TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Even with IBox track Mean Streak could claim some records. If we assume that the lift is being made taller (as a wood coaster it was 161' tall), it would only need to be ~20 feet taller to claim the "tallest hybrid" record (assuming we use that designation for IBox track) from Iron Rattler's 179 feet.

Here's my two cents on the 2017/18 RMC'ed Mean Streak... I am on #Team2017. Here is why...

In 2003 Cedar Point announced Top Thrill Dragster in January 2003 even though, like Mean Streak, they had already started on the project before the official announcement was made for Dragster. My only reservation is they are already investing soooo much money into the point. However a RMC conversion is on the cheap end, when compared to other roller coasters they have installed recently. A RMC conversion will get more people to visit the park. I just can't imagine CF starting on a ride this early only to keep it closed until 2018.

Ironically, I fear that people will still complain about Mean Streak post the RMC conversion, that everyone has called for since RMC converted their first woodie. To all those that are complaining about the 2017/18 debate wait until the announcement when the "This is awesome/I wanted more" debate begins.

True, but I didn't realize there was anyone who thought they would keep it a wood coaster. I mean... they could I guess, but I would think Ibox is the more likely scenario. Either way though it's exciting to see.

Anyway on a more important note, it's not that windy. Get it together douche nozzles . For anyone in the know, is the Halloweekends policy to only open Sky Ride / Windseeker if the forecasts gives them confidence that it can run all day since they're probably short staffed and don't want to waste time having people stand around doing nothing? In the summer it seems like they're more willing to operate these rides within any short weather windows they get.

I understand the reasoning if that is the case but either way... this event sucks 0/10 would not recommend.