TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2017: Top Thrill Dragster RETIRED!?!?!?

As I just visited Cedar Point, I have to say that Children's Gemini Area was one of the less interessing in the park, with very few rides and nothing connecting them to each other. A little bit like if they bought too many rides in a precedent expansion, and they did not know what to do with them, so they threw them there ! I think both rides look fun, especially the Pipe Scream, and I really like the Flying Scooters, so I think it will be an improvement of the area. My only concern is the pretty low capacity of the Flying Scooters, especially if some peoples ride it alone (as many likes to control their bird themselves) because Cedar Point is a park with huge crowds.

That was a TERRIBLE video. That family made me want to kill myself. I'm assuming those children will also now be constantly bullied at school because of it.

This is exactly the thing that happened with that Gizmo guy and now he hates anything to do with Ohio. Lets hope those kids don't grow up and develope his negative personality:(

Edited by FaithPlus1

I will not twerk for any announcement. Ever.

This comment made my day.

Just a few thoughts...I am excited to see that blacktop go, and I think the area will look awesome at night with those lights strung across the midway! That is if things are to remain true to the concept art. The prospect of a new food service joint looks good too, especially if it brings some new items. I never find much at the point that appetizing.

I wish the interior of Breakers was going under the knife first, and I do prefer the white exterior. I think it makes Breakers look more regal, although those rooms...yikes! I try to do Sandcastle Suites or Breakers Express, but there is no denying the convenience of Breakers.

And as for Gemini, let's not talk about the prospect of that ride going. I love that coaster, and Blue Streak too!

All in all these are good improvements, and any improvements are good right? They did just put in a new coaster this year ya know. And the video, no comment.

Sounds like a nice addition.

Definitely looking forward to snappi-umm, err, "riding" the flying scooters

Unfortunately, having been on the ones at KBF and Michigan's Adventure, I don't think the newer ones are nearly as "snappy" as the old ones for some reason. However,maybe its similar to Carowinds' and KD's scooters and I'm overreacting. Still a cool ride, though!

I will not twerk for any announcement. Ever.

Just quoting Tony so he can possibly answer from the Parks standpoint. Will Cedar Point officially count Pipe Scream as their 17th coaster? I mean isn't the name of the ride (Generically) Disk'o Coaster? Just curious... It would be great to see the number increase back to 17. and on top of that it would make Cedar Point home to 3 Kiddie / Family coasters! I'd say a win-win (Since some people complain that too many coasters is a bad thing because theres nothing for the Kiddies). Personally I'm happy with the additions to the park. The only Disk'o Ive been on is the one in Martin's Fantasy Island which doesnt have the hump in the middle and it runs the generic Disco Vehicle instead of the Skater. Cant wait to ride!

On another topic, I was watching a Mean Streak POV, and if they give it the Iron Horse treatment, there is some serious potential for this ride, it has tons of land that they can work with, it's going to be interesting to see what they come up with if they do decide to give it the Iron Horse treatment. Fingers crossed!

Sounds like a nice addition.

Definitely looking forward to snappi-umm, err, "riding" the flying scooters

Unfortunately, having been on the ones at KBF and Michigan's Adventure, I don't think the newer ones are nearly as "snappy" as the old ones for some reason. However,maybe its similar to Carowinds' and KD's scooters and I'm overreacting. Still a cool ride, though!

Having done the scooters at Holiday World several times, I can say that while it may be way harder to snap your scooter, you can still get some serious height if you time your rudder turning just right. While the older ones have that "HOLY CRAP" factor, the newer ones are still just as fun!

I am more than happy to see these changes. I am a fan of Surf Dog already, and the relocation of Jr. Gemini's entrance just makes sense. Probably should have been done a long time ago. I agree that the renaming does sting a little, it was my son's first coaster. But hey the song remains the same.

Well that announcement video was...interesting. If I go next season I'll have to randomly run around Lake Eerie Eagles flapping my arms and cawing loudly (though I have skipped through that part of the park linking arms with my cousin, so it's not THAT out of the ordinary for me) and YouTube it. But I still respect the family. I'm a YouTuber myself and I know how hard camera presence can be, and we all have to find what works for us. And if acting overly goofy and cheesey and acting like a bird makes you work best and feel most comfortable on camera, then I commend them for doing it.

