TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I still think its an Arrow Pipeline coaster. That Intamin track is just there to throw everyone off. They're going to add that piece and several others to Top Thrill Dragster so they can reclaim the height record.

And I'd like to know where in the Cedar Point Fanboy Rule Book does it say "a log flume or any water ride must be over water. If the said ride is not over water, it may not be a water ride"

Whatever CP is getting, I'm sure it will be a good investment and everyone will run out and ride it. I know I will.

(Deep breaths, as directed.)

A few weeks ago I heard that a Mack Supersplash had been sold to an unnamed US park. I didn't mention it here, as even though the speculation was that it would be a good replacement for WWL, I didn't have anything to back it up.

Now I see Intamin track on site and footers in water, AA doesn't really interact with a whole lot of water, either, but it leads me to pass on the other rumor I heard, which now makes more sense of the two I heard.

It could still be a Vekoma SLC at the Point and CP is storing Intamin track for GL's next ride. We'd all feel foolish then, wouldn't we?

AA was on RCDB as 'under construction' for about a year. I look at the new for ## stuff a lot. I know Duane doesn't add a coaster until he hears stuff that is almost 100% certain. I don't know if he knew from the contract, from the park announcement, ground breaking, etc. This means that ride COULD have been under construction for much longer than a year, or much less. I'll check with him.

Hang on, let me go get a beer and some popcorn. I wanna be around when a CP fanboy steel cage match breaks out.

Oh, and keep it on the qt and hush hush, but someone just called me anonymously and said that Dick Kinzel was personally training the Yeti's little brother to work the platform on opening day. From there on, they're gonna leave it up to the Loch Ness Monster to make sure things run smoother than the previous Intamin installations. Makes sense, right? Afterall, it is a water coaster, huh?

^ (smacks Beemerboy)....HEY? you drinking all the beer and hogging all of the popcorn...share with the rest of us too!..lol Just for that, your doing everyone else dishes.

Perhaps another way to help this thread is begin a poll and eliminate some of the "obvious" rumors first..lol

For example: Who believes it's an Intamin track? Who believes its just a coaster? A water-ride? A combination of the two (water-coaster)? Who has been taking hormone pil.....oh wait, thats not the question I wanted to ask..lol

Does it really matter what they are getting? So it looks like another roller coaster can't everyone just be happy about that and wait for the announcement. Theres no need to be yelling about what they are getting, we'll find out soon enough.

Oh and just for the record...Mr. Kinzel ha never said in any interview that he wanted to, "Go out with a bang." or anything along those lines. It was a something someone posted somewhere and basically made that up.

Oh and just for the record...Mr. Kinzel ha never said in any interview that he wanted to, "Go out with a bang." or anything along those lines. It was a something someone posted somewhere and basically made that up.

^

I NEVER quoted Mr. Kinzel personally saying that. It was reported from a media-related topic on another site regarding him leaving the company at the end of the year. And YES that line was quoted from the writers report. Here we go again with the backlashing and crude comments/remarks on who said what to whom again *shaking head* Chill out!

lets start a new rumor..lol

Its going to be the new B&M-converted Intamin-track (style) Hyper-Woody disguised as a Flyer. Lift height is right at 500ft. BOTH TRACKS! The train(s)-6of them, will disembark from the current que-station, head out over the ocean (into Canada..lol), return towards the park, perform 11 inversions (that covers this record), then splash down that dirty-water 'pond'. The CP sign "We are going in different direction"?>> When the ride clears the #3 lift (lol), it has a transfer track area where the remaining ride is performed IN REVERSE!

"Maverick" will have theming based off the movie (with Mel Gibson and Jody Foster). Each set of trains will have spurs (bottom of the chassis), and each rider must don cowboy pants and hats to ride. Camera's allowed for POV's? Why yes, of course. If the person (taking the vid) looses the object or injures someone, they are required to have a shootout (at sundown-by TTD) and Jessie James in reincarnated and is the other shooter. Be sure to read your waiver form as CP is not responsible for lost appendages.

Did that cover all of the rumors?..lol

Wow, CP Rumor Boys are insane!!!!

Anyways, I have a new theory. They're building the worlds largest Inta-Entrance!

Need I remind you that there was plenty of Intamin track sitting in a parking lot that was not used for a coaster!

Afew points I'd like to comment on:

Thast exactly what I said Elissa, but knowone listens to me

That Intamin track is just there to throw everyone off.

Thats exactly what I thought.

Anyone fancy putting money where there mouths are?

I'm not a CP fanboy, I said it would be bad if it is an Aqua thingy as they've kept it a secret, if your going to keep it a secret, its got to be a big coaster(not in size, but general status).

Wouldn't it be great if every park done this for every new coaster they got,

-Martyn

Is that a triangle track http://www.rcdb.com/fr/m/ig1646.htm?picture=21 ?

No, or I have to change my glasses... All Intamin coasters are not "Triangle" or "Square", it can change anywhere in a coaster. I don't really know why it is not always triangle or square, but I know it can change. Look TTD for example (on the brake track), or Colossus.

The form of the track won't help us to determine the kind of coaster.

You can compare CP and Atlantis Adventure footers if you have nothing better to do...

About the coaster, I think PortAventura will have the "exclusivity" about the Wing Walker, because they have this project for long time...

The aquatrax is very possible, because of the water footers, and they may have a lot of good TR from Atlantis Adventure. The other possibility is a looper, beating the inversions record, because CP loves breaking records.

But now, we can only expects, and wait.

Nope, that's regular flat track.

Intamins switch to different style track to ease the stress on the track. Square for high stress (Strata coasters) Triangular for common track (SFNE's SROS), and flat for the lowest stress (banked turns on the others SROSes)

1684603008_AtlantisAdventure002.jpg.708930e0874783cb053379b154dc010a.jpg

Banked Aqua Trax track.

Well now that they put up the wall that means i have exclusive construction shots . I have thought about the track going somewhere else, and now that i really think about it it makes sense. When the infamous blue tarp showed up in the Gemini parking lot some people thought that it could be going to another park, but that went to Cedar Point. This track is in the Breakers Express lot, big difference. Remember Cedar Point is the HQ for Cedar Fair.

Nope, that's regular flat track.

Intamins switch to different style track to ease the stress on the track. Square for high stress (Strata coasters) Triangular for common track (SFNE's SROS), and flat for the lowest stress (banked turns on the others SROSes)

You're partly right. But it can vary depending on the part of a ride.

MF has the square track on the straight hills, triangular on the overbanks and turns, and flat track for the brake run/station.

Why would there be so many footers on dry land compared to the few in water if the ride is a WATER coaster. What, do you think they will expand that pond, or make a new one. The park is in the middle of a freakin lake more water is not what they need. The ride will be dry.

It doesn't have to all be over water to be a water coaster.

Well, pictures of the site will be hard to get now. A wonderful plywood fence has been added around the perimeter of the whole construction site. A smart move by CP if you ask me, put the fence up after the media leaves. I admit that the area looks a lot nicer now then it did when it was a giant dirt pit.

http://www.pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?i=3539

I doubt they have a fence in front of the pond the footers are sitting in, it looks to me like they just put a fence up around the former entrance area to White Water Landing.

Why are most people complaining that CP might get an Aqua Trax? I mean seriously, if it is an Aqua Trax I think it would be awesome. It would be the first of its kind in the US and it could have such a unique layout. In fact, I wouldn't mind if I kept seeing more of them popping up all over the US. By the looks of the one in Lotte World, they look really fun.