what was going on. Yup, you can see the lights on the trains were working.

yml1.thumb.jpg.13962093dfa6eac3f5f2e0b0719a99b1.jpg

Fun to look at, not so much fun to ride.

I consider it one, but I don't disagree with it being two at all. Some notable differences include:

-Blue has a smoother helix.

-Red has more "good" airtime.

-Red is more smooth overall.

And a little secret: Red is *slightly* faster

From an operators standpoint, blue is better. From a riders, red. So I can understand how some people might consider it two.