About Jr. Gemini, it looked like they were repainting it brown in the sketch. I think if they removed the trim around the station roof and gave it that lot cabin texture used throughout Planet Snoopy it would match the Wilderness Run name. It appeared as if it would stay the same, and if they do they won't match the theme. I guess they could put Peanuts characters on each colored car and it would look okay. Though the front does say "Jr. Gemini" so they might have to paint over it or, if it's a decal, take it off.

This looks good, though, and I'm glad they chose to update this section of the park.

Following on from this year's kiddie ride Gatekeeper...more kiddie rides. They should charge credit whores $10 to ride without a kid on Gemini Wilderness Junior coaster, the revenue boost would be enormous. More money to buy more trashcans, yay!!

I'm happy with these additions. I really enjoyed Surf Dog at Kings Island and did not think it was a kiddie ride at all, much more thrilling than expected. Going across the bump in the middle at speed gave me some unexpected airtime!

Following on from this year's kiddie ride Gatekeeper...more kiddie rides. They should charge credit whores $10 to ride without a kid on Jr. Gemini Wilderness Junior coaster, the revenue boost would be enormous. More money to buy more trashcans, yay!!

They would make so much money! I want to ride it, not for the credit, just to see how it rides (it is Intamin's first coaster).

^I've done it before. CoasterMania 2008: the funniest ERT session I've ever been a part of. A bunch of grown coaster enthusiasts in line to ride this tiny coaster. Many of which were yelling things like "YEAH ALL 17 CREDITS!!" after they rode. When it was my turn to ride, I quickly noticed the cars are TINY. I had a lot of trouble fitting my long legs in those cars. The ride itself is kind of intense actually! The hills and turns are really sharp and jerk you quite a bit.

Back to 2014, I'm excited for these new rides. Disk-O coasters are really fun. I've only done the one at Kings Island once (spinning is usually not my thing), but it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. My favorite addition, though, will be the flying scooters. I love those rides!

Definitely a step in the right direction for The Point.

Just catching up on the CP thread now. Wow, that video announcing the 2014 stuff was God Awful Cheesy. Was a video even necessary? Couldn't they have just used pictures and artists renderings? Anyways, I knew it was going to be an off year for CP since they just put in Gatekeeper and the family ride additions are fine, but hopefully they will keep the height requirements 42" or less to ride (or at least w/ an adult) because if these new family rides have a 48" height requirement, what's the point?

Im Still Excited About The Pipe Scream Im Not As Happy That THere Putting In Lake Erie Eagles Though! WHat I Would Like To See In 2015 Is That They Move All The Rides In Planet Snoopy Over To Camp Snoopy And Rename Camo Snoopy LIke (SNoopys Dream Camp Or Something And Just Rename All The Rides! Then Were Planet Snoopy Was They Could Build LIke Either A HalloWeekends Forest Or A Roller Coaster!!

Im Still Excited About The Pipe Scream Im Not As Happy That THere Putting In Lake Erie Eagles Though! WHat I Would Like To See In 2015 Is That They Move All The Rides In Planet Snoopy Over To Camp Snoopy And Rename Camo Snoopy LIke (SNoopys Dream Camp Or Something And Just Rename All The Rides! Then Were Planet Snoopy Was They Could Build LIke Either A HalloWeekends Forest Or A Roller Coaster!!

I'm still excited about Pipe Scream, but I'm not as happy that they're putting in Lake Erie Eagles, though! What I would like to see in 2015 is that they move all the rides in Planet Snoopy over to Camp Snoopy and rename Camp Snoopy like Snoopy's Dream Camp or something and just rename all the rides! Then where Planet Snoopy was they could build like either a HalloWeekends forest or a roller coaster!!

Fixed.

/\/\ you took away all the capital letters. now i have nothing left to use for my post. nothing!!

I fixed it, so you can have some! Enjoy: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Edited by IneedTPforbunghole

I think this is a good project for CP, they really needed to change Jr Gemini's name too and frog hopper, frog hopper seemed like it was at a generic park, and Jr Gemini was a stupid name. Plus, Lake Erie Eagles isn't CP's first flying scooters ride.

I think Matt Ouimet doesn't want one park to have one ride other Cedar Fair parks don't have, competition maybe?