TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

No problem. They did not require any proof of vaccines, There was just a question on the sheet asking if they have been vaccinated or not. Due to this I was happy he had the kennel cough vaccine, never know what's going to be there. It was 15 dollars per day. They open an hour before the park opens, and you have until an hour after the park closes to pick them up. Gave us enough time to ride MF a few times at the end of the day and still have enough time. The pet check is pretty close to the marina entrance so we used that to go in and out of the park.

Overall I was pretty happy with the experience. It's just one of those things you can't quite tell how your dog is going to be until you do it. Like I said it was terrible the first day hearing him crying as we were leaving. He did get used to it though and it made the second day a lot less stressful for us, the second day we left one of my hoodies that I had been wearing in the kennel with him, not sure if it helped or he was just more used to the surroundings. It sure did beat trying to find overnight boarding at home and being nervous the whole time we were away, and if anything happened we would have to drive all the way home.

Gotcha. The hours the pet check is open are pretty spectacular, I gotta say! My dog would most likely throw a fit when I left but he would settle down in a short while. I have the turn and walk away down pat. Great idea to leave a hoodie with your dog on the second day. Would I be allowed to bring in a kong filled with PB and kibble for him to keep busy with do you think? He's quite a handful (he's a working bred dog, after all) so the kong helps. I love that nobody would be handling him whatsoever. His commands aren't in English and I don't allow anyone not familiar with working dogs to handle him as in one blink with anyone else and he'd be off, probably diving into Lake Erie haha. The closest kennels I trust to watch him are between 80-90 minutes away each direction and frankly I'd much rather have him with me as much as possible as he's a well seasoned traveler. Thanks again for all your info - super helpful and I'm sure others will see this as well!

ETA: Are you allowed to drop by and take your dog out for a potty and walk during the day? Or do they prefer you not stop by?

Here is an interesting quote from the Cedar Point Spokesman Tony Clark.

“Everyone has been asking what we’re gonna do with the wood,” says park spokesperson Tony Clark. “We’re taking it down. We’re not gonna really give it to anybody. We’re not going to sell it. We’re not gonna auction it. It’s gotta go. If that changes and we want to build some special chairs or furniture and sell it in the park, we’ll let people know, but I don’t think there’s big plans for that wood.”

www.wkyc.com/features/what-will-happen-to-all-that-mean-streak-wood-at-cedar-point/315488209

Not sure if I would take that at face value. But it makes it sound like the ride is getting torn down. But then the rest of the article is speculation about what is going to be happening which includes the possibility of the ride being modified by RMC.

I don't think they have an answer because an answer would give hint to the future of the development.

The wording says after the ride has closed. When did it say immediately afterward? Next summer would be after the ride has closed. I'll keep an eye open tonight, but it might not happen tonight, or even this year.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the source, but I do remember analyzing the exact statement. See if you can spot the difference between what was said, and what many people seem to have heard:

"[Plans for the future of Frontier Town] will be announced after the closing of Mean Streak on September 16th."

vs

"[Plans for the future of Frontier Town] will be announced, after the closing of Mean Streak, on September 16th."

It will be very interesting to see what they do end up doing to Mean a streak. On one hand it would make a great RMC but on another hand it takes up SO MUCH land that it could be made into multiple rides. One thing I always saw coming to CP would be a drop tower since they lack in that department. Time will tell

Time will tell

Yes it will, especially if the time you're referring to is the Spring of 1998 when they built a 240 foot tall drop tower right in the center of the park.

Pictures, or its not true. You know the rules.

Man, this thread got savage while I was gone today!

FWIW, I did read on another site that will not be named that somebody actually called CP, and somebody there said something will be announced tonight... *shrugs* Not saying I believe THAT, but I will be a little surprised if no hints about MS's future come from tonight... Not shocked, but surprised.

Hello,

Long time listener, first time caller. There were a couple things in the last few days that finally made me want to jump into the discussion a little:

^^^^on this thread a few pages back ejot said he emailed and they also told him they may announce something tonight. That said, I agree with most others; the original wording about the announcement was purposefully vague, I believe. Good chance we won't hear anything tonight about Mean Streak, but I'll be happy if we do obviously.

The other thing i read with much interest was the hotel discussion, since I've been trying to get a group trip together with my GP friends...as all of my friends are GP, and I would guess that I am too(or just genuinely busy and too lazy to even drive 30 mins to SFSTL) compared to you guys. But as I've gone through the process, I definitely think staying at any of the properties on the peninsula is worth it to me. I've been looking at the weekend of Oct 23-25 for me and my girlfriend. If I've done everything correctly, If I were to buy the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday tickets, and parking for those 3 days online it's $304.59. The "Ultimate Halloweekend package" gets you all the entry and parking obviously, for $596.10. So essentially it's $145.75 a night. And IDK what value you put on early entry...plus ability to throw some food and beverages(adult and otherwise) in the fridge in the room and go back there conveniently whenever to eat or relax.

I guess the short of it is, it seems like there is a greater value(in my case $87 bucks saved per night minimum) for non pass holders to stay there. I can definitely see where having a Platinum Pass would actually make it less appealing to stay on the peninsula.

I have enjoyed following this thread for a long time and have read every post since a couple months before the Valravn announcement, and just wanted to share my thoughts on the hotel thing. Thanks!

I don't think they have an answer because an answer would give hint to the future of the development.

The wording says after the ride has closed. When did it say immediately afterward? Next summer would be after the ride has closed. I'll keep an eye open tonight, but it might not happen tonight, or even this year.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the source, but I do remember analyzing the exact statement. See if you can spot the difference between what was said, and what many people seem to have heard:

"[Plans for the future of Frontier Town] will be announced after the closing of Mean Streak on September 16th."

vs

"[Plans for the future of Frontier Town] will be announced, after the closing of Mean Streak, on September 16th."

Similarly:

"A Panda eats shoots and leaves."

Or

"A Panda eats, shoots, and leaves"

If I said I wasn't hoping for an announcement today, that would be a lie. However, I am patient enough to wait until the announcement is made, and not twist my underwear in a bunch until then.